Difference between Medical Kit and Restoration Kit?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DeadAlive99, Nov 24, 2012.

1. DeadAlive99

Cert descriptions still need a lot of work, and the wiki's aren't much help on some of this stuff.

The best that I can tell from descriptions, the MK seems to work "quickly", at least that is the term used on various sites, and the RK seems to work "over time". But, that doesn't tell me squat, doesn't explain the price difference, or help me decide at all which one to buy.

I'm one of those people who won't be raking in a ton of certs, so I need to be choosy in how I spend them. So, can someone explain in detail the differences between these two, and which one you prefer?
  2. XaTriX

MK cost 25-30 resources more and is instant.

That's the only difference
  3. ImGladUmad

Restoration kit only takes like 3 seconds to get like 80% of health.......I say restoration does a good job.
  4. Antivide

I'm under the assumption that the Restoration kit heals over time and heals more overall but the Health Kit restores health instantly.

If not then I'm going to be extremely angry for buying the restorations over the health kits.
  5. DeadAlive99

Hmm, so how much time delay is their with the restoration kit? Would you say it's better to just save up the extra cp's and get the MK instead of the RK, or maybe the RK is better for support personnel in the back field who aren't engaging in CQC while those on the front lines and CQC need that instant fix? Does that sound practical?
  6. XaTriX

MK is a full instant heal.
  7. VKhaun

The cheaper restoration kit is a safe and worthwhile purchase. You pull it out like a weapon and click to use it on yourself. It's a decent heal (Around 70%?) that takes about two seconds to complete, but during that time you're waiting for your shields to come back up before you come out from cover anyway.

I have not used the more expensive instant one, even in beta, because I was always told it was useless since you have to pull it out like a weapon to use it just like the resto kit and that negates the whole point of it being instant. Every conversation I saw about it ended with people agreeing that it needed something added. Maybe it should start your shield recharging instantly, or fully recharge your 'special' meter if your class has one, or maybe overcharge you past max HP a little. It doesn't look like SoE added anything for live though.
  8. DeadAlive99

I would hope there's more of a difference like you describe. The way the wiki's describe them, it almost doesn't seem worth the extra cp's for the MK unless you've got tons to blow.
  9. XaTriX

Basically the MK is flat out better. But it cost more. I guess you theoreticly pop a resto before a firefight and have a short regen during the fight, but it's not a very viable tactic.

So in my opinion. If you are flooded with infantry resource like me, you get the MK. Stock it up whenever possible.

If you are spamming nades from spawn and are constantly running out of resources you get the resto kit.
  10. xD4rkFire

The health kit restores all your health instantly. (instantly brought me to full as a heavy assault w/ 2 bars of health)
    The restoration kit heals over time and doesn't heal all of your health (used it pretty extensively during beta, but haven't gotten to try it post-release)
  11. DeadAlive99

Ok, thanks guys, that helps a lot. So, if you've got the certs to spare, then MK's are better, but, you have to factor in the resource cost with your play style, so if you're hard on the resources, then RK's might be a better balance.
  12. Trysaeder

Medkits restore more health instantly and they cost 20 more certs at level one, but 50 fewer certs at level 3. Level 3 (and 4) Medkits are cheaper than Level 3 Restoration kits since they are 50+100+150, instead of 30+100+200.
  13. Antivide

God damnit. Good thing I only spend my certs on the level 1 Restoration kit.

I'd say you get better reward for investment with the Health kits.
  14. George_C_Scott

Does the MK take up the engineer ammo supply slot?
  15. Antivide

Not really. To switch between ammo box and the ACE kit you use the "switch fire mode" button. Using a utility item like a health kit with simply make it so that you have to use the firemode button.
    • Up x 2
  16. George_C_Scott

Thanks for the answer, perfect.
  17. Trysaeder

*Technically* it does, as you lose one of your manageable ammo pellets. You normally can have 2 boxes out at a time, but equipping the med kits reduces that to one which decreases your XP ticks per minute greatly.
  18. DeadAlive99

Ok, I need some more help with this:
    First off, I have never been able to have two ammo packs out at once. When I deploy the 2nd one, the first one disappears. So, how do you keep two out at once? I looked through the Engy's certs and can't find anything that would allow two at once.

Second, my loadout only allows one item type to be stocked at a time. I've tried using the 'switch fire' button while holding the ammo pack, and it does not switch to the RK, nor vice versa. So, how exactly is your loadout setup so that using the 'fire mode' button will toggle between them on the fly?
  19. Kayos

You pull out your turret and then click B to switch to your ammo pack.