Incredibly Good Aim

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Andy04, Jul 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WinterAero

I'm really not at all interested in debating with apologists who provide cheaters with their convenient smokescreen. If you think 'barely anyone' cheats, just enjoy that denial and more power to you as the population dwindles. We'll see if the road to copying h1z1 remains fun for you all. Best part is they actually did do ban waves there - and it was in the tens of thousands. With people admitting there, that they did it here for years LOL.

Much of the time, what happens is that cheaters and their friends play together or at certain times. Low population lowers server strain and makes them extremely evident when you cross them. These days thats essentially any offpeak time, since the game is dead then.

I've been through the whole cheat thread routine dozens of times, evidence isn't challenging to find and other threads have showcased that well. Perhaps Towie and others are enthusiastic enough to bother providing you with the collected data. I could link a half dozen functioning cheat sites but that will purely get this account banned. Easy enough to find if you look up the forums for them though.

In the end, this community is a rather special brand of ********. You concede there are cheaters, which is a significant enough volume of people - especially in certain outfits - to cause notice. What exactly do you think high BR players do when they cross such people? Stay and get farmed? Run and hide or log off?

No they maintain their stats, high K/D and more by joining the club and levelling the playing field. Allowing them to comfortably continue with their 'skilled' reputation. Sounds far fetched, until we recall that it was exactly what a certain prat in this community was doing; whilst on stream. Minimized and showed his whole cheat UI in all its glory, aimbots gallore.

Truth is its incredibly easy to microtweak the game. A small increase can be enough - whilst preserving that anonymity. But when I look back, realise half my own outfit knew about the hitbox editing - and did it - before it was 'patched' (not that it stopped many of them); it really said enough about the scope of the issue and how many value getting ahead. Whatever the cost.

They may not have always wanted to cheat sure. But months down the line, meeting the same unbanned fellow farming your squad with obvious hitbox changes, toggling and utterly ineffective ingame reports? Sure. I wonder where that leads. The dev's didn't even know people were changing the files until someone let the well known 'secret' slip lmao.

Anyway; Let's just return to this communities usual stupid rhetoric shall we? These threads are always a waste of time and give cheaters a good laugh. Soooo;

Nobody cheats in ps2, all the cheat adverts are fake and made for 'teh lulz', everyone is just sore at losing and imagines cheaters. The end. So pathetic its kind of sad really. Anyways. See you in the next game o/
  2. Pacster3

Didn't you see that video of the dude on Cobald just a few weeks ago? He was blatantly hitbox cheating for several days(no idea if he still does). He was not even shooting in direction of the target and didn't miss a single bullet...every single time and with every aircraft gun(I got killed 4 times by him). That was pretty much an eye opener for me when it comes to those sky knights. At this point I question a lot of stuff I see. I mean I got many, many, many months in this game and quite some time in ESFs but the way some people pick up infantry with their AA-nosegun with perfect accuracy was always a miracle to me. Not anymore....
  3. Grate

It seems to me that the best way to handle the cheating situation would literally be for DBG to have one of their people watching the forums that advertise these cheats, possibly buy them so they can reverse engineer the coding for it and fix the crack. Additionally permanently IP and account ban any proven cheaters. I heard talk about hardware banning but I haven't a clue about that. Buying newer better servers might help with the system lag too.

This way you can eliminate the hack software directly and anyone you catch hacking has to restart at zero if they come back to the game. If they were dumb enough to spend money then they'd probably spend money again which would be more profit for DBG. For those of us who don't cheat we would have the satisfaction of seeing those folks removed from the game and DBG would get more money. Win win for the people that matter.

And for those of us with potato computers, like mine... well all we can hope to do is get some money to get a newer rig that can handle the game and lag better.
  4. JibbaJabba

Wait a second.

You just waxed poetic about people being apologists for cheaters then turned around and did it yourself.

If you *think* someone is cheating, that doesn't make it ok for you to do so. Those high KD players do exactly what you do when they come across cheaters: Try and fail to get back at them, report them, and leave the vicinity, do lots of cursing and whatnot.

