[Suggestion] Solution to the Membership purchase problems

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by J0hnTitor, Jun 20, 2020.

1. J0hnTitor

Hello World,

I just got back to PS2 from a long hiatus as I saw it on Steam and decided to give it a go. I'm loving it so much that I have bought Daybreak Cash to buy some cosmetics and was looking to subscribe as well... here is where the problems came.

The Problems:
    I live in Central America, yet I am currently stuck in Europe as the airports shut down everywhere and can´t make my way back home yet. As such, when I first try to buy the Membership through Steam I get an error (which is weird as there is no problem when I purchase Daybreak Cash), when I try to buy it directly with my Central American Credit Card (the same one affiliated to Steam), the system says that my Billing Address does not match my current location...

The Suggestion:
    As buying Daybreak Cash through Steam is possible regardless of location, I would like to suggest that Membership could be purchasable directly from the in-game store, using Daybreak Cash. This way Daybreak would be able to profit the same if not more, as to purchase an amount sufficient of Daybreak Cash to buy the Membership would require the purchase of a larger amount of Daybreak Cash due to the size of each "Cash Pack".

Just my two cents as a customer that would like to spend some money but can't.

P.S.: Yes I have contacted Customer Support, and Ms. Bridgette was VERY kind and helpful, but ultimately there is no way to purchase the membership if:
    -I'm not in the country where my Credit Card is issued in.
    -The country my Credit Card issued in must match the Region that Daybreak has on file for my account (this part can only be updated when I'm back home).
  2. Ssidistik

VPN are a GLORIOUS thing that can tell your ISP that your computer is in any country you want it to be in.
  3. J0hnTitor

True, but my Credit Card issue country and the Region that Daybreak have on file for me (I was in US when I last played PS2) do not match. And to change the region, I have to be in my home country first.

Believe me I have tried using Nord VPN to no avail.