[Suggestion] Carbines/ARs need an ammo buff to combat HA Shied/LMG, 30-40 bullets ain't enough!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by G.O.A.T, Jul 20, 2021.

1. G.O.A.T

Heavy Assault is the most OP class in the game and one of the biggest reasons why is simply because 30 bullets like most carbines have ain't enough to deal with a heavy with shields on.....They will just zig zag to outlast you because they have enough bullets, and you don't....You gotta be perfect with your shots since you only have around 30...Most lmgs have 100 bullets....They just gotta out last you, it's a very cheap way of losing....They can afford to make mistake because of huge clip size, a carbine/AR can't, thus skill matters much more as carbine/ar user than HA LMG user.

If you think about it, most of the time, in most situations which aren't 1 on 1....If you have a carbine, and you have lets say only 20 bullets in the clip(since you already been shooting), you cant afford to miss anything on a heavy...and lets say you kill the heavy assault, you probably gonna die asap because you won't have bullets.......the disadvantage is so great compared to heavies 100 bullet LMGs, their kill potential is OP (combined with shield lol)

Another plus, is that big ammo clip for carbines will also motivate people to be more aggressive since now they won't run out of bullets...it helps run n gun game play more instead of crappy camping light assault gameplay.

Now Carbines IMO should move up to 40-45 bullets average(depending on damage etc).....ARs could move up to 40-50 average(depending on damage etc)......everything else depends, not sure about the other weapons, but I wouldn't mind ammo buffs for them....As for LMGs, they should stay where they are at or just get a slight and I mean slight ammo buff to the LMGs with 50 bullets(so they go up to 60 now).

Enough is enough, is time to even the playing field......Enough of having heavies win simply because they have more ammo.....Lets reward skill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. JibbaJabba

If I have to 1v1 with a heavy and you give me a choice of: AR, Carbine, or LMG to go at it. I'll choose them in that exact order.

We do not give heavies Carbines or ARs because it would be too powerful. You already have the better gun, you just need to manage your engagements to take advantage of that ridiculously fast reload.

Even the new NSO weapons with 28 rounds in the AR is enough to drop two enemies before a fast reload. Can't be very sloppy though. Aim. And don't waste time burning through his shield. Kill him before it's up. Position or use that mad hipfire and drop him while he's still fumbling with ADS.

You are asking for the opposite here.

A lack of skill is running you out of ammo in your engagements. You want the game changed so you can still get the reward.
    • Up x 5
  3. G.O.A.T

LMFAO...A heavy with shield on LMG will always own a medic....If your facing a heavy, u always choose the heavy.

The heavies beat AR/Carbines in every situation....the only way to beat them clearly is to get the drop on them...that's it....otherwise they have a huge advantage...the Carbine/AR accuracy isn't enough specially in this fast moving game.

"AIM"....BRO yeah that works when you're a camper shooting something that doesn't move...I play run n gun, I actually play the game to have fun...30 bullets ain't enough....Yes u can kill 2 people standing, in the actual gameplay with people moving is way different.....But yeah in your "perfect" camping scenario, it sure is easy lol.

Carbines/ARs aren't powerful enough to beat the shield.....30 bullets is easy as hell of a heavy to simply ZIG ZAG lol.

You talk about skill, yet heavies have a 50-100 bullets, and they never run out of bullets when facing multiple people....they can miss and miss and still destroy people, it' clear that Heavies never had skill to begin with....I get it tho, you must be one of the OP heavies users lol.

I want the game changed so heavies can fight people who don't run out of ammo...but it's clear the heavies are afraid of this, they know they can ZIGZAG a bit and make people run out of ammo quick.
  4. JibbaJabba

I would prefer the shield of the heavy over the heal-over-time of the medic, yes.

1v1 wise though... AR stomps on the LMG.

What are you talking about? Accuracy is king. Every bullet does 2x the damage when it goes where it's supposed to.

I guarantee you I am NOT talking about camping. I'm talking room breaches for example. Pie your 2v1 into a pair of 1v1, aim for the head and you can drop two heavies without needing a reload.

Protip: If you can't seem to keep aim on a Therum shuffle a pause in firing can bait someone out of it.

No, they can miss and get killed by the person that doesn't miss.

Ah here it is. The **** talking. Your point sucks so you're attacking the person. We can make this rude if you want to. Keep in mind you're the guy here asking for more bullets because you can't aim. I'm not.

I certainly do not suck at heavy but wouldn't consider myself a heavy main.

