I am speachless...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DIGGSAN0, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Zak Preston

Chill, I sounded DBG's point of view...
  2. WarCannon9000

The thing is i can understand more content and a system for vet players, but i cannot understand how this will improve the overall gameplay. The grind it takes to get BR100 is pretty hardcore without a membership. I can see this frustrating new players instead of giving them a reason to push to BR100 due to how long it takes. The game needs more than just a system for vets, what will happen if lower BR players just quit and all that is left is the vets? What about the faction pop issue and the fact i think they need to revamp the faction ( VS more than the other two ) and provide more balance changes. I am not crying over this but just trying to make a simple point, maybe this was added too soon. But then again it is the vets who have given them time and membership sales, not those who bought nothing but DB cash and given time. So i guess we wait and see how this works out?
  3. Zak Preston

What do you mean by saying VS needs a revamp?
  4. ZDarkShadowsZ

When watching the livestream, I have to admit, my first thought was, 'What about the new players?'. If I was a new player and I saw an Engineer running around with an LMG, my first thought would be, 'How come I don't have access to that?'

I can see where they're going with the system, it's been on the shelf for about 3 years now. I like the universal benefits. Around 25 - 40 nanites or so on some vehicles isn't that big of a deal, but it's still nice to have. It's less noticeable by new players and it's still a benefit.

Personally the only things that really interest me is AR's for Engineer because I'm a terrible medic and only play it for the weapons, now I get to unlock them for my most played class and never look at medic again... which could be seen as a bad thing since many other players do similar, and will equate to less medics on the field. Additionally the percentage off the ANT and Sunderer aren't too bad because they're my two most favourite vehicles in the game and the nanite reduction, even though it's small, is still nice to have. Otherwise I'd go for talker Infiltrator with sticky grenades and grenade bandolier, because why the hell not.
  5. AtckAtck

Well... I just logged into the game, just to do a quick check if they really did go through with the 10.000 cert unlock.
    Yeah, they did. It's not like i couldn't buy it, i am well near the 10k certs. But i was hoping that this cost would be an elaborate aprils fools joke. The most expensive thing to buy so far was the "no-helmet" helmet that would have been 5000 certs. This is costly enough i think, but double it? What the hell. This is all i can store cert wise. I hate having no buffer if you decide to bring something else new out that i want. I don't even know if i am angry about this decision or just stunned by it. This is a mega smack into the face of your free to play population.
    I like this game, i really do. But sorry to say this, the membership is not worth it if you only play planetside from this company.
    So i will never become a member, and trying to force me to buy a memberhsip or "pay all you have in your account" is just plain lame. So i will probably pay the 10k just to show you that it does not work. I spit on this coercive method getting players to buy membership.
    • Up x 4
  6. Pacster3

I'm at BR119. No idea what it does for me to go to 120 now. Or why anyone should want to go beyond BR100 now. It's a bit odd that you had reached max BR100...and that was it. Then it gets lifted to BR120. And now those additional 20 were for nothing again. Why didn't they stick with the 100 there right away?
    It all feels like a huge fail. Let's not forget that now you can sink certs into grens that you can't even use(without ASP)...but get NO WARNING at all. How shall a new player know that? Did anyone actually think about what they are doing there and that it's going to be near impossible to revert?

Pretty much feels like this will sink the ship and they hope to make money no matter what as long as they still can. I would right now not invest a cent into ASP at this point. Rather wait if the game will still be running in a couple of months(with decisions like this it's pretty unlikely). I don't see how this can attract new players...and that's what the game needs. Not more P2W for veterans.

Next thing on the list: Making constructions(and every single cert you spent on them) useless by taking Hives out of the game. Go ahead DBG...you can do it.
  7. Chrisjons

Its a member benefit, and if you really like this game, why dont you support it with membership ?, and if you hardly ever play, why does it even matter if you have the asp skill or not, there is so many other things in this game to spend your certs on and have fun with.
    • Up x 1
  8. AtckAtck

I did not say that i hardly ever Play, where did you get that from? I Play a lot actually. I have unlocked a lot already. The System is for the vets and i am a vet.
    Why not Support it? Simple answer. Too expensive for what you get..
    I am not 18 you know i can see when i pay to much, i can Control my buying Impulse and i am pretty grind resistant. Which i a must if you Play f2p well past br120 already.
    It is not that i couldn't afford it, it is about not wanting to afford it. The Membership bonuses are crap and expensive, now shoving me a 10000 cert cost into the face really doesn't make it more attractive...
  9. Chrisjons

i said IF you hardly ever played.

Its not expensive, it is just a small fee to support the game, and get some small benefits without making the free players go totally nuts.

