List something for the roadmap that everyone wants. Is for new players & vets.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AuricStarSand, May 14, 2023.

1. AuricStarSand

With the silo roadmap it's obvious not everyone is going to be thrilled. So the next phase of roadmaps should be something that everyone knows is going to pan out right. Before they start.

So what idea benefits new players & vets?
    List them.

please don't list something, you just want to see that only vets want & won't give new players auto features.
    The only 3 rules to list:

1) has to benefit both parties. vets and the new.
    2) has to be something 3 out of 4 players may want
    3) has to be something that won't be a gamble aka isn't oshur's results

Example:

Fortification update: Maybe for Ant vets. However requires more teamwork, so for Outfits instead of solo ant vets. & maybe new players get to experience besieging, yet not really for them either. Since most new players are medics & light assault.

Oshur update: Is for new players & vets. Yet wasn't well received so 80% enjoy the map & 20% do not.

Arsenal update: Is good for everyone longterm. However not short term. As new players won't afford the new items for many months.
    New Player Experience update: Supports new players & not vets.

Shattered Warpgate: Infantry Jungles were favored. Empty Snow lands for ant's were not.

Bastion update: Mostly just benefits Outfit leaders & nobody else. Besides visuals for everyone.

I suggested Map Improvements for a roadmap. However that's more of a vet request than a new player request. Even if new players would appreciate better map battle flow, I'd still consider this a vet request. So isn't valid for this list & should maybe be postponed till after a new update that gives to both parties: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/roadmap-after-silos-maps-amp-stations-techs-are-some-of-the-most-ignored-regions.261070/
  2. AuricStarSand

My first & only real new suggestion, that follows the 3 rules:

1) Land Vehicles.

New land vehicles pulled from the regular vehicle terminal. Used by all factions.

Jeep: [IMG]

Mini troop transport 4 seat vehicle. Gives those on board 50% more infantry hp. Has no vehicle guns. Encourages Heavy Assault uses for hit & runs. Allows HA ability to be used while sitting.

Truck:[IMG]
    [IMG]

Transport truck. More fun to use for troop transport than a sunderer is. Slower than the jeep, yet allows for 8 infantry to shoot out of. & has a mini side wall that the jeep doesn't have. No roof. Gives those on board 30% more infantry hp. Also no AV guns & relies on HA AV launchers or engi mines for av defense. Drives similar to a Halo Warthog. Without the machine gun.

Maybe even allow these transport trucks to do minor dmg if their infantry shoot rifles at enemy vehicles, the same way the godsaw does dmg to tanks. Just maybe, yet I wouldn't make them tank killers with infantry rifles, just minor dmg less then 20% of the guns usual dps verse vehicles. If not, still the game doesn't have fun versions of infantry transport verse enemy infantry at least.

As for NSO Tanks having rumble seats, those are useless the tank is so slow & nobody uses those seats, less you want to get sniped sitting. So delete rumble seats from NSO tanks & give NSO tanks 6% more hp.

Hummer:[IMG]

A variant to the Harasser, drives 30% slower than the harasser. Yet has 30% more hp than harasser and improved hill climbing.

I'd then buff the original Harassers speed by 10%, seeing as most harassers don't reach killstreaks verse enemy vehicles that often since rumble repair seats were taken away. & so the Hummers speed doesn't have to be so low, to be referred to as the slower variant beefy harasser version.
  3. AuricStarSand

2) Attack Helicopters for infantry

[IMG]

Extremely Beefy HP infantry shootout helicopters. Either give valks a new mode spec or make a new helicopter. Regular Valks are used for some A2g & mostly for troop transport. What helicopter is used just for infantry to shoot below them? The valk isn't. Thus this idea.

If valks slow down & just try to let infantry boarding the valk, shoot below, the valk will get tank shelled out of the sky or hunted by esf's. Then they'll have to maneuver and give everyone on board flight sickness sea sickness. Till the valk crashes into a tower trying to & failing to escape the esf.

Then if you make a Valk Beefy HP wise & keep valk's nose A2G guns, then they'll be too strong for A2G.

So the solution, is to have a new valk mode spec or new helicopter type. That has 100% more hp than a valk has, is able to slow down and hover without having to dodge esf's or tank shells. Is able to soak up a good amount of tank shells & is able to soak a good amount of troll esf's shooting the helicopter. Which allows infantry to shoot from the helicopter below at other infantry.

