Locked Planets and Poplock - Basically I am unable to play the game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OpolE, Oct 5, 2019.

1. OpolE

I log into Miller and find

1. 1 open Planet and 3 locked by NC
    2. The 1 open Planet has a poplock queue
    3. Planetside metagame is to seek domination. WHY CAN'T WE STILL OPEN PLANETS AND DOMINATE.

I log into Cobalt
    1. 1 open Planet and 3 locked
    2. The 1 open Planet has a poplock queue
    3. Planetside metagame is to seek domination. WHY CAN'T WE STILL OPEN PLANETS AND DOMINATE.

What is this game really made for! Us Planetside 1 people thought there would be some "Planetside metagame" smartness at least within the DECADE.......

This game is still not worthy of any positive thought. Every update is to satisfy more $ for DBG not to actually make it PLANETSIDE.

PLANETSIDE 1 will always be and will continue to be greater than PS2 and now PS:Arena which is dead on arrival.

I hope DBG employees working on Planetside are proud they can pay their bills and live off their salary because there is nothing to be proud of about being part of this game. Delete it from your CV's. It's an embarrassment
    • Up x 1
  2. TRspy007

Definitely agree, plus the queue give unrealistic times. Ex: 1/2 queue, estimated time 2 minutes, and I had to log out after half an hour cuz I was going nowhere.

The queue needs to stops, since it doesn't help with balance, and in addition to not doing it's sole purpose it prevents people from logging on and playing their faction. Also, we barely have the playerbase to open one continent, we can't have multiple open anymore :(

One thing though, they're "continents," not "planets."
  3. IVANPIDORVAN

So what? I have only one TR character at miller and yes, during prime time i have to wait almost every evening for poplock queue. Usually it takes from 1 to 15 mins, but eventually it allow you to spawn. If you impatient piece of **** this is only your problem.
  4. tigerchips

Did they take the 4th faction robots out of the game, never see them anymore.
  5. OpolE

In Planetside there should be no room for being patient. If there was a poplock in Planetside 1 you go and enter another continent and open a new fight.

Yes I have multiple characters but the NO 1 PRINCIPLE OF PLANETSIDE DOESN'T EXIST.

World domination and territory control.

IF YOU HAVE NO CONTROL OVER OPENING A PLANET/ISLAND
    THIS IS A USELESS GAME
  6. OpolE

If you remember back to the PS1 world view. The "Islands/Continents" are displayed as Spherical planets hehe. So technically I'm not wrong
  7. Trigga

If you remember back in PS1 before the 're-bending' or whatever thay called it, they were continents on a world map.
    The 'global' map showed a globe, not a solar system.
    The 'continent all' command was to speak to a specific continent.
    The 'global' command was to speak to the entire globe.

Not 100% sure why they did it but for some reason they changed the global map to show planets instead of what it originally showed:
    [IMG]
    And because of this we could no longer see the movement of the clouds & storms across the planet, which were actual storm systems that had an effect on gameplay.
    WTF happened to gaming :(.

The 'revised' global map for anyone who is interested:
    [IMG]
    I preferred the original.
    • Up x 2
  8. JibbaJabba

I never have to wait in a queue.

Make better choices.
  9. OpolE

WHAT LIKE? Paying ALL ACCESS hahaha. Beta MOVE!
    • Up x 1
  10. JohnnyWayne

Like playing another faction, maybe.
    • Up x 1
  11. OpolE

In my experience i have to go to another server and this time I faced exactly the same issue. PATHETIC GAME
  12. ZDarkShadowsZ

The best thing you can do is to stop playing the game with PlanetSide 1 expections in mind. It is not PS1. It will never be PS1.

Yes, it was built with the same ideas. Massive battles with 3 factions fighting against one another, but this game is almost 7 years old and has no more than around no more than 800-1000 players on EU servers, even on weekend primetime at the end of each month, at the very best. Emerald has the most with approximately 1200 players.

If you think about those 800 or so players on Cobalt for example, and then split that number by 3. That's about 266 players per side. Put those players onto a continent, and then open another continent, and we split that population directly in half again. That's 133 players per side.

Now imagine that new continent for a moment, how many battles are you really going to see that are massive as the game was intended to be? Not very many. You end up with regular 1-12 vs 1-12 fights, and a fair few fights where one side has 24+ players and the other side has almost none. Maybe the occasional 24-48 vs 24-48 fight thrown in. This is because those 133 players per faction are simply spread too thin... this means that the massive battles we were promised simply doesn't happen.

