What are you doing to VS?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Senpai, Dec 13, 2017.

1. chamks

what is UA?
  2. LordKrelas

Unstable Ammunition.
    It came with the Canis, as an Ammo type.
  3. Lizare

The Mag isn't a mountain goat, it's a fat turtle made of paper who like to end upside down.

That's what happened too often when you want to use the "all ground" ability of the mag (at around 43s):

And that is what a racer prowler can do:

I used to do a lot of mag battles with a friend 1 year ago.

To win against another mbt, we had to repeat the "shot/hide/repair/move" actions at around 200m, when we were not against experienced teams it was pretty effective, since they were here waiting for us without bothering themself to repair their tank, else = RUN AWAY!

Against a good vanguard team there was only one thing to do = RUN AWAY! as fast and as far as possible.
    Against a good prowler team there was a chance to win when we were able to take their back by surprise (stealth lv max).

The strong points of the mag are Imo:
    It's easy to move and shoot since everything is smooth except if you hurt something.
    Its ability to move easily in the sloping areas and to reach a few places inaccessible to the other mbt.
    Its ability to reach the 99 kph for up to 1s regardless its original speed each 20s (on flat ground and with magburner level max), life saver against the fairies.

The weak points:
    It has the lowest, top speed, damages, muzzle velocity, health (with the prowler) of the 3 mbt.
    If an harasser take your back, you are dead, there's absolutely no way to survive because the harasser is under the mag, no way to hit it.
    The fixed main cannon mean that you can only shoot thing in front of you, so you cannot flee and shoot.
    Its real capacity to climb is far below its reputation.
    The mag seems to be made of paper, it usually lose health when it hits something and has an incredible ability to explode without reason when you're not on a flat ground.
    Its unique ability "magburner" isn't useless but isn't better than the 2 generic ones, unlike to the Forward Vanguard Shield/Anchored Mode who are a "must have" for the 2 other mbt.

And that's why we moved from the mag to the harasser and I changed my anti tank mag for an anti infantry mag (didn't tried it since the last nerf anyway ^^).
    • Up x 2
  4. LtBomber1

Aiming center mass on a Mag facing you makes it impossible to miss with any tank gun up to 150m. The accelleration of the Mag is too slow to effectivly dogde tank shells on normal combat distance. Further away it is possible, but so it is for all tanks.

Center mass is allways visible, as the main gun is attached to it.
  5. LordKrelas

I want you to recall that sentence is if the Magrider could also fire at the range where it is most effective with its agility.
    IE IF the Magrider had better gravity & \ or velocity equal to the others, it would be pointless to enter that range where it could be hit.

Like sweet jesus.
    I say why the Magrider doesn't have a better ability to fire at range, and You act as if I said it presently is able to dodge at all ranges..

Or do you not know you just said they have an evasive advantage, that is specifically godly past 150 meters.
    Which if you line up with What the **** my post says, Is exactly why it does not have the stated velocity or gravity as I said it lacks.

You do not see me say ever, that the Magrider's evasive capability isn't a factor of distance.
    In fact, I state it is a factor of distance.
    what is 150 meters.
    Distance.

***** sake.
  6. LtBomber1

[Ignoring swearing (untypical for you)]
    Your formulation was irritating, without complete context is was just...wrong.
    I just stated that the Mag is NOT better at any ranges. At 150m ++ any tank can dodge any shot, and below every tank can hit.

There is no range where the Mag is most effective with its agility.
    Since the Mag is about to lose closer distances more likely (Prowler DPS/Vanguard health) why not give it an advantage at ranges?
  7. LordKrelas

I am having a long night, and someone elsewhere drove me up a wall a bit, my apologies.

The Magrider can take an open-field and be unpredictable.
    The Magrider does not have 2 set directions of travel, it can go in any direction.
    You have an easier time hitting the larger Vanguard \ Prowler than a curved hull.

As well, the magrider's strafing scales with distance.
    If the Magrider had offensive advantage at a distance, while having this..
    You'd have the accuracy of the other two, with the increased agility.

Only a good shot that can keep their shot on dead-center on a target capable of unpredictable motion that is curved & smaller than the other two tanks, will hit that magrider.

A Prowler or Vanguard, can move forward or backwards.
    A Magrider is not this limited.
    At a distance, the Magrider's strafing is greater not equal to two-directions of motion.
    • Up x 1
  8. Bloodlock

Magrider is just a floating turtle... even the turn speed is limited... strafe speed is slow... a harasser can easily out turn it to stay away from it's main gun sight... and VS turrets aren't a Vulkan you know... other tanks can run fast in one direction while aiming to another... and their turrests turns fast... Mag can dodge stuff from distance, as any other tank can do... but at close range, with it's paper armor... it's just a bonus frag...
  9. LordKrelas

A harasser is incredibly murderous.
    Against Magriders, more so, just since it can be stuck under it.
    But that's more so a design flaw for the latter, and the former is a design flaw for the Harasser: IE harasser is brutal against MBTs.

