REMOVE NO-DEPLOY SUNDERRER ZONE

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dovaal, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Dovaal

Jesus ******* Christ devs REMOVE YOUR ******* NO-DEPLOY SUNDERRER ZONES!!!!!!11
    Dahaka, Eisa Mountain and ******* ******** of zones ******* UNDEDFENDABLE!!!
    WHAT THE **** ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT IDIOTS?????
    :mad: :mad:
    • Up x 2
  2. T.A.94

They will read it but don't care, since defenders should have the same disadvantages as attackers.
  3. OldMaster80

No Deploy Zone for defenders is a big meh.
    • Up x 1
  4. GenTech4

Defenders aren't supposed to be successful as it "breaks the flow of gameplay".
  5. Halkesh

I'm fine with Non-Deploy Zone for defender team. The only problem is that sometime often, the NDZ don't fit well with the base : devs should rework NDZ base per base.
  6. Liewec123

While I disagree with the way that you say it,
    You are absolutely 100% correct, it was a TERRIBLE decision, one of the worst that they've ever made.

And what makes me even more frustrated is that they had it on PTS for 6 months, and for 6 months we screamed "DON'T DO IT!" And warned what would happen if they did...
    But of course they totally ignored us and did it anyway.

3 things happened on that day in november.
    1. they deliberately made the game worse, despite 6 months of warning.
    2. I lost all faith in the dev team.
    3. I cancelled my subscription and decided that I won't be paying another penny.

REVERT YOUR MISTAKE DBG.
    • Up x 1
  7. CplRDaWiggy

There are some bases that have odd NDZ while also offering bizarre placement of capture points, to the extent that it would seem whomever designed them had a bit of a hangover.

That said, giving defenders too many advantages would restrict aspects of the gameplay, forcing more stalemates and thus creating a scenario of over pop which is just never particularly fun. Dying due to render issues is not fun for either defenders or attackers.
  8. Valenz

I still remember the day I made the Enclave cry with my defense sunderer at Pale Canyon.

That was a good day.
    • Up x 1
  9. Makora

I am actually pleased that defenders are also affected by NDZ's. It was moronic that sunderers could be deployed on points when it clearly wasn't intended. But the problem now is the issue of bases. The majority of bases are built rather... questionably. With some bases essentially facing the wrong way (the closer to a warpgate you get, the more defender friendly the base should be) and the rather strange need to place spawn rooms essentially OUTSIDE of the base perimeter, thus promoting the "need" for sunderers on points.

In fact, I wish DBG could of rethought their strategy back in SoE days and ween the game off of the absolute need for swarms of sunderers. Or at the very least make them expensive enough in both certs and resources to be considered an investment on par a fully certed MBT and thus not something you just plonk down at every corner because 200 resources is nothing and AMS is for free.
    • Up x 1