Liberator vs ESF needs some work

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by adamts01, Mar 28, 2018.

1. adamts01

That's just not true. Walker/Shredder Libs have always been viable, and they're in a much better place than they were pre-CAI. Just consider the new Vector for example. Samve velocity and accuracy as the needler. 50% more damage per mag, no damage falloff, dps in-between stock and long range ESF guns, and you can aim just like a turret, all on a considerably tougher platform with a tail gunner with tracking missiles. That thing wrecks, and I've never, not once, felt the need to run from a 1v1 with any single ESF since CAI. And you're also completely ignoring the belly armor buff against noseguns I'm proposing, which would help good Lib pilots as they point their belly guns towards the bad guys, and also while retreating upside down.
  2. DQCraze

Im finding the sky paladin the best to use, since composite isnt what it used to be, the FS/NAR/Racer. Also running Vector/Shredder/Walker
    • Up x 1
  3. Syllabear

Bump to this, they are kings in the sky, in the ground... everywhere.

Hunting one between various reavers, they one shootem most of us and finished with their bullets. They are so fast and o tanky its pathetic, when they are about to smoke just land and repair with 3 engineers and repeat xDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Could spend all my tomcats misiles that they wont ******* die. That if they give u time to lock on because they just rush u to crash or 1 shoot with their belly xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Cant balance a game, cant fix a bug for over 2 years... guys wtf please????
  4. Syllabear

This is the same story, people in charge wont play their own game and just throw ******** at the game without being able to balance anything.
  5. adamts01

I don't think that's the exact case here. They do play their game, those people just don't play air. Or they know flak is broken and they'd rather keep the 98% of ground players happy and let the 2% of people who fly just deal with it.

The other issue is that plenty of people who know better have seen air be OP for so long, that they're fine with a broken system if it means air is on the receiving end of it, which is a ****** up outlook if you care about this game's success. Every time you mention a change to help air where it needs it, they bring up something air did to them 2 years ago, like some ****** girlfriend would do.
  6. Halkesh

Source : 29 march PTS patchnote.

IMO it's a good change for the air to ground balance : liberator was too tanky against non-flak damage due to it's belly armor and too vulnerable to flak.
    With that 25% reduced damage from flak and the afterburner, ranger won't be a cheesy weapon against liberator.

Any idea on how it will change liberator vs ESF balance ?
  7. adamts01

Terrible change for A2A. The Lib will be less survivable in A2A, but I still like the idea of having to out-maneuver a Lib to get top shots, not just mindlessly plink it till it dies. I don't like it. Someone else mentioned the problem of Libs out-repping ESF, which my proposal would fix as well. I finally managed to set a Lib on fire, it landed, then a repair grenade and 3 Engineers with Flak Armor were able to get it up to full health against my LOLpods. That really is a problem.

This flak nerf is good for A2G. It lets ESF still contribute until flak is pulled, then the A2G aircraft take over.

On another note, the pistol changes look awesome. No dps changes, just huge accuracy buffs, which pistols desperately needed. And the Commissioner nerf isn't overboard.
  8. Prudentia

thats a great change so that at late night a single lib will now be able to destroy absolutely everything on the ground with even less threat from ground based AA. so every 10v10 fight at 2am will now consist of half the people leaving the fight to pull an ESF to shoot down the lib and then throw them away and pull new sundies because in the meantime the lib cleared the board...
  9. adamts01

This is a considerable buff to Walkers and Basilisks. 50% damage reduction down to 20% is huge. Flak needed a nerf, and direct fire needed a buff. This sounds like a great change.