For these helicopters I wouldn't allow mines or c4 to be equipped or dropped. (just have the ui say the helicopter is too heavy for these items to board). As we don't want infantry leaving the valk mid flight to c4 or mine either.
    Since they'd turn into sunderer killers.

I'd remove the allowance of the Valks A2G too for this mode. So no A2G nose gun. All that is allowed are RIFLES for infantry to use verse other enemy infantry on the ground below. So A2G with rifles & HA launchers only.

& yes the valk has to hover without having to dodge tank shells & esf trolls. So has to have a lot of hp, well the right resistances. I'd give this valk mode major resistance verse tanks shells & esf's, medium resistance to flak turrets & flak max's, & minor resistance verse HA launchers & regular infantry rifle fire.

Essentially this is a helicopter with infantry aboard vs infantry on the ground, with no a2g nose gun. & very slow hover so doesn't have to give those aboard sea sickness trying to dodge anything. Anything that'll ruin air infantry verse ground infantry, gets resistance toward.

The infantry aboard have 50% more hp so they don't get sniped too easily. We don't want to valk pilot having to pick up new passengers too too often. The main weakness to this attack helicopter mode, isn't that the passengers die, it's that the valk dies from rifle fire & ground HA launchers eventually. After the passangers on board get 4 to 6 kills each per run. Which is fair since having to repull and pick up passengers takes time.

[IMG]
  4. AuricStarSand

3) Nature fights for soldiers

[IMG]
    [IMG]

These environments aren't for ant's, they are for infantry. In the same way that Pommel Gardens & Moss Ravine aren't empty plots of land for ant's, they were environments built for infantry. With spawn rooms outside. Same for the Stone Bridge of TI is for infantry & not for ant's. Environments specifically for soldiers.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Rivers. Similar to the river below the Bastion base of Amerish. More rivers & ponds.

[IMG]

Tall Grass
    PS2 has few bushes.
    Have tall grass too.

[IMG]
  5. AuricStarSand

Examples of some successful nature bases:

Moss Ravine
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Chimney Rock
    [IMG]

Pommel Gardens
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Shrouded Skyway (revert to point hold)
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Hunters Blind (revert to point hold & requires better links & roads so outfits won't ignore the path)
    [IMG]
  6. AuricStarSand

Koltyr:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Suggest make Koltyr x3 larger & delete the mid & right towers, keep the west tower. or maybe delete all the towers & just keep the western B warehouse building. Then turn Kolytr that's x3 expanded of a map, to terraform to the official forest jungle infantry battle map with multple jungles, forests, rivers, lakes, and 8 rock bridges. Plus boulder maze bases.

A Map that has all the elements and aspects of every photo listed for this thread.
    As making a new map was never the issue for Oshur, everyone is entertained by the idea of a new map. They just didn't buy the whole narrow one way lane islands and hard to reach underwater fights.

Yet if you build a medium size map (smaller than the other maps, yet bigger than Koltyr is right now) you'd have a successful new map, that's nature based. Without having to limit the new nature designed regions to outter banks of other maps. To have a single official medium sized new map you're able to go to town with, that doesn't have water to worry about, & is a entire boulder & tree designed land realm. For elven fans.

Stone Bridge:
    [IMG]

Simple. It's what the players want. They miss TI. See poll link: https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/12iuc9b/indar_restoring_the_ti_alloyscrown_stone_arch/

Oshur purple trees:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

" Where's the purple trees mon? "
    Edit: Also meant to say 80% don't enjoy oshur & 20% do. For the first post.
    Purple trees don't have to be for Oshur, any map works.

Bushes:
    [IMG]

What region goes to town with bushes. 40 bushes for one region? Zero regions. Every region has not enough bushes. For this photo here's a bush so tall it hides a Vanguard.
  7. AuricStarSand

Lastly Shattered Warpgate Jungles:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Honestly I'm more excited to see these shattered warpgate jungles be given to a new medium sized map, than I am seeing them return to the right side of Esamir. A new medium sized map with many rock bridges, forests, jungles, trenches, glowy plants, boulder maze base designs. & Lets not forget MOUNTAINS for infantry to explore with A points ontop of the mountains.

