[Suggestion] Your wishlist about MAXes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Halkesh, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Halkesh

Isn't your version of the MAX changing it to "Reinhart" too much ?
    I'd like to see melee weapons and shield on MAX, but they should be optionnal, MAX should still be able to use guns.

About your idea on the VS MAX's ability, I don't think a "single use" for an ability is a good idea. An ability should be able to be used more often at the cost of not being too much powerful, if you have limited use then it's an item (like C4).

What about this ? Making ZOE useful again.
    Zealot Overdrive (VS, offensive)

No longer give the 10% damage buff, still give the 20% more damage taken. The ability can be toggled ON/OFF at will (like lockdown). While active, it improve mobility, especially sprinting. Increase jump height by 1m, increase maximum sprint speed to the same as a normal infantry with adrenaline pump and acceleration take only 0,5 sec. Forward/Strafe/backpedal are the same as current ZEO.
    Basically, you'll want to use this ability out of combat, but not in combat (where Emergency repair might be a better choice).

For your problem about MAX and their range, why not just replace the mattock by a weapon with similar stats as the default VS/TR gun and replace the blueshift / Mercy by a shotgun with similar stats to the default NC shotgun ?
    This way, every MAX no longer have medium-to-long range weapon and now all have CQC/close range weapon.

Isn't this better for the travel mode ?
    Passive : travel mode
    version1
    As long as this ability is active, the can run to 50kph after a 15sec acceleration. The tradoff is it disable the MAX's weapons, increase the damage taken by 50%, reduce his turn rate to 30°/sec and make strafing impossible. It take 1sec to enter into travel mode and 3 sec to disable travel mode. You're immobilized when you change stance.
    Note : Press B (default deploy key) to use travel mode. The travel mode use the old "MAX charge" animation when you're running at 15kph or more.

version2
    You can call the command center to drop-pod a special stock flash for you. (5min cooldown).
    The special flash can be drive by a MAX but has only one place. (use waypoint system to drop pod the flash).

For your idea that give 40% frontal armor on MAX, I don't know... Sure it give them more resistance but if they have an engineer that repair them from behind, you have an invincible MAX.
    IMO, MAX resistance to small weapon is good enough. MAX just need a buff on the C4 and AV mines resistance.
    Buff MAX resistance to C4 to 0% and AV mines to -10% (from -65% and -85%) will make stock MAX die to 2 C4/AV mine and ordnance armor MAX die to 3 of them.
    Then, if needed, we can talk about additionnal health or frontal armor if people still think MAX need to be more resistant (IMO, they don't).

What will you create for ES melee weapons ?

-------

What do you think about this idea ?
    Vehicule collision with a MAX
    Vehicle that collide with a MAX take damage based on how much HP the MAX have lost, capped to the MAX's max HP. These damage are type 34 – RL.
    So a Vehicle that collide with a full health MAX and kill it take 2000dmg (~2 decimator rocket).

It still make ramming the MAX a valid tactic, but you'll take significant damage from this move.
  2. MonnyMoony

1. Give them mass - put an end to road kill cheese. Flashes and Harassers should take significant damage from ramming a Max.

2. Give Maxes a shoulder mounted secondary weapon hardpoint that can be toggled (disabling primary weapons in the process). Think War Machine from the MCU. It would give them a more diverse role in fights - and would allow AA maxes especially to maintain some level of effectiveness in fights when air sods off.

3. Give them charge back - it was in no way OP and I found it very useful as a defensive countermeasure (to help avoid roadkill cheese and C4 fairies)

4. Scrap ZOE and give the VS Max something useful instead (maybe make Max Charge a VS specific ability :D)

5. Rework AA or give another AA option (something like Dual Walkers?). IMO pushing out the detonation range of Bursters and reducing the burst damage - but buffing their non-burst direct damage massively would go some way to making AA skill based and deadly at close range - and a semi effective deterrent at medium to long range.
  3. Kcalehc

Allow redeploying as a MAX, but only to the warpgate.