Besides 10000 certs is nothing for end game vet players, i kinda wish they implemented more 10000 cert special items into the game, so there was something special to spend your certs on.
  10. AtckAtck

It is not nothing for f2p Player, it all i can store. 10k certs is exactly the hard cap for f2p Players.
    I don't mind spending 10k certs, if i could store more. I already gained over 350000 certs in my playtime, but never could i have more than 10k. It is just morally not right to set a cost exactly at the hard cap.
  11. Chrisjons

Okay, i didnt know there was a hardcap at 10000 for free to play, that should be set heigher in light of the new changes, no reason to keep it at 10000.
  12. Bansheedragon75

Even if they were to increase the cap I think 10.000 certs is way too much.
    If you ask me they should both reduce the cost to 5.000 and increase the cap, I would set the cap to 25.000.

I'm curious though, as a member you dont have that cap(not sure if there is one, but what would happen if you have more than 10.000 certs and then drop your subscription?
    Would you lose the certs over 10.000 or would you just not be able to earn more until you are below 10.000 again?
  13. 0fly0

At least you're close to the 10k certs... I just buy a lot of thing in game recently and didn't get the time to cert up the 10k before the update (guess that's why this update come live even before the test on pts, gotta grab the cash fast!).

I already spend something like 80-100 $ in this game (cosmetic) and really don't like to buy stuff other than with cert, so the joke about the 10k cert and member free access really scratch me off ( made me log off after watching the unchanged price).

First i was thinking about just buying the membership and use cash in cosmetic like i usually do but wtf 15 $ membership for 500 DB cash, any helmet 700 DB and new armor at 900 DB.

Funny how it work, you see if it was 1k cert to unlock the ASP system i would have buy the zealot armor and a new helmet for playing my new engi (20$ for daybreak) because i don't have good cosmetic for this class yet, instead i don't want to feel rip off, log off and gonna go buy a game on steam and not playing planetside the time i can cool off this massive cash grab...
  14. Chrisjons

Dont know what the cap is, i just spend my certs on random stuff, making certs is to easy as a member, so it doesnt really matter much, i already unlocked everything i wanted years ago.
  15. AtckAtck

So i went through with it, spend my certs. Feeling quite poor now going directly to Zero...
    Nevertheless no money from me for daybreak and with prices, rewards and this kind of selling tactics that will never change.
    They would get more players to spend money if the prices where somewhat near reasonable.
    • Up x 1
  16. frozen north

A while back, I did some rough math to try and calculate how long it would take to achieve ASP's cert demand, particularly for a non-member player.

Generally speaking, the maximum average earning rate that can be expected from non membership player is around 100 certs and hour.

At that rate, it would take exactly 100 hours of gameplay, without making a single other unlock or purchase, to be able to start ASP. If we assume an average play rate of 2 hours a day ( my average limit for a single play session), that means it would take 50 days to complete. For a better measure, that means just slightly over 7 weeks.

Perhaps this is just me, but trying to play for nearly 2 months straight without unlocking a single thing, and only playing for the goal of maximum cert earnings really does not sit well with me.
    • Up x 4
  17. CplRDaWiggy

Preach the truth and it shall set you free.

It really is a cash grab. One that will appeal to those who love the game, but will serve as a huge red flag to newer players. Game needs vets to keep it floating, but without fresh hands to steady it, it will sink.
    • Up x 2
  18. JadeSinn

your wrong about your math. thats an above avrage players avrage make. an avrage and below avrage player will make 100-150 in a day. not an hour. re doo your math

its going to take players mounths even years to acheve ASP and thats just to reach the level to unlock it. thats not including the fact that 10k certs is way to much to start with. you spend all that time grinding out the levels nad then grinding out the certs just to be dumped back at 0 the whole time avoiding upgrades for air or ground vehicles and also avoiding upgrades ofr infintry just so you can unlock the ASP and then you have to grind it all back up again just to unlock the 5 perk points ? its a waist of time and game play.

i rather go grind overwatches comp match inorder to get a gold weapon. atleast there i dont have to pay for anything inorder to get things i want
  19. JadeSinn

not even vets are going to stay for this ****. real people with real brains are going to leave. the only people that are going to stick around are the morons that think this games going to change and the teams going to do something good to it. the people with brains are not. there going to walk away go to games that are not gient cash grabs and P2W and play them insted.

i my self will play from time to time. but i will not be playing the long hours i have been playing in the past. im done geting ****** by the devs in this game. the bad press is comeing. daybreak better listen to it. or there going to doom there own game.
  20. faemis

I'm Baffled how they are just casually ignoring players to forward their own thought up updates, ignore bug and just throw it into live server. Who the hell does that? I'm a long time player and won't be able to experience the ASP system because well..I'm not a br100 person. Never bought a member ship, never will. I don't play games that have P2W aspects into it. Daybreak shot themselves in the foot with this update. I was going to log in today but I rather just take a raincheck.