How many people have access to outfit crafted items?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Statboy, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Statboy

I'm wondering what percentage of people in the game have pulled outfit crafted items, and how many even have access to them?

Its seems silly to have bastions and colossus's which so few people can even pull, and ruin the game for everyone else. Even anvils which require a lower permission, how many people have access? I'm sure its under half. I'm yet to see an outfit that has more than 10% of there players have access to all these things. Thats just of those people in an outfit.
  2. Johannes Kaiser

Can not speak for every outfit, but with us all full members have access to them. And people who really help with gathering resources also get access to the beefy stuff.
  3. Statboy

I'm sure the people active here on the forum are more likely to have them. We are more likely to be outfit leaders. I was hoping for official numbers on this. Because I can't imagine something that less than half the population will ever have access to, is good for business.
  4. waystin2

Very tough to acquire what is needed for higher resource level items. We can craft the OS's at a reasonable rate but that is about it.
  5. Ender

I leave crafting/use open to everyone except pulling bastions. Which we just rotate through for pulling until everyone's had a shot. Though that's not really practical for large outfits.
  6. Blam320

My outfit leader has restricted use of War Assets solely to themselves. Our outfit has a very, very small pool of active players, and at that we specialize in base defenses, so it's fairly difficult for us to gain resources. On top of that, we've had a history of players misusing or wasting our War Assets; we can't afford to craft ANVILS when we're saving up for Citadel Shields, Bastions, and Orbitals (now also the Colossus). One of our own even pulled our hard-earned Bastion solo, "just to try it out."
    • Up x 1
  7. InexoraVC

DIG's leaders restricted use of War Assets. That's why I'm thinking about leaving such an outfit.
  8. Reymus

I feel that most people will never get a chance to use the Colossus with it being an outfit asset, which is a real shame. Something like the Bastion makes sense being an outfit asset. You could have a new classification of vehicles such as "elite", which require different resources to spawn, but also have a hefty cooldown timer on them compared to the regular vehicles. This would make it so that everyone will eventually get a chance to spawn one, but without the continent being overrun by them. You could even set a limit cap on them to say 5 per faction on a continent. There are many ways we can make them accessible without being overrun by them.

I just feel there is a better way to implement the Colossus into the current system that has everyone in mind, not just the few close outfits that play often with each other.
    • Up x 2
  9. Johannes Kaiser

OOF. That must have hurt.
    But that's exactly the reason why most outfits resrict stuff like that, because even when you know them, you KNWO at least one if them is likely to be very tempted. But restricting everything to leaders only is annyoing for everyone but them and not a great strategic option if they are all offline. But the right to pull the more expensive stuff should be earned by heloing get the resources in the first place on a regular basis.
  10. AbsinthSvK

i think top 10%. Its good its bad? I think its good because some random noob cant have them. Also they put some logic to fight in clan.
  11. Ssidistik

I myself love the way this has worked out.
    You want access to these items you must be active with your outfit and show leadership skills or at least a willingness to work your way up the ranks of an outfit. It promotes outfits finally instead of being a glorified friends list. Either build a outfit that can earn these resources and do it yourself or join an outfit and show them you are worth the time others put into building these assets.
  12. Johannes Kaiser

Problem is,
    Problem is, as I know from our community, leadership roles are often fixed, as the people are doing their job and new leaders are not needed. What I recommend is having a rank for earnest contributors that allows them broad asset access.
  13. DJPX

I handle it very easy in my outfit:
    You can get a higer rank with you charcter level which allows you to use the normal stuff.
    If you are active in the team and even better on teamspeak, you can climb ranks faster get access on the more expensive stuff too (OS Shild etc).

Everyone gets a chance if he tryes ^^

And for the other factions i created some more or less solo outfits to get the ressources and use the nice stuff.
    • Up x 1
  14. Blam320

That same guy who solo-pulled our Bastion left the same day after we called them out on it; they'd been complaining for a very long time about the outfit being "inactive" and never hosting squads, despite the fact we have a Discord server (that they were part of) that we use regularly to announce and host them.

But since we got the Outfit Logs, I've successfully lobbied our leader to let the "second in command" rank start using War Assets again.
    • Up x 1