"Not in my squad... not my problem."

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gustavo M, Sep 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ares8

This is the dumbest thread I've read today. It takes 2 seconds to revive someone or rep them up and if it's a max unit that are leading the push inside a building that's even more reason to rep them up. Good luck trying to push a stacked point with all the maxes dead. I'm probably the guy who tk's you or blows up your sundy because of your stupidity and lack of team play. OP is the guy who leaves a recently captured base with an empty sundy only to be blown up by a harasser minutes later. I understand the concept of taking care of your squad first but don't leave everyone else hanging too.
  2. Gustavo M

Shooting a friendly who doesn't want to comply to your demands takes also "only 2 seconds", so hey -- we are all losers, here.
    Then again, the purpose of this thread is to point out players who think they have the "power" to demand things over randoms instead of his squad/outfitmates.
  3. Pat22

Playing Medic or Engineer does not automatically revoke your free will and make you a support slave to all other players in the game.

If you don't feel like supporting a player, because you're focusing on your own thing, because supporting him would put you at risk, because it would be a huge detour for you and what you want to do, or for whatever other reason that may occur even if that reason is simply "I don't want to", then you are fully entitled not to support that player.

/thread.
    • Up x 2
  4. freedom_burger

You aren't entitled to ****, but people don't have to suck your dick just for you to do your job either. If you aren't doing your job, you are bad at it. If you are bad at it, get better or get out. The only thing you should deserve or expect after reviving, healing or repairing someone is V+1.
  5. Gustavo M

And as a support class, I don't have to do what you want and/or instantly turn into "your personal slave" right when you put your eyes over me. And once again, we are talking about a situation where you demand/force support from a random player. You can spam voice macros, threaten or even kill your fellow (squad/outfit) support class players as much as you want -- but not when you do it to a random player.
  6. Pacster3

<p><br data-mce-bogus="1"></p>
    Just like you can choose to ignore him, he can choose to kill you. Is that nice or teamplay? Nope...none of both. But he and you can do it. It's not likely he will behave like that if you do not behave like that tho... ;-)
  7. DarkStarAnubis

If you TK other players you are suitable to be reported and punished.

Are you really putting at the same level not rezzing a player and TK'ing on purpose a player?
    • Up x 1
  8. PlanetBound

Totally agree with "because I like playing support classes".
  9. Bansheedragon75

I play primarily as an engineer and if I see someone needing repair nearby, I usually try to go and repair.
    If a MAX comes to me needing repairs, I'll repair it and drop and ammo pack while at it to resupply them.

Just the other day I was in a building and I saw someone come towards me with the wrench icon above their head.
    I figured this was someone who needed repair, so I brought out my repair gun and once the guy got close enough I started repairing, he/she didnt even have to ask for repairs, and when done I dropped an ammo pack as well.

The way I see it, if I help them out when they need it they are likely more inclined to help me at a later point should I need it.
    • Up x 1
  10. Pacster3

If someone forget that this is a team game then I can forget that he is in my team. Happens. ;-)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.