Be it Koltyr or a new medium size land map that's stretches farther than Kolytr has. Is way more exciting than seeing a few jungles being thrown at the sides of a old map that nobody ventures to that often. & of course Oshur is too narrow of islands to fully enjoy the 4 football fields worth of mountains, jungles, & river forests that would be required for a nature based infantry map.

Here's a reminder that the best parts of the Shattered Warpgate, wasn't the campaign, wasn't the empty snow fields for ant's, it was jungle fights. & the other other feature I found brilliant from SW was using a tool to thaw out frozen vehicles. Finding abandoned vehicles was ok.

Remember. The battle flow matters. The battle flow is everything.

Imagine a new medium environment land map. With very few door to door fights. Zero towers. & isn't made for ant's, mostly made for infanty. Forest spawn rooms. With mountains surrounding a jungle. A points on top of the mountain ledge. Infantry fighting around unique mountain valleys & hills.

Eight stone bridges hanging over the jungles. Infantry fighting above at the stone bridges, infantry fighting below at the forest. Random jumpads you find in the dense forests. Some jumpads fly you slowly over other infantry and are for shooting other infantry mid air and not just for reaching a destination. & other jumpads get you to the outskirt mountains & stone bridges above.

Trenches. Glowly plants. Purple trees. A river surrounding the jungle. Ponds that hide infantry when sitting. lil treehuts for snipers. Bushes taller than infantry. Broken down warehouses with tons of boxes, surrounded by some boulder maze base. With some open paths for vehicles to venture the forest, the mountain hills, & the outskirts of the jungle's tall grass fields.

P.s. Free to share your opinions on features that are for vets & new players. For the next roadmap. You don't have to have photos or detailed explanations. Short phrases, just stick to the 3 rules posted with the first post. I wrote a lot, since this is my last thread for awhile.

Example: " More Merit Items pls "
  8. OSruinedPS1

A start over, Planetside 3, this game is too screwed with feature bloat.

And the first thing I want from Planetside 3 is no custom skins and stupid emotes. Clown suits are for MMORPG's, not team play FPS games.
    • Up x 1
  9. JibbaJabba

Two things. And I think we can ALL agree on this.

1. Remove case sensitivity from console commands. "/friend add blahblah" should work same as "/FRIEND ADD blahblah."
    2. Make the friends checkbox at the top of the squad browser functional. It hasn't worked in 10 years.
  10. AuricStarSand

Yes we all would want PS3. However what is PS3 really good for?

It's not graphics, PS2 when released already had PhsX. I found PhsX prettier than Modern Warzone 2's graphics. Just see a video of a Lasher shooting plasma with Phyx, while Indar sand gets hit. & that didn't hold retention? Even without PhyX PS2 has the same level of graphics that Halo Infinite has & stands toe to toe with all the battle royals games graphics. Funnily enough Camikazee78 is testing Battlebit so maybe features are worth more than graphics.

PS3 for features? Would take PS3 at least 2 years or so to have as many guns, maps, and other features that PS2 has. They'd probably start PS3 with 2 maps, 3 at most. Less guns. No construction system. Less everything.

So the only thing PS3 is going to have at launch over PS2 is gravity to their gun fire bursts and better 1vs1 infantry movement angles for duels. & yes that would help bring some streamers to the scene that Planetside desperately wants. However if they don't have a marketing plan & just rely on the launch hype & update trailers, then PS3 may end up exactly where PS2 is. If they don't retain those streamer trends. Still if Dr DisRespect sponsored PS3 that is something. & may pay out.

For the funds to make PS3, they'd be able to add 20 expansions to PS2. Just PS2 is tougher to sell.
    Personally PS2 means I don't have to buy a expensive new desktop. PS2 means 600$ to 800$ laptops are able to play PS2. While PS3 requires 1,300$+ laptop.

I don't agree with feature bloat, more the merrier. Path of Exile is a 10 year old game & adds new features every 3 months per league. They are then making POE 2 which essentially is POE 1, not a new engine, just a expansion to the first. So theirs eventually adding even more features to the original POE 1. They have a chinese mega sponsorer. & more yt review videos.

The only reason people want PS3 so soon, is because it's tougher to market than Path of Exile is. If it had similar amounts of players, they'd be fine without mentioning PS3. They still should try to attain some 2023 400k viewed YT reviews for PS2, before they switch to PS3 sponsoring requests.

