Guns bought with STATION cash should be available across all character on STATION account.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BrandoTIP, Nov 20, 2012.

1. RottenGroinArea

You are obviously a child.
    I never said "sue" or "arrest" or anything like that.

It does not seem to concern you, at all, so why are you commenting ?
    (that's a rhetorical question, BTW)

On topic:

I have opened a support ticket regarding this matter and I advise others that feel
    similarly do the same, we should not be denied access to items we pay for.
    • Up x 1
  2. Phasics

Interesting you took my general comment to apply to you.

As for what concerns me, people who are wasting the devs time with pointless tickets about not being able to access the servers when clearly they already know the servers are down...... because the are FIXING THEM :rolleyes:

Here's what normal people do

realise this is day 1 of FREE to play game , relax and when there server are back up you can play again

Demanding access when the server are down for needed fixes is what is childish :rolleyes:
  3. wolfva

Well, I first posted to state an obvious truth that the OP was missing; SOE makes the rules, we don't. All my later posts have been addressing your comments. I have no doubt you sense back peddling; after all, you've yet to actually add anything substantial to the thread, just attacking me for my 'attacking' the OP and misconstruing anything I say to fit a narrative that enabled you to be the 'valiant paladin of justice'. I guess you've finally seen that role isn't fitting your actions atall; so have a good one!

Ordinarily you'd be right. However, in the EULA that you signed you agreed that the items belong to SOE, that they may change at any time without notice or be removed completely, that they weren't transferable, and that server availabilty was not guarenteed. Honestly, read the EULA. I know a lot of people think it's not bindable in court, but that's really up to the Judge to decide, not us, and not the lawyers. As we move further into the digital age, more courts are siding with digital contracts and agreements as binding; and there are far more lawyers today dealing with online contracts then there were just a few years ago.
  4. Kromaxx

Hey all,

I'm stationed in Thailand right now and will be returning state side sometime in the future. I get some free time to junk around in Planetside 2... I bought the Alpha squad thinking that I could buy some weapons for the servers in Oceania (seems I ping better there) then when I move home I could move my character and play with my buddies with all my gear and camo I bought (it didn't say anywhere that i couldn't). This seriously ***** up my day... If its not account based, then i guess I just wasted a ton of money cause i'm not going to be buying the same damn shotgun twice for different servers... when I have one account.

BTW, when I changed moons in doom, i still kept my same shotty. :)

Please change it, or i won't be spending any station cash and telling my friends here to do the same.
  5. blueadept

Well you did call the OP a complainer (in turn calling the supporters in this thread complainers), which supports my original assumption that your useless analogy and EULA talk were to dissuade him from lobbying for purchased item transfers. By your reasoning, if Sony makes the rules, we might as well not speak out about anything that displeases us. Or should we refer to that agreement before we question their decisions? So, uh, yeah. Fanboy or troll. lol
  6. FluffyM

You must be a hoot to be around IRL.
    • Up x 2
  7. Deathcapt

Signed, Once you buy something for your character, if you reroll that same faction on a different server, you should get your gear.

I'm just trying to make the store behave in a way that will allow me to feel comfortable spending all my SC here. It doesn't cost them anything to Give extra access to digital items, there's no way I'm buying the same thing twice, so it's not like it's lost sales. Like, there's no reason to not do it. It's probably more of a technical thing right now.
  8. BrandoTIP

I love all the little fanboys who think their game would be ruined and Sony would make no money. Keep flaming homies lol.

This is not a classic mmo. There is no grind to start gearing at end game. There IS CONSTANT character re-creation, which is totally uninhibited by the fact you can have zero upgrades and still pwn newbs.

By restricting item utility to the character that purchases it, they are incentivizing cert point spending over station cash spending because the majority of people who are in it for the long haul are not going to constantly be buying items with station cash. Cert points are just too easy to attain; especially for someone who plays alot.

Where SOE's majority of station cash purchases will come from is people who first enter the game and start buying items they want to use immediatley. This group of people will not last as long in the community to even buy things in the future. This is displayed in the instant gratification behavior they exhibit. If they have no inherent desire to play the game and achieve upgrades now.. why would they later?

...its really simple economics.. I dont even need my BSBA in business economics to understand it lol
  9. Willshadoe

Because a majority of the posters agreeing have a bandwagon to jump on. Believe me when I say there are just as many that don't agree. We have very strong reasons as to why it's a horrible idea :lack of faction loyalty, decrease in flipping from a losing server to a winning server, makes good sense from a business model perspective, etc.

Please don't confuse the lack of posting from the opposition to mean there is little to none. We'll never convince you to believe any differently and know it won't change due to the rationale, so we try to save our words.
  10. ElementalFiend

Please try not to speak for everyone who doesn't post in this thread, it completely invalidates any point you're trying to make.
    • Up x 1
  11. Willshadoe

Hey...I'll keep that in mind next time.

Thanks for the pointer! What a nice guy.
    • Up x 1
  12. Gortha

I expected the Items i bought in shop to be Account-bound. Not Char/Server-Bound.

I remember that some Dev siad this during beta too... I am really comfused and not amused.
  13. Anethma

I was forced into being a part of a Cent-Ipad. xD
  14. Tatwi

Begged and pleaded multiple times in all the right places for PS2 to have account-centric characters, rather than server-centric characters, but no one from SOE cared enough to reply. It's not like this is a crazy concept - they do this very thing with FreeRealms...
  15. Legaeveth

This is the same layout all MMO's that sell stuff to players does it. Im not sure if they are doing it yet but I know they talked about allowing you to transfer your character to another server you just have to pay for that service.

either learn the basic operations of an MMO or go back to playing small map shooters your choice really.
  16. DonBH

It would be nice if they did this though. We can ask for that.
  17. Blizzzz

that's just great..... i started playing on Miller before it turned into this laggy mess it is now X_x i bought a lot of stuff for my TR heavy from the Alpha squad cash and now im just not able to play the game as im supposed to by paying 40$ to SOE... i would gladly go onto another server like the AU or the other EU server and play there but nope sir im bound to Miller by the items i got there and i cant do anything about it!? that's just not right they at last should allow to transfer your char to another server if you have the same problems as i do (or make it possible to use the cash items account wide)
  18. FightingFirst

Maybe in America but EULA or terms and conditions are not as legally binding over here in the UK. In fact the law tends to favour the consumer especially if it is seen as an onerous condition or the fact that this little point was not clearly explained to the customer at point of purchase which it was not.
    FF
  19. Aenori

I am going to go with NO..

Either make both cert and sation cash weapons account wide or not at all. Because if they do not, the next step will be massive QQers on the forums whining that stationcash grants weapons on all accounts. So they have to make a choice, personally i think the account wide weapons would be a bad idea, unless the price is increased again. And if they increase the price again we will have the same as in the beta that the weapons at the end where to expensive to get with CERT points.

So i am going to say let them stay like this, unless they fundamentally change the way the CERT/station cash works.
    Meaning that:

- Station cash is account wide (like it is now)
    - Cert points are account wide.
    - Weapons bought are account wide, be it with station cash or cert points.

And seeing that i do not expect that to happen.

A far easier fix to this problem is, offer server transfers to subscribers for free. Or otherwise payed for others so people can move their character with all the unlocks around way easier fix.
  20. waxpantz

ya if the currency is across characters then so shoud the tiems