The decision to keep all continents locked until the server has sufficient population was one long since requested, primarily because of the game's dwindling population. Reintroducing all or multiple continents being open when the server simply doesn't have the appropriate amount of population defeats the object of what players were promised - massive battles.

Now onto your issues with population lock. This was also a decision that was highly requested because players complained that one faction had way too much continent population as opposed to the others. I remember back in 2013-14 before the Ceres-Cobalt merge. Ceres had NC populations of 40% and it felt like TR were losing everything because like VS, we simply didn't have continent population. As a new player it was very disheartening to play a game where your faction constantly loses. Nobody really likes to lose, so this was one reason why faction population lock was introduced. But most importantly, because it helped even out continent populations so each faction had an equal chance of winning in terms of population. This just means that should a faction lose bases, it's less down to continent population, and more related to base population distribution on that continent.
  13. TRspy007

My bad, guess my point's invalid cuz you never had to wait in queue. My bad, my apologies for troubling you with my nonsense.

Dude take your head out your ***, quit acting like a ******* ******. There's infernal queues, that don't even work to balance the fights, and that make people wait years for no reason.

So what you're trying to say I assume, is play the faction(s) that are underpopped.

So we can't play the game how we want cuz mongs like you think it's ok to add queues for no reason? Ok
    Also, not all of us continued their support for this game after all the **** they ****** up, WE DON"T ALL HAVE MEMEBERSHIP. I can't create enough players to play on all the continents, on every faction. And considering the fact the gaame is dead, I have to have characters on different servers in order to have the possibility of enjoying a fight during "peak" times that differ from servers.

So the fact remains that queues are pointless and further handicap the game. The fact that other people are also complaining means that YOU'RE the idiot here with completely invalid reasoning. "There must no be a problem, SiNcE i NeVeR eNcoUnTeRed It" nice one dude, you really proved your superior intelligence there. We're not all devs or membership users, we should still have the opportunity to play how we want, the game can't afford to be picky when it comes to players.

good day
  14. AllRoundGoodGuy

Just as a point of reference, just because the forum lists someone as being all-access does not mean that they currently are. I for instance am not, but it still shows that I am from when I did have a memebership.
  15. TR5L4Y3R

if you think ballancing pop is no reason ... ok ...
  16. JibbaJabba

Yeah, when you're all done having a hissy fit try one of:
    1. Roll a character on the underpop faction
    2. Roll a character on another server
    3. Buy a membership, quit being a freeloader, and support the game you play.
    4. Or the holy grail: Play NSO and you never have a queue.

You've continued to encounter this queue knowing what the reason behind it is. Yet you have taken no action and instead accumulated more and more XP on your existing toon until you don't want to give up your "precious" to provide yourself relief.

Instead, you want to come in here and whine to dev. And what you're asking for is this: "Please let me overpopulate and crap on all the other players (who are doing the right thing mind you). I don't care if I hurt their gameplay experience because I'm super more important than they are".

Oh and if someone calls you on it? Yeah, chew on them too.

The river. Cries it for me. Good day yourself.
    • Up x 1
  17. TRspy007

The point of planetside 2 is to achieve utter chaos, with as many ppl as possible. War is unfair. THere's no point in trying to balance pop, it goes against the game's nature.

Add that to the fact that the pop balance queues do nothing to balance fights, yeah, I think it's a pretty **** reason to keep them implemented in the game. In fact, the game was more balanced before queues were added. Sure, it's reassuring for some people to see 33 - 33 - 33 cont pop, but the reality is that doesn't solve the unbalanced fights problem. Especially with the low pop of the game, all it does is make 2 factions fight while the 3rd one ghost caps, then the other 2 stop fighting, realize what's going and double team the 3rd faction to ****.

All the while making people wait hours in a queue, while the continent is
    1) empty
    2) and the fights are unbalanced
  18. TRspy007

Lol do you even read or think before you say your stupid stuff?

1) Maybe I dislike the faction, or as mentioned, I don't have 50 characters to spare so I can play wherever whenever.
    2) Yeah, and if the other server is empty...? Or there's the same problem
    3) I would've continued to support the game if the devs weren't continuously ******* it in the ***
    4) Yeah play NSO, you'll never have a queue, diverse classes or diverse weapons, and that ties in with the membership too btw

I'm not saying I don't start playing on another server or faction because of this ********, I'm complaining about the invalidity of the reason leading up to it.

I'm sorry, but if you think it's normal for a guy to WORK to play the game, then maybe it's time to rethink yourself. The point of the game should be that you log on, you pick your favorite server, your favorite character and hop on. I've got multiple characters, but I still have my main which I do enjoy playing on. I mean, I'm sorry if after 7 years of grinding I wanna be able to USE the dude I certed out. I know that's completely baffling to you, but not everyone enjoys creating new characters just so they can play, especially in a game that require such grind as planetside 2.