Probably my favorite "just kill people" infantry of choice is an AR equipped Engie that gets the fast shield regen, coupled with survivalist to boost it faster, shotgun secondary, EMP 'nade, and some nanoweave or flak. That AR reloads so fast it gives you just enough time to setup the next clientside peek. :D Wicked. Oh yeah.. and unlimited ammo.

Note something important here: I just mentioned a class that has both an LMG and an AR but I didn't choose the LMG. You need to figure out why I think.

Again, if you didn't miss you wouldn't run out of ammo. I promise you I'm being nice about this: L2P. There isn't a problem here.[/quote]
    • Up x 3
  5. BlackFox

I think they should rework Heavies and Infiltrators in the game, give them special equipment rather than their current ablities - in case of the HA: Taking away the shield and buffing the rocket / missile launchers to be actually effective against vehicles would make them special enough.

And that the weapons ingame have lousy accuracy is no secret - they have random horizontal recoil, CoF mechanics and get very inprecise when moving while shooting at another moving target. That it takes a bit too long to get a kill with body shots (the largest target) doesn't help either.
  6. G.O.A.T

[/quote]

HA rule the game, specially 1 vs 1 wise...sorry reality hurts.

Yes accuracy is king...but like I said, it's not enough to beat a heavy with an LMG.....and most people suck at aiming btw, they never use the advantage of carbine/AR....everybody can benefit from 50-100 ammo and a shield.

You are talking about camping....."yeah bro just go into a room rambo style with 28 bullets, and you should kill 3 people if your good bro".......you have no idea what you are talking about, aiming, specially when moving/hipfiring is not that accurate, you will miss bullets, is normal...30 bullets is not enough, it clearly makes the game harder for LA/Medics compared to HA, HA is easy mode.....inb4 you claim your super 1337 and can do that.

Protip: mean while you don't shoot em, he is gonna turn the corner, shield is gonna regen, and he is gonna be reloaded......Clearly you have no idea how this game works.....Your protip is not some guranteed thing at all.

LMFAO...yeah a HA is gonna miss 50-100 ammo in a 1 vs 1....Like I said, you have no idea how this game works.....A HA doesn't have to worry about running out of ammo in 1 vs 1 1 vs 2 situations, easy as hell.......A LA/Medic need to be careful.

You're delusional, and you clearly dont know anything about the combat to say things like "aim better".....Im sure you're a typical camper who can't aim.

Note: This has nothing to do with anything...reality is HA LMG will stomp a Medic AR/LA Carbine in most situations...that's reality.

Again, your living in mythical land where people have perfect aim...and that's the thing you gotta be close to perfect....Compare this to HA who have 100 ammo, they can miss and miss...They have the shield to easily outlast 30 bullets if they are good....If you want to talk about skill is clear which class has no skill.
  7. JustGotSuspended

LOL no.

In fact it's not hard for medics to regenerate more health than a heavy will ever be able to tank with their shield, on top of that there's no movement penalty for the medic. AND the ars are more reliable and have lower ttk.

As for carbines, I can tell you straight up they're better than lmgs, not the same level as ars but still really potent. Engineer/LA main speaking here; never had an issue dealing with a heavy.

Sure you'll typically only down only 3-4 targets in a mag, but it's nothing to worry about considering the reloads are quick, and the weapons are quite good.

Even as a noob, back in beta where heavies had even more health, I don't think I've ever ran out of bullets while dealing with them. There's 2 issues with what you're saying. First off, YOU HAVE 30-40 BULLETS, IT TAKES 3-4 TO KILL A DUDE! If you factor the shield it just takes one additional bullet, so 4-5 to kill. So when you're saying you run out of bullets before the heavy is dead, that would mean you're not only aiming just for the body (which would take around 10 shots to kill), you're also spraying 2/3 of your mag at a wall or in the air. I can understand missing a shot or 2, no one's perfect. But to the extent where you miss so many shots you can't even kill a heavy before emptying your mag? I doubt you fare much better engaging other classes. The heavy's shield isn't the issue bud LOL. You have enough damage in a mag to theoretically engage at least 6 heavies. Also in a real engagement you'd probably be dead long before you empty your mag?

Key things to remember: every class can shuffle and has access to medkits as well. Heavies are designed to engage multiple targets by being on the front lines, the tradeoff for that is their guns are worse in 1v1s and usually have much longer reloads.