They do not think, "oh... well I must discard the 3000 hours of honorable play that let me develop my high skill and just cheat like a pleb!"

You say your outfit got fed up with getting their butts whipped and just decided to cheat? Who does that? Really? That's pathetic.

Cheats exist in this game, I'm sure but to my knowledge and experience they are not widespread. The people who dunk on you do so because they have skill. And YOUR apologist attitude diminishes the accomplishment of these players.
    • Up x 1
  5. ObiVanuKenobi

There are no good players except me. If someone beats me then he must be cheating.
    • Up x 1
  6. Person7man

There's no doubt about it, you're a troll. Again tons of unsubstantiated claims, just spouting absolute nonsense in the hopes of getting a rise out of people. Nobody denying the fact that people cheat, but you not responding with any sort of factual information. No wonder your forum account was banned, you're clearly trying to incite/turn people off from the game with this phantom story of cheaters everywhere ruining the integrity of the game, when that is FAR from the case. One can go many play sessions without running into anything suspicious.
  7. PanzerGoddess

simple....play how you want to play. You have to decide what your willing to sacrifice if your so concerned about accuracy and other players aims. Do what some have suggested, read about lag compensation, learn to change your graphics to a desirable level that gives you the best gameplay. If not just play it how you want and deal with it lol. Ive been there with the right settings to give me that gameplay I want based on lag and other wonky issues ps2 loves to do. However I don't really care anymore so its 4k ultra max settings all the way, and it just makes the gameplay funny to play sometimes when its lag city, when the sound starts to get all crazy, etc etc.

plus its all in the wrist man
  8. adamts01

Not on Connery. My city has had internet problems the past couple weeks, so I can't log on, but last time I me I checked, Battleye wasn't even loading. The last time I played there were also a lot of cheaters/exoiters very active in yell chat asking to be reported, which was new. I have a strong suspicion that a bunch of vets have created alts in hopes of bringing some of these longstanding problems to the forefront. I noticed a substantial drop in stupid stuff immediately after Battleye was introduced. But over the past month, things have really picked up.
    • Up x 1
  9. YellowJacketXV

I sometimes get instagibbed by folk I can't even see. Then I realize that my ping spiked to 300 for some random reason before returning. It might be related to the servers and their locality.
  10. Towie

Agreed - i'd even go as far as to say it's just as bad now if not worse than ever before. New content isn't going to keep people playing a game riddled with cheats.

I'm still a member - I bought the 6th anniversary bundle - I feel let down.

DBG are definitely banning (I keep a record of everyone suspicious and the vast majority have gone) but people re-roll just as soon as they are banned, or put a little cash in and suddenly they're untouchable.
  11. Redvs11

This game is a lost cause at this point.
    In the last months I have seen more cheaters than in the last 3 years and there are entire outfits dedicated to cheat, other than random players without one of course.
    Cobalt is a dumpster fire, the infamous hitbox modification is back in full swing with some players using clumsy and others just plain lagswitching like this guy: https://ps2.fisu.pw/player/?name=xxchaos666xx who now left his outfit which is full of ****ters like him.
    I've never been particularly good at this game, I think I'm quite average, but I know when I see things which are unlikely or straight up impossible.
    If anyone has any doubt on the state of this game, just try to fly in a esf, it will open your eyes.
  12. FieldMarshall

Sounds like lag delay. There are several (old yet relevant) videos on youtube explaining what that is and how it affects you.
  13. KupoRU

This is a dangerous topic. Roxxly told me that if you continue to pursue their cheaters, then you will be banned for prosecuting cheaters.

So just leave them alone. They bought their right to use the help in the game. You won't do anything about it.
  14. Roxxlyy Community Relations

Actually, by all means please do report suspected cheaters - just make sure you're doing it in the right place and not blacklisting names on the forums. Any reports of cheating should go directly to help.daybreakgames.com so our CS team can investigate and we can avoid starting witch hunts. :)
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.