"Not in my squad... not my problem."

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gustavo M, Sep 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pacster3

You work with the game mechanics. If someone behaves like an idiot and you can't teach him a smart lesson(cause the game doesn't allow you)...do it like an idiot. Works. ;-)
  2. FateJH

That's not being instructive. That's being a jerk.
    • Up x 2
  3. Skraggz

All this selfishness and elitist crap in this post and people (even the op....) wonder why noobs don't stick around. Here's your sign.
  4. Twin Suns

Bwahahahaha!!!

The shame police.

Shame!...shame!...shame!

There's no strings on me.

In the words of Toni Tony Tone -"it feels good..*snaps fingers*..it feels good....".

Now label me a "try hard" and you'll make my day.
    • Up x 1
  5. Gustavo M

Again, I'm not condemning teamplay -- but players who forces/demands randoms to do what s/he wants. Instead of inviting said randoms to a squad and do some (proper) teamplay. And there's nothing egocentric on that.
    Don't blame on randoms for your lack of choices/capabilities/skill. As simple as that.
    And players like this guy...
    ...is why this thread exists.
    • Up x 2
  6. Twin Suns

I'm of the understanding it's not the player you can pickup in 2 seconds that bothers you. I have no doubt you pick those players up. ;)

It's the shadows that won't leave you alone sometimes. I can understand killer and I don't think any less of you for it.

Respect.

o7
    • Up x 1
  7. Gustavo M

It's not about playing solo or not -- but more like "You have no idea what that random player is doing or is willing to do -- please don't mess up with his/her game. Unless that random player is willing to join your group and follow you around." That's all.
    • Up x 1
  8. Twin Suns

Understood.

Happy Hunting.

o7
  9. Skraggz

I was pointing out how the OP rather point to others and blame them for running of newbs, but sure, toxic as always. Seriously doubt you are a try hard, seem to lack a quality for achieving things.
    • Up x 1
  10. Twin Suns

Under achiever.

Cool, thanks for the label.

o7
  11. AlcyoneSerene

On the topic title of "Not in my squad... not my problem" I've moved to permanently ignore players who:

1. threaten to TK randoms over voice comms for not following their demands: ex. from last night to friendly VS "get out of spawn or I'll start shooting you with my shotgun"
    2. blaming gunners for their own piloting/driving failures over voice comms. ex. harasser drives me between 3 enemy tanks and stops, I manage to fire 2 halberd shots at one tank, we get vaporized instantly, get blamed for not firing on the one he wants (without instruction cause we're all psychic) and for not paying attention
    3. dump randoms by locking vehicle in dangerous locations. ex.I got TKed from a lib last night that locked from high up without as much as an apology
    • Up x 1
  12. Gustavo M

So asking the community to stop blaming on randoms, and instead invite said randoms to a squad for proper teamplay makes me toxic? Uh... okay, then. *shrug
  13. Twin Suns

Probably referring to me. Not you.

No worries *taps* chest, Nanoweave armor. ;)
  14. Skraggz

Twin is correct that comment was not directed to you
  15. PlanetBound

Just curious. Why are you playing support class?
  16. JibbaJabba

Pretty sure this whole post is a try hard post. Now you get to try hard to pretend you're right when everyone called you out. Go on, do it. Be sassy about it too.
  17. Gustavo M

Because I like playing support classes. Which doesn't mean that I have to lick your shoes and everyone else's 24/7. Unless if you invite me to join your squad -- then It's another story.
    I mean, if you pass in front of me while I'm doing (whatever) and you are not in my squad... you are a random person. I don't know you, I don't know your intentions, I don't know your ideas, I don't know absolutely nothing about you. At the same time... I'm also a random person, to you. Which means, if I'm attempting to get a shot at a enemy sniper player who is about to plink our heads while you are spamming voice macros to heal/give you ammo -- I won't obey to your demands. You can spam, shoot at me or even kill me as much as you want -- there's a enemy sniper right on that corner and I'm gonna kill him. Even if it takes me to kill him while you are shooting at me, unaware of the enemy sniper's presence. Hell, even if I'm not busy at all... you are a random person. You have no significance whatsoever to me. You are just a passerby. Even if the game tells me that we are on the same empire -- which doesn't make me forced to support you.
    "Oh, but we could lose a crucial spot!Even a base if you don't support us!".What gives? I could also stop playing the game and play something else... making "our glorious empire" much weaker while I'm playing another game. What are you gonna do about it? Get to where I'm living IRL and stab me because I should be playing the same game as you? "Not in my squad... not my problem."
    tl;dr: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Random Person
  18. Twin Suns

What was I right about???

I didn't know I had a dog in this fight(argy bargy)?

Anyhoot, 2 peas in a bucket....
  19. Pacster3

And this thread proves pretty much that it works...cause it bothers you. That's great. ;-)
  20. JibbaJabba

I confused you with the OP. Mispost. My bad.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.