If you can't do decent with a carbine or ar, playing heavy is probably the last thing you want to do. Forgive me if I'm wrong (link your character stats to contradict) but I fail to see how being able to take 1 extra bullet and having 50-100 bullets in a mag is going to make up for the fact you can't aim/play properly. Sure, you'll have more bullets to shoot at a wall, and an extra 0.00001s to do so?:confused:

I would recommend you play infil, you'd only need to land one shot to get a kill (everyone get's lucky), you're invisible so it's not hard to pick engagements that favor you and you can have just as much health as a heavy (with no movement penalty!) if you choose nano-armor cloak. It's the go-to class for people who can't play, and the king of 1v1s.

I find it interesting that a person giving tips on how to deal with infils, fails to kill a target while using some of the best weapons in the game.

I also don't understand how that relates in any way to camping? The heavy is meant to be constantly pushing the front lines? It's not really a class that anyone would pick for camping, infil or engineer would be better for that I feel. Ofc I haven't mastered the game like you have.

Unfortunately fisu doesn't track the new weapons they added for NSO, but here's one of my alts where I've mostly just been playing heavy. You can check the KPM of the guns to see I'm not a camper LOL.

https://ps2.fisu.pw/player/?name=trspy001&show=weapons

In any case dude unless you've got your player stats that prove otherwise, I call BS and say you are a noob that doesn't know how to play, you probably perform worse as a heavy than with any other class and have 0 idea of what you're talking about.

And It's hilarious you make statements like this after claiming you can't even take out 1 target with your 30 round ar.
    • Up x 2
  8. JibbaJabba

I can tell you suck man just by the things you are saying. Let's not forget why we are here and let it really sink in. You're asking for more bullets because you can't kill a heavy in a single clip.

Would love to stick you with one of my outfit coaches or just spend some time working with you on Jaeger and with some gameplay video feedback.

I bet we could turn you. Up that KD and make you not need any more bullets.

But alas, your ego is probably too big to accept this. (Edit: PM me if I'm wrong) So I'll just say no. I don't agree that we need more bullets and leave it at that.
    • Up x 2
  9. G.O.A.T

I know you suck because you live in delusional land, where people land 90% of their hits and they are all headshots.........completely delusional.

Here's the reality...most people get 30% accuracy at best....30%........So out of 30 bullets, that means 9 will land....Think about that will your feeble little mind.....out of those 9 bullets some will be headshots, some will not......With an LMG, 30% is 30 bullets if 100 rounds, thats amazing....it helps everybody, experience players/n00bs to have so much ammo......Most people can't use AR/LA accuracy to the fullest potential.

Again, in your fantasy land...where people just stand still and take headshots...then yeah in perfect land, the carbine/AR are amazing...in reality, their accuracy isn't enough to overcome the shield/HA LMG in most cases....that's reality.

In most cases, you are fighting multiple people with cover/running....You will miss alot of those 30-40 bullets........You have to worry about ammo management asap....A heavy on the other hand, can miss 50% of his 100 ammo, and he still has 50 bullets hitting, or lets say 30%, thats 30 bullets hitting....if you cant see that advantage, you clearly don't know anything about the game.

You don't want more bullets because you're afraid of Heavies getting owned by LA/Medics more.

I'll destroy you anytime...your ego is too big to see the reality of the situation...you're clearly delusional.

Im sure you and your outfit camping buddies do great camping every corner of a room, completely different scenerio that what Im saying.
  10. G.O.A.T

LMFAO @ your stats....You auraxed LMGs(most accurate ones).....Yeah you're a heavy, no wonder you are defending this so much and claiming medics/LA are amazing lol.

Looking at your stats...you landed around 30% with your LMG(website is down)....30% lol.......Yet here you are talking about how we should all get headshots.....Your carbine accuracy im sure is also around 30%....

Think about it...you land 30%...that is 9 bullets out of 30....and you think that's enough? LMFAO.....30% in an LMG tho, like an NS-15....that's 16 bullets....that's a huge difference.....16 vs 9.......and the shield does a huge difference, much more than the healing, and the movement speed isn't a debuff tbh it can be use to throw people off with change of speed....clearly you don't know anything about how HA work...

"Theoretically" LMFAO...says the guy with 30% accuracy....bro how delusional are you? Planetside is a game where people move...where there is cover.....stop living in theoretical land where people are standing still and don't react to getting shot.

The LMG isn't that hard to aim, you're exaggerating this....Clearly delusional.

Heavies can 1 vs 1 most people in most situations...that's a fact.....if somebody gets a drop on a heavy, they can make a comeback.....A medic/LA/Infil can't do that....they will most like get destroyed.
  11. JibbaJabba

ok.

