This game is too much Skill to Win for Today's Meh players, A Safety Net is needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ImGladUmad, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Exmortius

hopefully they add combat engineer back in spitfires and sensors will make bases far tougher to capture. CEs really helped make base captures far more difficult and rewarding. so in future add on's i'd like to see something that helps more with defenses added.
    • Up x 1
  2. MrBloodworth

Skill is not just about aiming. ****** medics are ****** medics.
  3. Deathcapt

Yeah, I'd honestly bring that back. Maybe something like killing someone within 30 seconds of spawning, they're only worth like 10 points or something like that.
    • Up x 3
  4. Maidere

Prolly one of the easiest games I've ever played, dunno what are you talking about.
    • Up x 1
  5. Noshious

This post saddens me very much. Dear OP The point of video games is to have a competitive feel and rewarding skilled players is a feature that should never be punished. Your so called "Meh" players should practice to become better that's the point and if they can't get better than I suggest a different hobby. even if the changes are made that you suggested skilled players will still have more points than any other "meh" players. I would like to make a reference to World of Warcraft, which has sadly become too easy, where the journey is no longer the point of the game but the destination, the fun of the game is the struggle to achieve items or levels and even skill, just because a player doesn't have a high amount of skill does not mean they will not have fun. I have a friend who is terrible at FPS, but he loves this game he still tries and it's just 10 times rewarding when he does get a kill. There are many other ways to achieve Certs too like healing, dropping ammo packs, deploying sunderers, and many others. I was shocked at this title as well "skill to win" I thought this OP can't be serious, but sadly you are. Video games are all about testing your skill just because you are not skilled at earning certs maybe you are skilled in helping your team, the game is not about earning Certs it's about team work and making even a small difference for your faction's favor. You all need to remember this it's not all about KD even if you only revive a few people as medic it helps trust me, so to all you who think you are "meh" players everything you do helps if you're having fun keep playing and if you're not then I'm sorry this is not the game for you.
  6. ikon

you sir win a cookie
  7. Noshious

These are probably the same people who use anti vehicle rockets against infantry and miss 90% of the time."

So you want to make these kinds of people get more certs instead of teaching them how they can be better.
  8. ImGladUmad

I want this game to be succesfull....You do know ppl think this game is pay 2 win , right?
  9. strateUPjanky

all thos actions give a completely ridiculous amount below the 100 exp u get from killing people. i have tried to play thos support roles and i get easly one fith the exp from just running and gunning.
    ammo: 10
    heal: 5
    repair: 5
    max repair: 10 right?
    and u get 2 exp EFFIN 2 exp from someone spawning on your sundy. u go ahead and do that while i get one kill and get the exp you would of gotten in 10 minuet in just 1 second

there is absolutely no way you can argue that kills dont equals loads more exp then support actions. wanna get that air to ground rockets that cost 1000 cirts... and you suck? better start playing you have 300 hours to go
  10. Littleman

Unfortunately, this is mostly true. I just spent my hour of play today focusing more on killing than reviving, and I ended up with ~65 certs after that hour. Support exp is mostly supplemental to killing and capping, I'm finding. If you're running around with just the med gun out, for example, you'll be lucky to see half of what you might earn spending more time with a rifle in your hands and making those shots count, especially if you live long enough to start seeing killstreak exp tacked on top of each kill, and it's not a number to scoff at considering it's additive to the kill, not achieved through some other means.

Mind you, I also got a few facility captures in there too. One base is 6.4 cert points. No wonder people abandon the defense unless it's a good kill farm like a Tech plant or Bio lab. Maybe if defense awarded a set amount of exp for every timed interval, like 250-500 exp for every 10-15 minutes defending an outpost/base actively under assault, people would stick around and be rewarded for holding it.
    • Up x 1
  11. Cl1mh4224rd

Ugh. What constitutes "active assault"? When does it begin and when does it end? Should you get 250 XP for every 15 minutes that some ******* harasses the base by compromising the generators?

The bonus XP per kill/action while on defense is probably the best solution. And in this case, I believe defense begins the moment you capture a region and ends the moment you loose it. It has natural and very well-defined boundaries.
  12. Smatchimo

Your post tried to give me epilepsy, so -1.

Also, this game has a huge safety net. It's called following the zerg. If you are new, and not doing this to a) learn what the **** to do or b) leech a HUGE amount of certs just by being present and (GASP) supporting! then you are doing it wrong, and really deserve no certs, and to spend your time ******** on forums.

Cert gain is not broken, but the prices could use more tweaking. Base defense could be looked at, and I think cont lock let alone THREE cont lock should be more rewarding.

Edit: The xp based on Rank is a good idea. level one worth 10exp and going up from there. to a max of 100 for level 10s and up. I dont know about you but it took me until about level 16 until I felt REALLY comfortable wtih a game I'd never played before and how bases worked, and I'm still learning.
  13. foesjoe

They've already included tons of stuff to decrease the importance of fps skills in this game, like MBTs and ESFs.

Heck, their entire fps mechanics are designed to decrease the importance of your fps skill.

1. You can't strafe and jump freely.
    2. You can't hip fire accurately.
    3. You move very slowly in general.
    4. You need to use iron sights to hit anything further than 10 metres away.
    5. You get punished for moving around while firing.

It's all about people standing still shooting at other people standing still. There really isn't that much skill involved in that.
  14. Seph Kurai

There is really no reason to cap bases, or even take control of a continent. Everyone should just agree to a no cap and meet in the center of the map for a giant tdm. Who cares about the 10% discount especially when you already control most of the continent. The only thing that matters is cert points and you get more for consecutive kills then anything else.
  15. Smatchimo

They need diminishing returns on kills in a hex maybe. that would get people out of Crown and any other stalemates.
    The only thing you said that was true.
  16. ImGladUmad

WTF?

You can strafe/Hipfire fine......In case u havnt noticed,hipfire rules in close quarter combat...This game rewards twitch gaming a lot.

If you think is all about standing still and shoot...Then you are playing wrong lol.
  17. Canaris

Thanks but no, this is Planetside not Hello Kitty Island adventure, nut up or shut up
  18. foesjoe

Yeah, in close quarters, which is what I said. Everything further than ten metres away and your hipfiring loses accuracy and you have to use iron sights.
  19. Achmed20

me too but what i dont want is a bunch of jerks who start whining even if they get something completly for free.
    thats like giving some1 water who is dieing from thirst, and then he starts blaming you cause it doesnt taste well.
  20. Hoppy17

Erm that's how guns work?