As for emotes? Voice emotes? I'm a fan of voice emotes, wish their was more " Good Shot ", " Follow me ", & others.
    This is a free MMO, I spent more money on skins for harasser, sunderer, and Infil suits, than I ever spent on a battle pass or buying guns from bundle boxes.

The MMO lvl exp aspect does bring over some people from the fantasy pvp scene, who normally wouldn't main a fps game. I'm one of them. A fantasy rp pvper. I'd even wager for PS3 better quest developments to fight npc monsters during a 48vs48. Tho campaigns were a gamble that didn't pay off, so I wouldn't suggest anymore quests for PS2. Still theirs a chance the gamble would pay off for PS3 quests.

As for other fps games. Would people ask for a Halo Infinite multiplayer 2 if the first kept adding features? Is Valorant 2 a thing? MMA fighters Max Holloway plays Apex Legends which is a worst game that just had a expansion. MMA fighter Mighty Mouse plays Tarkov which is for sure a worst game too.

I hear the base launch for PS2 didn't even take that long to build, not that many months for SOE.
    So maybe with the right sponser ps3 gets built fast. If they rush the design tho, you don't want what happened to the rushed failure that is Overwatch 2.

For now I'll just be excited for a new PS2 medium jungle boulder river forest map hopefully. Koltyr 2.0.
  11. OneShadowWarrior