What server?
    You have a jaeger account by chance?
    • Up x 2
  12. JibbaJabba

So show him yours.
    • Up x 3
  13. Ravenous Travis

I have more problems with LA and infils than I ever do with heavies. Heavies are predictable, and slow if not completely stationary when returning fire. Carbines are also a lot more accurate than lmgs, can have higher fire rates depending on comparison, less recoil, wayyyyy better hip fire, and the reload time is a fraction of what it is for an lmg. Really the only advantages lmgs have on paper are damage falloff and magazine size.

I'm least familiar with TR guns, but as NC or VS I'm able to run and gun just fine with the GD-7F or Serpent VE92 as light assault with icarus jump jets. I think the equivalent TR gun is the Lynx. Maybe give one of those a try.

I would re-examine your playstyle or loadout if heavies are giving you trouble. They're really not that big of an obstacle. The problem with buffing carbines' magazine sizes is that they would become entirely too good.

If you're really having a ton of problems no matter what you do, you could try recording some video of your gameplay and link it here. Even if people don't agree with you, they might be able to provide some helpful tips in dealing with the situations you're having problems with.
    • Up x 3
  14. JibbaJabba

Kindred arguably one of the best guns in the game. *drool*

A carbine.
    • Up x 1
  15. Ravenous Travis

Yeah I actually just saw that when I was looking at carbine stats on the wiki, the special mechanic on the kindred seems really good. I'm going to have to dust off my TR character and try it out today.
    • Up x 1
  16. Somentine

Kindred and Horizon. GD absolutely shreds in CQC, where it can 1 frame even a pre-resist/shielded heavy.

The op is a scrub, and you can tell before they even post stats by what they say.

Also, fisu player stats aren't working for me for the last like 2 days - anyone else?
    • Up x 3
  17. LordAnnihilator

...And that is just off one post. I'm going to be honest G.O.A.T - I find it rather hard to take anything you say seriously when you stuff your comments full of "LMAO", "lol" and way too many chained dot-dot-dots. I'm sure if I took into account your other posts, all those counts would go way up. It doesn't make you look like a well informed player, it makes you sound like an immature teenager.

If Heavy Assault is so utterly broken and godlike, why do I keep dying when I challenge more skilled players, or get ambushed? Why is it that I can see non-HAs winning duels and getting multiple kills in a single mag? If HA is so broken, why doesn't everyone use it? Plus, you overestimate the reload of non-LMG guns. Running out of bullets isn't an issue if you can pause, reload over a few seconds, and get back in.

The evidence doesn't line up, and you clearly aren't well informed on the power of headshots and how effective the Overshield actually is.

"Guy claims good aim and headshots counters HA"
    "Lol I bet you can't aim and know nothing about the combat"
    You're the delusional one here, because you clearly don't know enough about the game and combat to counter HAs yourself, and making accusations and insults to others won't make them listen to you. You claim "Reality Hurts", is that why you're ignoring it? To quote JibbaJabba, HA can't "miss and miss", "they can miss and get killed by the person that doesn't miss."

Dude, saying "I'll destroy you anytime" when you can't kill a heavy with 30-40 bullets makes YOU the one with the ego too big to see reality. You delude yourself into thinking you're way better than you actually are, and you refuse to acknowledge that you aren't good at the game, so it obviously has to be you need more bullets to kill the Heavies.

This might be true - but you'll die to a skilled enough opponent before you run out of ammo if you yourself don't have the skill to land enough shots before they do. And if you do run out of ammo as a HA in the middle of a fight, you're screwed by LMGs longer reloads. To quote:
    So yeah, I can't take anything you say without a hefty few grains of salt. I'll let Suspended round this out:
    • Up x 1
  18. Blue_Lion

So the complaint is that a medic (support class) looses to a heavy assault (combat class)?
    That does not seam a valid reason to complain.

While they may have more shots to kill you with buffing AR and carbine to counter their shield would mean every other class would not stand a chance against them. Do we really need full auto 1 shot kills?

I never really notice a problem with carbines and AR over all. They kill just fine.
  19. G.O.A.T

Connery.

and I wasn't talking smack about him at all...Around 30% accuracy is actually alright.....The point is, that's reality...30% accuracy...yet here you people are acting like elitist and claiming its easy to have 90% accuracy with all headshots.
  20. G.O.A.T

Top 100 in kills in connery..........You're a scrub.

The heavy beats most classes in most situations......you know in most situations with cover, where you see somebody at a distance.....you know real situations.