OW - Nexus Season 2 (Announcement Discussion Thread)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Mithril, Oct 25, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freyzez

Mithril When are the team going to fix Exploits ruining the game? banning hole cheater outfits full of ESP software cheaters inside are we gonna watch them on live stream in Outfit wars this year? Also last 5 days in row on Cobalt server flying infantry with all cheats in the book destroying the game for over 10 hours yesterday the 26th, are we gonna prepare to meet those players in outfit wars?
    Please give a proper answer to the cheating sittuation the team wants to host a Competitive match in Planetside when the game is in this state? It just cannot happen!
    • Up x 4
  2. VV4LL3

The MAX non-rez change was from a reddit thread. It did not exist on the official forums -- look how poorly that was received and even implemented since it did not accompany other game balance adjustments, such as the one-shot C4 kill, or pointblank antitank rocket that does no splash damage to the heavy but nukes the MAX....
    • Up x 1
  3. CaudillAvenger

I'm not sure there are enough outfits left in the game that can field 48 players at the same time. I'm not trying to be a wet blanket, but I think this is a very misguided priority, given the state of the game.

My wish list includes bug fixes and quality-of-life for general PS2 stuff, not more of something else. I don't want to play Counterstrike 2. I want to play Planetside 2.
    - I want friends lists that refresh, as well as squad spawns.
    - I want engineer deployables that don't get blocked by a blade of grass.
    - I would like the flag bases removed or modified (1 minute repo timers and half the number of flags for a quick fix).
    - Please fix the "no deploy zone" construction bug.
    - Merge the chats between when I am dead of alive and let me right click chat names and select text while dead.

Stuff like this would go a lot further, I think, in retaining existing players and maybe bringing back old players. The game is a mess and everyone knows it. It's time to just own up to it and do the tough, ugly work of fixing the cracks. Then, you can get back to the fun, exciting stuff like adding a new feature, new vehicle, base redesigns, map changes, etc.

Everyone just wants Planetside 2, not "MLG competitive gaming". It's an MMO, not a team-based shooter. It's time to just accept that and be the best MMO-FPS ever, not just another copy of everything else.
    • Up x 3
  4. Effect

I'm going to say this as someone who has enjoyed playing in Outfit Wars flaws and all.

You should seriously consider moving Outfit wars to Q1 2024 with matches on the Weekend. Nov/Dec is just not a good time frame because of the back to back holidays. This also gives outfits time to recruit players, currently outfits are having to scramble hard to get more than 48 players (because subs are a requirement). You should also seriously consider merging Emerald and Connery at least, this would provide a (temporary) boost in population for both the server and for the outfit war itself.
    • Up x 1
  5. Effect

It was only poorly received because they decreased the cost of maxes for no reason.
    • Up x 1
  6. BattleWarriorZ5

The players interested in OW are also interested in knowing about the Roadmap, Anniversary, Server Mergers, Game Direction, and Content Updates.

The reason why OW isn't being well received is because nothing else was mentioned or included with it to give the rest of the PS2 community and PS2 players who are not going to be involved in OW something to look forward to about PS2.

Look at what the PS2 community is collectively saying and asking:

1) https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/17it7ho/what_is_happening_now_to_the_planetside_2/

2) https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/17j2eq8/planetside_2_is_****ed_like_it_wasnt_already/

3) https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside...erts_will_not_be_supporting_outfit_wars_this/

• Up x 1
  7. Larington

Logged in properly for the first time since OW was announced and had time to sink in and...

Oh no.

Some of the worst, most frustrating forms of play are making another return like it did with the previous outfit wars. I'm worried a lot of the more casual players are going to be returning to Planetside 2 to escape the return of North Hemisphere winter and are going to log in to the kind of play that aims to suck the fun out of playing for its opponents. Already seeing the sort of ESF play that makes me log off or else live in a Skyguard, and that's just after OW has been announced.

So, has Planetside 3 pre-production started yet? When it finally happens I want to be hammering the message home that the game needs to be friendly to casual players (And quite frankly, people like me who are slowly turning into old farts who can't instantly land all headshots), none of this 'heavy assault shield is flicked on and *demands* the opponent land headshots to win' or 'Infiltrators with sniper rifles that can kill you before you see them decloak on your screen'... Etc.
  8. BlopTheBlam

very few outfits with enough ACTIVE players... just look at the server pop rates, your talking an avg of 5? outfits that could participate, if there where only 5 during most hours, on emerald, the most populous i know of

and yea, last time it took like 4-5months of dev's time, and was very buggy, and had whole outfits get dc'd mid fight....

this game is amazing, we just want it to shine, and even camikaze78, who was mentioned, has stated some concerns with the playerbase count/ dev focus
    • Up x 2
  9. BlopTheBlam

side note: the holiday's tend to be family oriented, and many players here, have families, so may not be able to schedule play time for outfit wars
    • Up x 2
  10. Mithril Community Manager

Thank you everyone for your comments. We acknowledge your thoughts around the timing of outfit wars as well as the concern over low player population. I will leave the next news post open for discussion but will be closing this one in the meantime.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.