Supernova VPC seems kinda Useless

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kerros, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Kerros

So a bunch of infantry were around a certain area, so I decided to grab my Magrider and head on over to a spot where I could get a few kills. Isn't this thing supposed to be anti-infantry? The Splash damage is terrible! I tried shooting next to a person (little less then a meter) and their shield didn't even proxy! The only way I can kill an infantry is if I hit them square on.

So....Why shouldn't I just use the FPC or HESH which has a higher velocity rate and less drop off? I've had an easier time killing infantry with them then this supposed "anti-infantry" plasma cannon.
  2. Halkesh

Devs nerfhammer was here.
    Use python hesh if you want to OHK with splash.

If you have a gunner, you can combo PPA and VPC for instant splash kill (800+250).
    You can also use plasma cannon, it reload 0,5 sec faster and is a two splash kill too. (but deal 500 instead of 800).
  3. Prudentia

The higher Drop IS the only reason to use VPC. it makes it easier to get splash damage hits as the projectile will hit the ground at a less steep angle so your aim being off a bit will have less relative impact at range compared to a high velocity round.
    aside from that the PC is superior in every regard.
  4. frozen north

It used to have the same splash damage as the NC vanguards hesh cannon, but the VPC also had the VS reload advantage. It was by far the best anti infantry tank cannon, bar none at the time.

Now...

Now its not exactly worth using.
  5. Halkesh

I think devs should buff VPC to 1050@1m and buff titan HESH inner splash radius to compensate from it's lower RoF.
  6. LtBomber1

Just increase the inner splash radius to 3.5m and the outer one to 6m.

That is asymmetrical balance!
    Prowler: Two rapid shots per medium-fast reload, can doublesplash, can two times 1HK.
    Vanguard: One shell, slow reload, can kill with splash
    Magrider: Single shell, fastest reload, need double splash, bettere AoE
    • Up x 1