This would have been a more exciting roadmap.
    • Up x 2
  12. Aris12

1. Fire Wrel. No debating this one.
    2. Hossin and Oshur to immediately start their alert timers irrespective of their population. No debating this one.
    3. Fix, and reintroduce debris. No debating this one.
    4. Ground vehicles no longer take damage when flipped upside down. When that happens, allow players to attempt to un-flip the vehicle. No debating this one.
    5. Remove Lattice system. No debating this one.
    6. Remove the Valkyrie's fins or move them farther aft. They are such an eyesore when I'm in the rumble seat trying to lock-on to stuff. No debating this one.
    7. Power knives to once again 1-shot infantry cyka. Alternatively, refund them. No debating this one.
    8. Lower the # of kills needed to aurax a gun to 1000 (or lower) across all medals. Across all medals it is currently 1160. Chime in please.
    9. Halberd and ALL other tank guns to 1-shot all infantry upon direct hit irrespective of Flak armor. This is annoying AF for tankers and harassers. No debating this one.
    10. Forbid all building over roads (with the possible exception of shielded gates). I'm sick and tired of inept minecraft players blocking roads. Worse, I cannot TK them or their buildings as easily with the current friendly fire mechanics. No debating this one.
    11. Add a "traitor" ASP option so that players with their main account can switch sides anytime whilst keeping the unlocks from their main. Basically, I want to be able to wear Red or Purple and fight alongside TR/VS against NC/VS or NC/TR, respectively and still be able to pull a Vanguard. Chime in please.
    12. Sunderers to have an option where they give up their top guns for firing ports where the infantry can shoot their regular guns from. This should be implemented as a rumble seat so that the bus passengers can be shot at. Players just killed die in and stay in the seat. I want medics seated in adjacent locations to be able to revive these effers while still in the bus. On TR, this is gonna be soo funny when everyone v2's. Chime in please.
    13. Add to Outfit armory a scanner ability (a la Terran Command Center from the StarCraft series) that spots every single vehicle within a radius for at least a full minute. The purpose is to spot zergs so that OS-wielding players can properly nuke their bit(c)Tl-l-@$$&$. Chime in please.
    14. When a facility is in fact zerged, capture speeds accelerate. Zergs naturally avoid each other until they can't. Might as well accelerate the inevitable. So, when a Zerg is uncontested, it gets to capture facilities in a minute, two minutes, or three minutes at most. Let this be the price that faction zergs pay for being too scared to face each other. We got a bunch of pansies in the minecraft community complaining about defensive gameplay. Well, this would give them a lot of defensive gameplay to plan for. Chime in please.
    15. Bastions to no longer feature a hard-point system, now they just have raw health equivalent to 300% (or some high number) of the hitpoints across all hardpoints. A hit, anywhere on its hull deals damage. Repair galaxies can heal it. The idea is to strip air zergs from the priviilige to take a bastion down. And also, for fairness sake. A colossus can be destroyed by the mildest armor squad, yet, it takes a full air zerg to take a bastion out because of the top hardpoints without support. Chime in please.
    16. Delete the current Nanite system and reintroduce the Aerospace/Mechanical/Infantry resource system from back in 2012/2013. These are nanites specifically for pulling aircraft, ground vehicles, and c4/grenade/tank mine/health/MAX spam, respectively. Have the minecraft players build structures that produce the resources for fellow players, that way, they will be useful and hopefully stop blocking roads. I was originally going to propose increasing the nanite count from 750 to 1500, but then I realized that douchebags could put ALL of it towards c4 spam. Chime in please.
    17. All aircraft pilots to have to render in a rumble seat. The cockpit is now transparent and infantry with small arms to be able to hit the pilot directly through the cockpit. This will allow infiltrators to HS aircraft pilots and become skill-based AA, and useful for once. Chime in please.
    18. Infiltrators given an ultimatum: All cloaking (except stalker) removed. You lose cloaking, keep your bolt-action/DMR, and instead of a pistol you get 1000 HP and an SMG. If you want to be a cloaky boy, you can't at the same time have a sniper rifle/DMR, you get a pistol and more grenades? Chime in please.
    19. MAXes reworked: They cost 100 nanites, they have at most 3X the health of a planetman. They get one-shot by decimator, HS from AMR, and ALL main tank guns + halberd. Give them high resistances to C4 and grenades. Grant them immunity to flashbangs and concussion grenades. They regain the ability to be revived. Medics can heal them. The idea is to make MAXes more accessible and serviceable. They remain a mighty infantry opponent and can assist in vehicle fights. However, during the latter, they can't go toe to toe against tanks the way they currently can. AV/AA Maxes are an annoyance to vehicle gameplay as they are soo easy to conceal, yet, they can boast insane firepower. Chime in please.
    20. Light assaults to have to choose between rocklet rifle or c4. Having both makes them OP. Alternatively, they keep both but they get the infiltrator treatment and lose 100 HP. Light Assault is currently powerful in infantry fights and one of the best AV in the game. It is by far overstepping what it possible from a single planetman. Chime in please.
    21. Anti-vehicle grenades nerfed to their last update. They are broken as it is. Essentially, they are almost a direct upgrade to C4. Three (3) AV grenades can seal the fate of a tank (you'll need 4 if you're after a Vanguard dou(c)heb@g like me). Chime in please.
    22. Balance air to ground FFS. This has been an issue since release. Chime in please.
    • Proposition 1: All flak-based AA (G40-ranger, skyguard, Aspis, bursters, and my beloved Masthead) replaced with direct-hit based weapons (a la G-30 Walker style). These weapons must feature higher DPS, but faster projectile velocities than current flak and ZERO (0) cone of fire. Purpose is to make AA skill-based (you're relying on direct hits as opposed to near misses), current AA requires no skill and is very annoying when you're the flyer.
    • Proposition 2: Lock-on's and flares are both buffed and reworked. Flares no longer to be a one-time use every "X" seconds. All aircraft now have, say, a pool of "N" flares. Flares no longer break and forbid lock-on attempts on aircraft for some time. Flares become a lock-on-able object (large enough) that lock-ons attempt to lock to it as opposed to the aircraft. However, lock-ons are free to immediately restart locking to aircraft as soon as flares are out of the way. To survive the lock-ons, aircraft spam their flares as much as they get locked-on to. Any lock that was successful on the aircraft is set in stone. The missile fired from the manpads is set to seek the aircraft irrespective of additionally spammed flares. Aircraft's only recourse is to perform evasive maneuvers. Lock-ons, however, receive buffs to damage (return to 2-shot kills on ESF), missile speed, and lock-on speed, but a slight nerf to their turning.
    • Proposition 3: MBTs and lightnings get an additional secondary weapon, one of the AA guns from proposition 1. Purpose is to eliminate the time-immemorial cheese scenario whereby aircraft just hovers above tank, tank can't shoot back, aircraft gets to shoot at tank. SURE, currently we can avoid this by having a G-40 ranger, but then tanks compromise on their AV capability (by giving up the Halberd) whereas ESF or Liberators don't suffer the same "compromise" when they equip Hornets/Wyrm, or Dalton.
  13. AuricStarSand

Bump for Koltyr 2.0 jungle map. & more forest tree zones.

