New pc player not going to spend now

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bojangles02, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Bojangles02

I have been playing for 2 and half weeks on all factions and found the game really enjoyable, was ready to get a membership and start spending money until I played today when I witness the vs smg slaughter, I have never seen so much death in the game on 1 side compared to the other, nearly all the vs players had smg, killing at well past smg range, so really you just made all vs weapons pointless, because it does it all, so at this point my credit card is not going to be used and can’t see me enjoying the game in this state, so well done to the EXPERT testers, devs etc.
  2. Eternaloptimist

This sometimes happens with new releases (ask people about the TR Gatekeeper top gun) but there are usually some quick adjustments by the devs to tone down performance. It is also common for tons of people to be trying out a new weapon or vehicle just after it has been released - IIRC you can free trial a weapon for 30 minutes.

TL;DR things settle down after a little while.
    • Up x 2
  3. Jac70

I think there's some kind of collective mania at work here. Something new is introduced, a lot of people start trialiing or using it and so many enemies start dying to it - a lot. Thus they decide it is the most OP thing in the game.

Reminds me of when ZOE was introduced. Apparently the slightly increased movement speed meant that ZOE MAX was impossible to hit. They could just jump around bullets like NEO from the Matrix. I bought it and played with it and honestly it didn't make much difference to my performance but people whined so hard that they nerfed it into absolute uselessness.

I tried the Canis in VR, seemed alright. Obviously VR isn't live but I doubt that it is the deadliest weapon that has ever existed - despite what some people might claim. Then again some slaughtering with a massively OP weapon could be a welcome break from the ****fest that is the Archer!
    • Up x 3
  4. Prudentia

i think people are confused by it's displayed RPM. it does not start at 678rpm,it ends there. it starts at 500rpm which is the same rpm that 200 damage weapons have, just with lwss damage.
  5. Longasc

This guy is not a new player.
  6. Bojangles02

I played PS4 version for 2 month just after PS4 release, but I only start playing on pc over 2 weeks ago
  7. Bojangles02

My other profile is sentry33 or sentry444
  8. Insignus

They've acknowledged this, and I would encourage you to reconsider your decision after the upcoming patch on Wednesday.
  9. Exitus Acta Probat

They did, where?