Game world starts flickering in and out of existance, and within a minute it freezes (no error)

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Jack the Smack, Nov 23, 2012.

1. GroundPounder

Never seen it happen either until last night on Connery and exactly what everyone else was describing.
  2. _p1_

same here a couple times
  3. NewLexican

When this happens to me, I drop my terrain detail from medium to low and the problem most often resolves itself... for a time. Not sure how this outcome would fit in with a camera matrix theory.
  4. Infinity24k

To have a detail change active you must have to quit the game and then relog.
    I think relogging solves the problem anyway so you dont need to change your graphic options.
    But even relogging is more like a work-around than a "real" solution.
  5. dieMaus

Relogging helps yes. Any official statement to this? Never had this issiue @beta, and this is something that makes me wonder...
  6. HappyZaps

This issue is being reported by many people across many threads. We've already had the generic "you must be overheating" response, but it's not that. My system temperatures are fine. I've also seen this firsthand on wildly different machines; one older quad-core/Nvidia/Vista rig and my own i7/ATI/Win7 machine. Same exact problem, not related to temperature.
  7. donvincenzoo

same problem here !!!!!!! and all my friends have it too but randomly and not all together ok .

all bios and drivers up to date check . fresh reinstall of all computer try .
    same problem with a 8800gt or 7970 vtx3d x-edition

mb m3a32-mvp deluxe wifi-edition
    4gb g-skill ram extreme
    ssd sandisk extreme
    w7 os
    watercooler h2o 620 refresh(check °c = no problem= very cold)
    alim 600w gold cx600(corsair-check and verify if any problem)
    memtest do without problem.
  8. Xyeth

I'm suffering from this same issue. Typically my lag never quits and I have to end the program via task manager. Specs are in my signature.
  9. SilentStrike

I think it may be a server issue guys, I am by no means an expert lol, but i played on helios for 15 hours strait with no problem, been playing on jaeger for the last 3 days no problem, just started a new character on soltech and got this same problem within 45 mins rofl went back to jaeger....nothing
  10. Foxiol

Same happened to me once yesterday. It was horrible. (Check RedCat´s Video at first page)
  11. HappyZaps

** edited out, didn't see the post that said they were aware of it and working on it.
  12. DeadAlive99

Happened to me on Connery earlier tonight, flickering just like the video on the 1st page, and also the huge stalls. Each stall lasts about 10 seconds for me, and the 3rd one was permanent; just locked up, never completely crashed.
  13. DrMcCleod

In that case, why do some of the graphics (smoke, explosions etc) still render in the correct place, are they rendered using a different camera object than the landscape render uses?
  14. SilentStrike

if that is the case, like i said, its got to be a server side bug and not in the game itself, at least on my end lol
  15. FireBelcher

Any update on this bug? It's still occurring.. and really sucks when it interrupts a great run with a squad...
  16. Xonezs

Still getting the same bug here too. I'm running a GTX680, i7-3930k with Intel's self contained liquid cooler, 16gigs DDR3 ( Quad Channel ), using two 1 TB HD's in raid zero. I've checked the temps, all fine. Not to sure what causes it.
  17. SarahM

Me too, happens about once per day for me.
  18. Jesus669

I run into this bug a lot when I go from an empty area directly into an area where there are suddenly 100+ players. Most times the issue goes away if I'm able to find the line I crossed right after it starts and go back to the other side of it. You should then be able to go back into the busy area when you notice the bug is gone and your frame rates come back up from 5 to 20 plus.

On a positive note, it doesn't take 5 minutes to resolve itself anymore. I think it goes back to normal after standing still for 30 seconds some times. Unfortunately it still can take a long time or require a relog. :(
  19. SmegmaSingles

Still happening.