I know theirs still some fine tuning with silo items for fort update still. However soon after that, yes everyone would want some mountain vista infantry regions, jungle regions, tree regions, lake regions, river infantry battles, ewok designs, boulder bridges, boulder mazes, rainforest jumpads, & other tall grass fields.
  14. OSruinedPS1

A lead designer with a better vision. Someone who instinctively knows how something will play out, how players will behave, before even coding it.

If someone would have told me there would be a new "quest" that gave you free certs if you just spent a few seconds building a silo, I would have told you then the map would be covered with useless silos all over the place blocking real silos from being built. How wouldn't you instinctively know how this is how players would behave? Seriously that's the funniest Planetside thing I read in months.

Reward outfits for capping bases with giant floating battleships and death rays from the skies, these strategic wizards are then going to spend their entire time pop dumping empty hexes and abandoning fights if they meet even the smallest resistance to their caps per minute. ITS WHAT HAPPENED IN PLANETSIDE 1 WITH COMMAND RANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How could you not see this?
  15. -Zlodey-

Heh, its simple:

1. Commander update. New leadership tools, rewards, ranks, progression line, certifications line, directives, achievements. For true leaders, for better teamplay.
    2. Territory control update. New kinds of objectives, new ways to capture/sabotage/cut off/broke support lines. Lattice/hex system overhaul.
    3. Logistics system update. Nanites flow, ways for replenish them. Nanite energy pool for bases. New (old, if we check back PlanetSide 1) lattice lines meaning in keeping faction-controlled bases online. Return of meaning for different facilities for vehicle/air spawn logistics. Tuning down of redeployside - ability to spawn around whole map or right into the squad vehicles. Making use of transport vehicles/air important again. Overhaul of "free" vehicle spawns from construction bases. They should not be free, its should be just another place for spawning infantry, vehicles and air. NOT for free in terms of nanites. Vehicle/air convoys, alongside open field battles and ambushes, should return into the game.
    4. Alliances update, for outfits, that was promised year ago.
    5. Rebuild update. New dev-made bases layouts, with new, updated buildings and decoration models, more cover from vehicles and air, new kinds of closed spaces, without chokepoints everywhere and with enough cover. More bases in empty parts of maps, especially where they get removed in favor of Construction... but in favor of nothing for real.
    6. HD update - all textures should get rewamped, get their HD versions with heightmap/tesselation layers. That could change game's look dramatically without changing all 3D models in the PlanetSide 2, without changing hardware requirements much, while keeping it optional for low spec PC's.

Optional and "revolutionary" (if we forget about PlanetSide 1 again, heh):

Proper inventory and armor system. Ability to loot dead bodies for weapons, ammo and equipment (yes, again, just as it was in 2003, yes, so long time ago).
    Ability to hack vehicles. Yes, again, as it was in the past.
    Proper faction sanctuaries - with lockers, transports, etc.
    Warpgates should get their "warpgate" part in the middle working - with ability to teleport vehicles/air to another continent.
    Black Ops teams - temporary teams of random-chosen between all factions "gray area ops" players, who act as enemy of all main factions in the game, will full choice of all factions weapons, and sabotage behind the lines. Yes, again, like in PS1.

Also, devs, please - quit with Implants gambling already. Current system punishes newbies way too much and not bring much income anyway. Reduce implants crafting to proper levels, remove gambling packs.
    • Up x 1
  16. tigerchips

Nerf vehicles and then add new ones, can see that coming.
  17. -Zlodey-

Forgot about another optional suggestion:

Energy shields in the doorways and energy bridges. Game should use them properly and way more too. Cant make doors like in PlanetSide 1 for some engine/netcode reason? Cant bring back door hacking, like it was in PlanetSide 1? You can use shields instead, with terminals nearby. We even have opaque shields, if transparent shields are problem.
    Not even need to code anything, Containtment sites have shielded doorways already, with destroyable switches.

