DEVS! any word on the new implants?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Liewec123, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Liewec123

as the title says!

during the A.S.P livestream (nearly a month ago!)
    the devs teased us with a quick scroll-through of the Implant window, what we saw was this:
    [IMG]

personally this interests me waaaaay more than the A.S.P or construction changes,
    and i was wondering if we could get any word on these new implants and their function!

i know i should probably be posting this on the real PS2 forums (reddit) were someone like Wrel
    might see it, but can any of our official forum devs throw us a juicy carrot of info? :p
    don't let Wrel have all of the hype-brewing fun! :D

i'm especially interested in "Broodmother" which has me thinking about a tiny NPC army,
    and also "Salvage", because why wouldn't i get excited about the first class-specific implant for max!
    • Up x 1
  2. Gustavo M

I'm not a dev but I'm fairly sure the "Broodmother" implant will transform the player into a spawn beacon for friendlies inside the hex to spawn at.
    "Mobility mesh" is a HA-restricted implant; so I think it's something regarding the overshield movement penalty.
    "Salvage" is a MAX-restricted implant... so I guess it's a "health gain on kill" stuff.
    "Electrotech" is a engy-restricted implant... hmmm maybe it'll allow the engy's repair gun to deal damage against (everything)?
    "Gunslinger" is a "on kill" implant, which will buff secondaries reload speed and weapon swap. I think Wrel has spoiled this one on (another) stream.
    "Firestorm" is another "on kill" implant which will buff weapon RoF.
    "Firewall" suggests a implant that blocks and (maybe) damages back?
    "Paratrooper" is a LA-restricted implant and it suggests something falling slowly... so (maybe) it'll allow the LA to fall slower compared to other classes? (duh)
    "Mending field" will allow the medic shield bubble to also heal. It has been spoiled somewhere.
    "Cutpurse" suggests something sneaky/hidden... or maybe (ninja)? Maybe a (very fast) cloak or something when the player gets shot. That, or a (very fast) cloak when performing quick melee attacks.
    "Survivalist" suggests the use of natural resources or (natural) ways to adapt. So maybe a (instant, very slow) health regen when the player is standing still and (also) crouching.
    • Up x 1
  3. Liewec123

i like a lot of your ideas and actually had the same idea for many of them,
    mending field was quite obvious from the icon of the shield regen device and the little healing symbols around it XD
    agreed about salvage proooobably being an on kill health gain thing
    (which would be a game changer as it would give maxes a self heal besides the terrible Emergency Repair (i won't count NAR since Flak is mandatory)
    although! the icon being the max logo shattered makes me think it might also be something involving
    regaining resources when your max is destroyed.
    it'd be lovely if it was "if you die within 2 minutes of spawning, reclaim 300 nanites." :D

you missed Fortify though! :p
    i'd like the idea of "gain X damage reduction while stationary"
    (kicking in after several seconds stationary and cancelling if you move.)
  4. Pacster3

"Paratrooper" is a LA-restricted implant and it suggests something falling slowly... so (maybe) it'll allow the LA to fall slower compared to other classes? (duh)

Or maybe you can just shoot more accurate while using the jetpack. Paratrooper would mean that you are trained to shoot while falling.

It pretty much depends on whether they want to add new ways of interaction or not. Could as well give you the option to call in some boxes on parachutes to fill up your c4/grens. With cutpurse you could for example steal the reload magazines from targets.

Given the long list of new implants it definitely is no good idea to buy any right now.
  5. Campagne

Oh boy, another host of implants to waste all my hard-earned certs on and not get and ultimately never use anyway.

Better make this set cost 10k certs too, I might be able to unlock something without spending any money on it. :rolleyes:
  6. Roxxlyy Community Relations

No "spoilers" from me, but expect them to pop up within the next patch (or two)!
    • Up x 5
  7. Halkesh

So, in 2 or 4 months. Devs sure know how to build up suspense.
  8. Gushroom

Please make all cloaking implants infil only.... i mean you dont see infils having minor nano mesh shield....
  9. Coliax

Totally feel the same. As a defensive player i'm really curious about the implant "Fortify"
    • Up x 1
  10. Liewec123

and take ammo implant away from all of you snipers, right? because engies resupply! :p
    • Up x 1
  11. Gushroom

haha fair point man, but i mean infil dont have mana turret.. i guess ammo pack is more like the recon dart. And all veichels have radar and i think there is an implant for it too??
  12. Luicanus

It's not just that but the healing implant emulates the effect of medics, and Catlike 5 increases mobility emulating the greater mobility that LAs get.

None of these are as good as the abilities they emulate but IMO Minor Cloak is the least useful. You can only really use it in defence. Sure I've enjoyed it but it's a gimmick playstyle. Healing, Ammo, and Catlike get used all the time by people who have them.