Some of us are still getting disconnects.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alexander Chadwick, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Silkensmooth

Still can't play. Takes 3 mins to log in and then i cant interact with terminals and then i get disconnected after a minute or 2. Any news of a fix in the works?
  2. IcEzEbRa

Same for me since update, takes a little longer to launch game, then progress bar moves fine till <5% loaded, hangs there for 30 secs or so, then game starts usually with "poor connection" in yellow, but comes and goes. I've actually gotten on 2x in last few days, but was too late to play, both times vanu on emerald. But that's out of 6 characters, 30 or so attempts split between them, {might as well get those passive mbr certs)...ever other time was like others in this thread, can't interact, redeploy, etc and disconnect after 60-90 secs.
  3. SmittyJensen

It seems to be more an issue now I think with the client connecting to the server or vice versa. On my client the 'Server latency' section of the network health when you TAB is missing initially. After a minute or so it begins to load in the form of a red bar (essentially poor connection) and some of the screen data (membership points, squad motd, etc) load, followed shortly after by another wave of data, including the actual 'Server latency' text loading on screen and the red bar moving to several green bars.

The fact that we have no update by an employee here is a bit disconcerting though...
  4. Clipped!

Well, if and when they fix this issue, someone should post a PS2 version of the "It's been 3000 years" meme, because it feels like that already.
  5. Washbucket

I was thinking about getting a membership again...
  6. XcachoX

MATTHEW COME BACK !!!
  7. CaparzoX

conection return please :( ho my god
  8. SmittyJensen

What is the max server latency value you've seen? I've hit 214000 so far as my max.. that was just a few minutes ago.
  9. Dreadz

Over 9000!
  10. DarkStarAnubis

I am not suffering disconnect but I can see (playing on Miller) signs of warping all over the place: players appearing and disappearing, flying into air etc.

It makes the game not very playable in big battles.
  11. XLAX

It has become obvious to me they have no intention of fixing this until after the Halloween event is over. That is what Nick Silva meant by "it will fix itself" Well I have been a paid member for the last 4 years as I believed in supporting the best FPS game I have ever played. But I won't continue!
    I live out in the country and cannot get fast internet. I only get 2 Mbps when its smoking hot so I wonder if that has something to do with the disconnects. Ever since they updated the game to have only 1 continent open in order to force large battles after all the kids get home from school it becomes unplayable for me with all the teleporting of objects. Sure is hard to shoot down those flying tanks. I wish they would go back to 2 continents always open so players like me with crappy internet could find a playable battle.

Is DBG going to reimburse the paid members who cannot connect their passive certs? How about the certs they cannot earn if they cannot play?
    • Up x 1
  12. Mr. Thoughtful

Still an issue, i have nothing else to say:confused:
  13. AtckAtck

It is not fixed.
    I still have to do the "warp to koltyr mamojambo raindance" on every login, or i get disconnected after 10 minutes of seeing players warping around. Not to say that you can annoy the hell out of enemies thinking you are lagswitching them on purpose....
    C'mon this really needs to be fixed, and that not tomorrow but yesterday!
  14. AlcyoneSerene

Sad to see more players unable to play, and also leaving - especially with the state of the population, with 'clientside', cheaters, faction balance issues, hit registration problems, etc.

Since the patch, I was unable to log in due to game errors and then "you have been disconnected," and later that day managed to connect by chance after trying for hours. Then the overnight and super long emergency patch broke it again with the 30 sec disconnection message, and then it started working for me. My friends also on the same server were always able to long in but from overseas. It's still the same symptoms as before, unresponsive terminals/maps/etc. for 30 sec or so, then the 2nd ping shows, and the game to me becomes playable again.
  15. C0smos

Well it's sad, but they are not willing to fix this, my tickets have been closed on the support with no proper answer.

So yeah, no communication about this issue after 5 days + means they don't give a **** anymore and it's pretty sad. Hope I'm wrong but....

Been 5 years I'm playing this game, and I'm tired of DBG.
  16. Humusak

day 6 after patch, server latency still equal infinity
  17. Scroffel5

Guys, I connected only once so far. What I did was, when I got into the warpgate, I did my shoutout commands and redeploy, then I ran straight until I was almost out of the warpgate. Then when I was almost out, I reconnected. I don't know if it was just a coincidence or not, but thats what I did.
  18. Scroffel5

Also guys, they are working on the problem. Here is what a Customer Service Supervisor sent me:

Hello,

I apologize for the delay in response. I specifically remember writing a note back to you yesterday, but it would appear I did something wrong saving it. Anyhoo, I did see them bouncing that around, but for whatever reason didn't think that was a solution. Tomorrow being Monday, my money is on this being fixed by mid-day, once everyone is back in the office and the full contingent can take a look. That's just me guessing. I'm also hoping someone chimes in here soon with something. Regardless, have a nice evening, and we'll let you know when we have something!
    Thank you,
    Jamison Wright
    Customer Service Supervisor
    Daybreak Games

They do care. They are working on the problem.
  19. CaparzoX

Something similar they sent me but 5 days ago
  20. Roxxlyy Community Relations

We've got a speculative fix in the works, but no news on when we will be able to get roll out a patch. We'll have it fixed as soon as possible.