Just imagine well-thought game and level design with tools this game already have - bases with wide doorways and plenty of cover, with keypoints that not open to the vehicle and a2g spam, with vertical gameplay and staged objectives, where you should hack doors and energy shields, reconstruct spawn tubes to earn new hardspawns in captured parts of the base... or when you should push back attackers by keeeping shields on and energy bridges down, by destroying enemy spawn tubes... until losing side will be completelly obliterated and lose all spawn points, and main control console, or artefact, or generator, whatever - get captured, stolen, destroyed - this is just to be decided by game designer.
    Yep, no spawn camping, please. Lose is lose, even if its happens fast. Pushed back defenders, destroyed their spawntubes, hacked control console (hope some people here remember what is it back at the time) - well done, move to the next base. Game should be not boring campfest.
  18. AuricStarSand

The next update for sure has to be a " Trailer " that new players & vets both enjoy. For sure new players tho. Since Fortification was mostly just for vets, since new players aren't able to afford anything. & even if new players were able to afford Fortification, it'd still isn't a catchy enough new feature to keep them.

So for sure new players have to be impressed. Else PS2 is a dead game eventually. While it still has room for more pop, seeing as the mmorpg & fps scenes haven't been that active since Classic WoW. While Battle Royals are the same format, nothing special either.

So theirs still nothing for PS2 to have to compete for other than it's own attention. While remaining as a steady game.

Tho for sure new players have to be impressed with the next update trailer for PS2 to retain.
    & As I said Fortification was just for vet builders, so wasn't suppose to hold that role.

Also a Arsonal update, aka " new guns " won't really impress new players trailer wise either. Even if Vets are grateful for new attachments and other sorts.

So really the next update trailer has to do with Nanites & not Certs. Which equals " new vehicles from the regular vehicle term " kind of a update. I'd personally favor a Jungle Medium sized new map, Koltyr 2.0 as I've said before, even more than new vehicles. Yet I don't know if a new player would see that as a plus, as much as a vet would.

The simple solution is for the devs to find out what trailer entertains new players & still holds vets interests?
    New players won't care about implants either. So really has to be something as I said that won't cost certs.
    Improves the general gameplay, right from the get go. While having a feature that makes the " video trailer " seem awesome.

So I'd suggest they quickly round out this fortification update, maybe make some walls easily snap together, give some defenders some loot boxes for placing AV mines & some extra manable ground turrets to defend 12vs48's. Then quit updating silos & quickly work on something toward a trailer that new players would see as sweet. For 3 months. Tho since pop is dropping, they really don't have much time. So any update, sure needs to be something that doesn't require many " fixes ". Aka New vehicles, don't really require much editing other than some driving designs from Halo Infinite or something for jeeps, trucks, & hummers.

& A new Kotlyr 2.0 jungle forest style, doesn't require much editing other than to know that people liked the Shattered Warpgate jungles, the rock bridge of Indar, Scarred Mesa's sideways jumppads, & some B warehouse of Kolty. Mixed with some mountain fights specifically for infantry. Rivers & grassfields, then wa la. A infantry themed medium styled map, that doesn't have to worry about if people like water or not, since theirs no oceans & only rivers. & it's a win win. How much editing really? Just rid Koltyr's towers, make the map a tad bigger for some mountain infantry fights. Add a ton of rock bridges & shattered warpgate jungles, & you got a new map easily, without even needing to edit bases that much. You're just editing environments. Moss Ravine, meets Shattered Warpgate vietnam, meets Indar rock bridge, meets rivers streams from Amerish, meets mountain trails Okinawa.

Or simply just tons of trees with random jumpads that halo had that lead to to forest cliff side ledges.

1.5 months to work on shattered warpgate Koltyr 2.0 & 1.5 months to work on 3 new land vehicles. 3 months total time limit. However if they don't have the funds for that, then yes 2 months & 2 months, so 4 months. Tho ye they don't have time to work on any niche implants and mentions only vets wants. As their losing 5 to 10% pop per month right? not sure. Would take a new update trailer that vets are able to tell new players about to stabilize the opposite, which is 10% more pop per month.

yes still possible, seeing as nothing new is out, I mean Diablo 4 is out now, isn't that brilliant tbh. Seems the market has some single players titles, tho I don't see anything mentioned to overshine PS2. Even Blue Protocol sounds as if it's too korean grindy.

Lastly, merge US West with US East & Merge both EU servers too. Since big battles is what sells the game, so 2 mega servers, is better than 2 large servers & 2 medium servers, for player retention & new players.
    Else US West is just gonna slowly lose vets, while not enticing new players enough either. Same goes for EU.
    2 mega succesful servers is better than 2 good servers & 2 so so servers.

Trailer: " Forest tree zone map, with jungle jumpads, hidden boulders, rock bridges, surrounded by rivers. Featuring 3 new land vehicles. "