Sure, create a new character so you can bypass the queue. Congrats, you now have no vehicles, no abilities, and maybe no interest in the faction you're now playing. Great solution to the queue dude, sounds like a really fun game.Honestly you sound like a dev. Open your eyes, as I said, I'm not the only one complaining, and for a good reason. If I want to play a game, I want to play, not find ways around obstacles the devs put up to prevent me from playing what I want to.

I don't even understand why I have to explain it to you. You gotta clean the **** that's covering your eyes. If people want to play their way and the game tells them, sorry we don't want you rn, well, most people leave, go find other games to play. A couple repeats and planetside 2 just becomes forgotten, the guys just start playing games that let them game how they want.

I'm being selfish and all, going to massively overpop the continent; right. You're sure you're not deluded?

Have you seen ONE instance where the queue actually created a balanced fight? No, it's even worse than when it didn't exist, which is why morons of your caliber are still whining about zerging, massive overpop, ghostcapping, unbalanced fights, ect...

Well, let me try to spark a glimmer of thought in your central processing unit: the queues aren't working, and never will.
    The continent balance queue is a sort of mask to hide the problem. Think. It's like sorting out skittles into different colored groups, then throwing them all back in the bag and shaking it.

You can't solve balance problems by controlling the amount of people let inside the continent, since they're just gonna end up doing whatever they want in the end. Double team, one faction being left out from fights and having to ghost cap a continent, zerging...it all exists, and hasn't been solved by the queue. That must logically mean it's not working right???? So you're making people wait to "balance" a continent which in the end doesn't even generate balanced fights. That's logical? I'm the selfish ******* for calling out this ******edness?

I see. You must really be mentally challenged. Let me explain the problem. It's war, it's meant to be unfair. There's always going to be a faction that's gonna have more pop than the others, and there's nothing wrong with that, you can still have balanced fights.:eek::eek:

That's right, that overpopped faction now has troops to spare, and can attack/defend on both fronts. If the other factions are severely underpopped as you say, then they'll just team up again the overpopped one. The game in 95% of cases would just balance itself out. I know you might be new here, but trust me, it was better without the queue.

No we not only have no pop, we have queues stopping the little pop we have that wants to play. All for what? So we can check the map at see equal pop as we're getting zerged or ghostcapping a dozen bases? That makes you feel that much better? If I hurt your gameplay experience I'm sorry, at least the game lets you play. The poor players that want to "crap on others" and "overpop the **** outta the continents" aren't even allow a gameplay experience. And if players want to accumulate XP on their main character, let them, it's the point of the game. Try covering up the fact you're **** under your membership and infinite nood level characters. GG.

Another thing that adds to your delusion. No one comes her to complain to the devs. THEY NEVER READ THE FORUMS, DIP****!!! If I wanted to complain to the devs, I would've had more luck on reddit or cs instead of the forums looool. And as I said, I didn't start the thread, which goes to show how many people support your mentally challenged point of view (if I can so express myself).

Next time read/reflect before you reply, you guys are so predictable I had already addressed all the ******** you were gonna say in my last post, so please don't force me to repeat myself next time, try to be creative at least, find new points, or reword the 2 you've used more than a bored woman's *****.

Kind regards,
  19. TR5L4Y3R

in short let´s do nothing about it, let´s keep the underpoped sides be fooked over to then quit the game quicker so while you get into the game you may end up with no oppnent to fight against .. you archieved chaos that killed the game, GG ...

war is unfair ... yes, but this is a videogame not fooking real life .. a game needs some rules to be fair and fun ..
    if there are no rules, if there are no limitations to anything it wont be fun but for the most sadistic buttholes .. in which case they can have fun playing with themselves .. not gonna get any sympathy from me ..
  20. JibbaJabba

Sir, the pop balance queues DO balance the fights. If you are in a wildly imbalanced fight you can leave.
    If you are in a badly underpopped faction, you cannot. All the other fights will be the same way.

Asymmetry is part of this game, but not like that.

I'm the guy who jumps on the underpop faction (I've got a few ASP 100s and some others). Life gets rough but most of the time it's playable. At other times... it's not. I'm not usually the one to log off when this happens but others do. If you turn off the queues the game will get horrendously lopsided. Heavy overpop triggers logoffs and exacerbates the problem.

I do see your point and I'm sorry the queues suck for you sometimes. But you really need to think about what you are asking for. It's game breaking.
    • Up x 1