Magriders can dodge with unpredictable motion.
    Vanguards & prowlers have two exact directions easily seen from a distance.

The Turret is a double-edged sword, as is the embedded gun for the Magrider.

The Magrider has the same armor & health as the prowler.
    The only tank with "more" or "Less" health is the Vanguard, as it is the only tank not using the same armor & health as the other MBTs.

A 'Turtle' is usually a slower durable construct: Vanguard fits that better.
    Agile 'Glass' Cannon, if you wish to call it fragile fits the Magrider much better.
  10. LtBomber1

True,
    ...but only the sidewards motion can be used to doge efficently, and if there is a sidewards facing or slightly angled (up to 44° to make hits count as frontal ones) hull of a Prowler / Vanguard, it has even more accelaration than the Mag.

The unusual form of the Mags hull may irritate at first, but in total just aiming for the gun makes it easy to hit. Most people however try to aim at the upper part, and this one is actually hart to hit, since it is smaller, and additionally can tilt away, depending on the terrain.

I had a brilliant fight with a vanguard:
    Me in a Mag dodging sideways on a plateau, the Vanguard in open field distance around 200m. Instead of doing the usual mistake and facing me granting me predictable hits, he turned his side to me and start dogding, while shooting me. After some time shelling each other both got buring, and i retreated back into safty, bacause i didnt want to kill trade.

The power of dogding is easy to be done in a Mag, but it is not unique. However the Mag can not trade his dogding for more power. Since by numbers the Mag is the weakest, it needs dogding and people that cant deal with it to stay competetive.
  11. LordKrelas

I like my Magrider just for this agility.
    Only the truly experienced is gonna be able to land the shot.

Now for speed, I can see why the Magrider doesn't have it - Since it would make it even easier to dodge infantry AV, and enchance the evasion ability in open terrain let alone at a distance.
    -- But also so it would be less likely to accidentally ram every ******* rock.

The thing is, you must keep that shot on point, get the range right, so you lead to that as well, and pray it doesn't magburn.
    Or anything possibly throw off the shot.

How exactly dodging is exposing the largest possible side to the Magrider with the newer enhanced reloading speed, risking a rear shot that would easily kill him even faster... I don't know.
    What I find more comic, is that both tanks burned -- as you should know, that Vanguard has many many seconds longer of a repair time than you.
    At full repair for the magrider, he ain't even close.

The level of dodging and how it is done is the unique: As it is the only tank capable of fighting like infantry.
    A Magrider closes the distance, to reduce the difficulty of landing their own shots by reducing the issue of the gravity & velocity trouble.
    If it had a longer range before these kick in, you'd see magriders at even further distances, or simply at similar ranges, but able to more effectively hit the much larger vanguards & prowlers.

By Numbers, the Magrider should rank last in tanks due to the severity of the numeric difference.
    The fact that it does not, means the tank isn't at all equal to the other two MBTs.
    And since it isn't also well well below their scores with the numeric difference hammering it down further.. It can not logically be inferior.
    Math states this.
    The Inferior or equal at less, can not match the equal or superior with more.
    If "A" with "5" nearly beats or beats "B" whom has "25", for each of "A", there is "5" of "B" needed at the least.
    That is a 5:1 ratio, in favor of "B", to make equal or beat "A"

I never understand the logic behind calling the Magrider less, when it is either equal or superior by math alone.
    After all, either the Magrider is effective, or the difficulty of landing hits on it as infantry & Vehicles adds up to a lot more than sane.
    • Up x 1
  12. Corezer

Title:
    What are you doing to [the] VS [faction]

Source of topic:
    One recently introduced weapon being called OP by DBG reps/devs

Vanu already win the majority of alerts, but you're telling me the lynchpin of the Vanu offensive, and the bulwark of the Vanu defense, is a weapon that was introduced literally days ago?

bro, u sound so salty, get over it.

Like I haven't even been on in a while, IDK how OP or not the Canis is, but nerfing it ain't all that, you're just cracked.
    • Up x 1
  13. LtBomber1

Math is not applied using all variables. Usually it is creating a scenario:
    Flat surface, itentical cover, perfect accuarty, same skill, etc... By this, the Mag is inferior, since it has neither the staying power of the Vanuard, jet the dps of the Prowler and its mobility is useless

Those hard numbers are soften up however by circumstances, skill, experience, luck, things, you can not put into numbers. This softening effect is hulling the base numbers like half a gaussian curve, defining skill floor and celling (celling identical to perfection). One can argue that this shift is beneficial for the Mag.

