When is daybreak going to ban the cheaters?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Walking Shark, Feb 28, 2018.

1. FateJH

You can't adjust your own hitbox size. That's something the other persons' client manages, not your own. To put it in another way, to your client, you don't have a proper hitbox, because other players' projectiles don't really exist. Everyone else does have a proper hitbox that can be hit by your projectiles, however, because your projectiles exist.
    Unless they're doing in it this day and age, that's nothing special. The main reason it shouldn't work like that nowadays is DBG tuning from how the previous damage calculations worked (where they could one shot ESF's).
  2. Gen.Drake61

Pretty sure the ps4 version doesnt even have a report function ingame,and its a feature thats sorely needed for ps4 if it doesn't.
  3. Gen.Drake61

Ok it does but gets stuck where you cant exit the screen,now when i login it displays but you cant exit...
  4. Gen.Drake61

And it doesn't work or respond to input,so in a way you cant report players in game...and then after you have to close the client and restart it to get it back to normal.
  5. strikearrow

I've heard them talk about their lag switches in platoon chat - and not just Recursion too. Several "elite" outfits on different factions share lag-switch software. You can even find youtube videos on how to use them.
    • Up x 1
  6. AlcyoneSerene

Disgraceful to witness blatant cheating. Not naming cause it's against the rules, but infinite ammo cheat, and likely aimbot, ESP, and teleportation (or lagswitching, or very poor server ping).

High level players who do this is proof enough the ban hammer doesn't strike, battleeye is not doing its job, reports such as mine are not followed up on properly since I am sure this player will continue to be around.

It is impossible to lay down infinite motion spotters away from any terminal or sundy or ammo pack in rapid succession, nevermind the rest of the nonsense.
  7. Scatterblak

I saw a public '/yell' a while back where a squaddie was asking about keybinds for a cheat. No one batted an eye.
    • Up x 1
  8. Towie

As i've said elsewhere, this year seems to have been pretty bad for attracting the cheats (lagging and hitbox mostly) but something has changed.

I've noticed a definite uptick in some of the golden oldies - like teleportation. We had a terrible fight on Monday night when we came across what appeared to be a squad of cheaters who had very recently joined (I managed to get video of someone teleporting).

This got me thinking - how are they doing it ? Is it a new hack, a private hack or have they somehow got the old ones working by bypassing Battleye ?

I decided to check my task list last night and guess what - no sign of BEService.exe. Battleye wasn't running as far as I could tell !

I'm not sure what determines whether BE runs or not but on the face of it, looks like at least some are not being checked...
  9. SmittyJensen

Are you on Emerald?

We have a small group of VS who are doing the teleporting thing... usually VS max and/or heavy that hovers about 100 ft off the ground and warps/teleports all over quickly, killing everything in sight.

We (a bunch of us in game) reported one of them and I think they were banned only, the very next day, to see another (or same person) in a VS max doing the same behavior. There doesn't seem to be a way to really control them... because it seems cheaters can just generate a new account perpetually and keep on griefing.
    • Up x 1
  10. Towie

I'm on Cobalt - often play in a large squad - and the antics we're witnessing are often discussed in squad chat.

And that's the thing - theoretically, the ban can be more extensive including IP address and hardware identification, both of which can be spoofed BUT Battleye can prevent things from running and also check the client for malicious code.

However - like I said - BE doesn't appear to be running on my machine right now and it definitely has in the past as it didn't like a CPU affinity tweaker I was using.

The simple fact is that things feel pretty bad right now and an awful lot of new players are teleporting around and generally causing mayhem. It's not fun.
    • Up x 1
  11. Trigga

Pfft, software not required for planetside 2.
    Unplug net cable, kill everything, plug back in, receive rewards.
    Its disgustingly easy and is why so many do it.

Repeat offenders im sure get tripped up, but the 'ill just get some payback on that tank / lib / ESF / HA / MAX / Sniper this one time' crowd are fully active, except its never just that one time....

Before planetside 2 id never even heard of this practice of lagswitching, other games must have solved the issue somehow?
    Its one of the biggest problems the game has atm.
    • Up x 1
  12. Jbeasty

Can say for certain "lagswitching" has been around since video games and the internet came together. Mostly exploited in P2P hosted games.
  13. Trigga

O im sure it has.
    My point was, and i thought i was pretty clear, I had never heard of it, me, Trigga, this person typing now............
    I was trying to point out that Planetside 2 has so much of this going on that people who have no interest in cheating know all about it, and even know how to do it....

Other games obviously dont have such a massive problem that their entire forums, and in-game chat are filled with people talking about it.
    Other games must have some sort of solution to this, there must be a way to stop it, or at least reduce it to only a couple of dedicted die-hards who use complicated software to do it, and even then they should be caught.

Disconnecting my network wire to get uncontested kills should quite simply not be an option, like at all.
    Ive never played a game where you could do this, never even heard of a game where it was that simple to activate god mode.
    Before planetside it was 'some1 is cheating' didnt care how, didnt care why.
    Now thanks to planetside i know a whole host about cheating, despite not really wanting to.
    That says a lot imo, it says to me that you just cant get away from it around here...
    • Up x 1
  14. DarkStarAnubis

Recently, maybe a couple of days ago, I witnessed a new (at least to me) form of hacking: during Biolab battles attackers were able to fire from inside the rocks formations (e.g. the one between A, the central tower and the teleport room) to the defenders running in the Biolab.

It happened several times, people were complaining on the chat about that. The hackers couldn't be hit.
    • Up x 1
  15. strikearrow

That's been around for at least a year now. Normally it's a spitfire turret placed inside a tree.
  16. Towie

Yes other games do have ways to tackle it - limiting what people can achieve when 'spiking' is the most obvious and/or putting them at some form of disadvantage because of it. Sure, people with spikes out of their control might suffer a bit, but at the moment it's just too easy to benefit from a spike (software can create a lag but the program can be detected - however you can do it in hardware too which cannot be detected, other than the spike itself and the consequences).

None of this is helped by the leniency of PS2. I'm not sure what it is now, but in the past you could disconnect for 2 - 3 minutes before the server would throw you off !
  17. Jbeasty

Well, alrighty then..............

But part of what im saying is that other games have definitely NOT solved the issue. It just affects all of them differently, with PS2 being quite the oddity due to being "clientside" for lack of a better term and no other game can remotely compare.

There isn't much else to talk about in a semi dead game like PS2, so that's probably why it seems like a bigger issue than it is, or when compared to other games. I think you are blowing it out of proportion.

My personal experience, having been accused a lot of hacking or being a "ping ****ter" lol (im usually ~50/70), is that people simply make **** up to feel better about themselves a majority of the time. And yes, they will take it to /yell chat frequently and be way over dramatic about the doom and gloom.
  18. ObiVanuKenobi

Ammo printer implant.
  19. adamts01

There's a bug where it sounds like a gun is forever firing, but it actually isn't. Everyone hears it except the shooter himself. That player just has to reload and it goes away. I'm convinced this game is overflowing with cheaters, but infinite ammo might hit be a thing. All I can suggest is running some sort of video capture software and submit tickets.
  20. AlcyoneSerene

It isn't that bug, I know it all too well, as with endless other bugs that have been around forever, and ammo printer at max rank only gives so much ammo per unit of time. I went 1vs1 against the russian stalker maybe 11 times in rapid succession, they never ran out of ammo. It does not explain their placement of the motion spotter in different locations also endlessly. Funny enough today he's back and takes 2 of us out from a distance with the smg in an instant, with the other player over voice mentioning how he's not playing fair.