World stops rendering, flashing skybox, high seizure risk.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Shadestrike, Nov 21, 2012.

1. ABPositive

Same problem here. World diappears (except few objects), then after some on / off, the screen freezes for a couple of seconds, then back to flickering. Played the beta extensively and never had this. This just started 30 minutes ago.
  2. Dreadmoth

I ran into this problem a few times in beta - the first few times it happened it would eventually go away by itself or after logging out, but in the final week of beta the problem was far worse: along with the world becoming invisible my FPS would drop to <5, and the game would eventually crash.

Haven't encountered this issue in the launch version of the game yet.. though that's not saying much as I've only played for about 5 minutes total (Briggs :()

Not an overheating issue - I monitored my hardware temps as I was playing: GPU reached a maximum of 62°C, CPU a maximum of
    55°C.
  3. Copasetic

This is an old bug that keeps on coming back. It's usually something in the world that causes it during intense battles and it will stop if you run far enough away from where you first encountered it. I wouldn't want to be the guy in charge of tracking this one down though.
  4. Kayos

I wish a dev would comment saying they are aware of the problem :) lol
  5. Chauma

I dont know if anything of value has been written from SOC but i read a first answer about it being overheating.. well that's not the issue.. computer is cold as ice and pretty much everyone from the outfit etc has encountered and still encounter same issue so it's game-related not anyones individual computer.
  6. InfraRedPS

Yep same here, got it in beta a long time ago but it's back with vengeance! I haven't pinned it down to any particular in-game action, but I messed around with the render quality bar, and the overall quality setting and eventually it stopped. Then it comes back again later.
  7. TSR-JoshuaM Customer Service

We're looking in to many possibilities on how this happens, many of them have been fixed as well. As for those who havent found a solution, go ahead and post your GPU and CPU temps at the time of the crash. You need a utility with logging so you can keep it running in the background.

If you tab out while the issue is occurring to check your temps, the game is not being processed anymore so the temps will normalize very quickly and the test will be inconclusive.

Again, just ruling it out for those who are still experiencing it.
  8. _CLU_

Just the same as me. Add to this that I had sometimes the PhysX error crash.
  9. G1n

noticed this happening when you enter high pop battles. No it is not the temperatures, if you alt tab from the game with temp meter on, you will see the correct temp that was recorded like a second ago, so the whole "the game is not processed" when you alt tab is stupid.

When you alt tab you will see your current temp as well as a graph of your temp throughout, the temp will only drop if you alt tab for a some minutes and then look at the reader.
  10. TheJackofAll

11. Northman

I can tell you whats wrong.. Its whats always wrong...

Problem Event Name:APPCRASH
    Application Name: PlanetSide2.exe
    Application Version:0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp:50ab960e
    Fault Module Name: PhysX3Common_x86.dll
    Fault Module Version:3.2.0.1
    Fault Module Timestamp:50a3e41d
    Exception Code:c0000005
    Exception Offset:00042224
    OS Version:6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID:1044
    Additional Information 1:0a9e
    Additional Information 2:0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3:0a9e
    Additional Information 4:0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Secondary crash problem (not so ofthen as the culprit PhysX)
    Problem Event Name:BEX
    Application Name: PlanetSide2.exe
    Application Version:0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp:50ad1cd4
    Fault Module Name:StackHash_0a9e
    Fault Module Version:0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp:00000000
    Exception Offset:7fffffff
    Exception Code:c0000005
    Exception Data:00000008
    OS Version:6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID:1044
    Additional Information 1:0a9e
    Additional Information 2:0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3:0a9e
    Additional Information 4:0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  12. _CLU_

Yes Northman, that is . Definitely not a temperature problem at least for me.
  13. ChipMHazard

I've had this happen to me once. No problem with my temps as my GPU was only about 42 and CPU maxes out at about 46-8.
  14. Volantiz

Apparently from a quick google search Fault Module Name:StackHash_0a9e can be traced to the power supply not able to keep up with whatever's going on atm. I suspect the graphic glitch has nothing to do with the power supply but I know that since my upgrade to Win 8 my USB ports aren't able to charge my periphials, so maybe its related in regards to how much the graphics card can draw upon? Saying that I have no trouble with other games released in the last 12 months. (Granted Northmans PSU is 750w)
  15. sirromrm

I had this happen a few times today on Esamir. Strangely my tank gunner had the same problem at pretty much the exact same place at the same time.

This along side the freezes and crashes which i need to alt tab to fix are getting a bit annoying.

Especially since the beta client stability was pretty much flawless.
  16. Volantiz

Its been ok for me on Tuesday only happening once, granted the Miller server was up for 3 and a half minutes ;), but I had the glitches more or less through out today since Miller came back on.
  17. Vortigon

Actually - and as most of us know - it sounds exactly like the flickering bug that's been in and out of the game since Alpha and is a server side issue. I will bet £50 the guy plays on a EU server - namely miller... anyone wanna take that bet?

A lot of short memories around here recently.
  18. Pikachew

I think i encountered what the OP is describing. I managed to catch some footage and made my own thread before seeing this one.
    Is this what you are describing OP?
  19. Xenocide

I'd like to say, i was thinking that too at first but today, i was playing with 3 of my friends (different locations, different PC's etc.) we all started flickering and huge fps drops (like 2-3 fps) at the same time. I started flickering first, after 5 seconds my friend and another 5 seconds other one. We were in a big battle.

This flickering thing were happening in beta too but very rarely. I played 2-3 months in beta, happened me twice. Playing release for 2 days (actually 5-6 hours in total), happened 5-6 times.

Flickering and huge lag spikes (like everyone in the battle is teleporting everywhere) are the main problems for now. They make game unplayable.
  20. Northman

Youre correct, its a 750W PSU.. then again the load on my GPU and CPU is negliable in this game.. Doesent even break a sweat when it comes to load.