While most soft numbers are player dependant, the limit of perfection are still the hard numbers. A perfect pilot in NC/TR MBT will allways beat the Mag. The mag can only hold his ground due to the fact that the skill celling for TR/NC is harder to reach.

In my opinion the devs are screwing up "balance" for the VPC in order to make things equal. Equal and balanced are two very very diffrent things...
    The equality is based on personal preferences, balance is objective. One will never come to the idea that a good sports team is allowed to field less people, because they have more training than the bad ones.
  14. LordKrelas

Well given that unless the Magrider is mystically avoiding the situations where it can't work, while the Prowler & Vanguard somehow are only in the situations where they barely work, the Magrider with less Tanks should be listed as heavily heavily screwed by the sheer lack of tanks in comparison for any result.

In an open field, a Magrider can still strafe, allowing it to avoid any infantry based AV fired upon it, reducing any chip damage.
    In the same situation, the Prowler & Vanguard take nearly every shot from infantry AV.
    In an identical situation for each vehicle, each has a failing, and a success story.
    The "Staying Power" of the Vanguard is a Shield that literally requires perfect timing, and an enemy that commits to a face-tank.
    The Prowler has DPS, yup.
    But the reload of that Prowler has gone to the Magrider, via the CAI - This means the Magrider reloads damn fast.

The Vanguard's entire durability is reliant on a shield that has a duration.
    The Vanguard's entire durability of today is also paired with the longest recovery period for both shield & repairs.

A perfect operator for a Prowler or Vanguard, in the most optimal situation, with the Magrider not in it's own element.
    A Magrider, with the least number of tanks, holding ground stat-wise, against an incredible difference in numbers.
    Is being called inferior.

I am not even gonna be touching that change - I will imagine however around it.
    I can imagine why they'd get those numbers a bit, but it's from the infantry AV, and the much reduced threat of infantry AV on the magrider, not the actual weapon itself being grand or better.
    I don't agree nor see a point in the change, given I doubt that will be practical or worth doing.

If a sports team however with less people bested two teams of greater numbers, with the same skill sets & levels, just different equipment..
    One would not assume the smaller team was inferior.
    But we do often with the Magrider.. and VS gear in general.
    Sure, Prowlers are bloody brutal - which also high-lights this.

A swarm of prowlers, even with the old Gate-Keeper, and VS was still with less Magriders not being so far below 0 to be not funny.

Side note: For some reason, my text is automatically getting italics at near random.
    What bloody forum software is this..
  15. Humoreske

OK, let 's exchange Scythe with Gladius!
  16. LtBomber1

By just raw numbers, Vanguard (more HP + shield) and Prowler (more dps and anchor) are stronger under perfect conditions than the Mag (Mobility, worth nothing in the range of 150m under optimal conditions).

So if a smaller team with worse equipment is doing better than the others, maybe their skill in said eqipment is just higher? I even go forward and say in direct tank to tank combat, a mag can only win if the opponent makes a mistake.

You are right: Mag can dogde some infantry based AV at closer ranges. This may open up more chances to fire back at the infantry. But honestly, the Mag should not be that close (LA C4 insta kill, tunnel vision, huge turing radius, and how frustrated one must be to charge a AI tank with close range Infantry AV? It would need multiple hits regardless of the tank...
  17. Prudentia

No the mag is not the smallest tank, it's the biggest one by far.

No the mag can not dodge in all 4 directions, unlike the mag, the prowler, vanguard and lightning shoot with a cannon and not a mortar, so only left and right doges are viable. the only time the mag can dodge in 2 axis at once is when you are sitting on a hill and the mag is on the upwards slope of the next hill, which also puts you out of it's elevation range.
    and really for enemies behind you in a mag, i've bound the same mouse buttons i use for aircraft pitching to vehicle look left/right as thats the only way you can have any chance to return fire against a threat from behind. due to the acceleration applied to the turning speed with the mag it's just impossible to dodo it with dragging the mouse 5 times over the pad.
  18. freeAmerish

VS must understand, gras is greener... evidence for this was always, when oracle of death was online Magrider had the most infantry kills. Conclusion, it must be the best Tank!
  19. boey

At least on Miller, VS has quite often a world pop of 33-34% in the last few days on Prime-time. Maybe also on other servers, i don't know. That's why things have to get nerfed for VS. Pop needs to go back to 25-28% world pop on Prime-Time, like it normally was the case before. God forbid VS may have the same world pop like the other factions.
  20. pnkdth

Oh, don't you worry. Won't be long before we see walls of text explaining to us why it is OP as well.