Allow a MAX to enter a Valkyrie, as a rumble seat passenger - taking up 2 seats on one side, and disabling their weapons (stowed for transport!).
  4. Liewec123

as i've constantly been saying for 5 years, i'd let them survive a single c4 by default...

unless you run flak armour you're dead within 30 seconds,
    you might aswell spawn a lib with your 450 resource and fly it into a cliff on purpose.
    • Up x 1
  5. asmodraxus

Mass - great idea make flashes and Harassers take damage equal to that given to the max
    Charge would be nice again, but it was used to run away and repair so not coming back, however a travel mode for max units would be nice

Give NC some ranged weapons and TR/VS an instagib CQC weapon to compensate

Rework the faction abilities and turn them up to 11

NC Aegis shield should give 360 degree cover
    Lockdown should be replaced with overdrive, increase fire rate to very very high but give it a heat build up like the turrets, when full turns off the offensive ability and the guns, and the max suit.
    ZoE the damage increase is not enough for increased damage taken, the speed almost non existent. Guess its time to increase the damage per bullet to about twice what it currently is, but decrease the speed of the max somewhat (a slightly more mobile lockdown perhaps?). Or switch it to a drifter style jumpjet system.

AA weapons
    Fire and forget lockon system, takes x missiles to kill an ESF, long acquisition time (based on distance to target), but very long tracking time (with ground avoidance so ESF's can't just head downwards to make the missiles crash but instead they actively avoid the ground or are fired directly upwards to max altitude when first fired), low damage
    Active radar lock on system, instant lock on by the max user, but instant failure if the lock on is lost (so the max must maintain the lock otherwise missiles go onto last course) unless the max can reacquire the target within y seconds, medium damage
    Increase the damage potential of the dual bursters lower the effective range.
    Add a long range high skill weapon, low damage, high fire rate, high projectile speed
  6. Sazukata

I recall making a suggestion to change ZOE into a 10% lifesteal. That would be interesting, given proper restrictions are put in place.
  7. Luicanus

Melee sounds good actually, some sort of power fist/claw/sword/cutter that is powerful against vehicles and OHKs infantry it'd be almost as powerful as C4 so I'm thinking of 2-3 hits to kill an MBT, OP? Maybe but then how often does a MAX get that close to a tank?
    It'd make ZOE a viable tool again for VS and the NC shield could help them get close, TR might struggle a bit but then they could be balanced by having a more powerful hit or buffing their ranged weapons a (very) little to compensate.
  8. Luicanus

Some sort of lifesteal would definitely be a VS tool, but it would have to be very closely watched to avoid it being left unbalanced.
  9. moriarrr-ceres

Suggestion to replace zoe ability:
    -Mobile shield generator: same function as medic shield generator can help for teamplay and pushing/defending points, have a duration and cooldown (30sec,45sec cooldown).
    -Cocoon mode (sorry crazy idea...) while in this mode you are invincible but not able to shoot or move you can wait for your engineer safely but be aware enemies can put explosive on your carapace...(can change into butterfly with a special halloween implant...soon....)
    Other suggestion:
    -max suit can't carry 2 ai weapons at the same time?
    -2 handed ranged weapons (heavy chain guns, mortars, pocket canons,flamethrowers) with reflex scopes and maybe the need to stand still when shooting?
  10. GenTech

I'd like to see some utility systems that replace the arm-mounted weaponry, so that MAX units can have access to a dedicated support role rather than the enforced all-combat all the time we have right now. An NS repair arm could have significantly increased time to overheat, which might be combined with a shoulder mounted spitfire.

A bubble shield on NC combined with ammo replenishment could turn the MAX into a valued tool for breaching and defense, rather than essentially just being a stronger heavy..
    • Up x 1
  11. Halkesh

Changing MAX punch damage to 1050 or more is a good idea to create a "****" area near the MAX.
    But I think changing the damage type to C4 is problematic since MAX punch range is too short to actually hit most vehicles (only flashes, harasser, sunderer and phalanx turret can be hit).
    Since MAX are vulnerable to C4, you'll see MAX go punching eachother instead of trying to use their gun.
    Flak armor, Odnance armor and flanker armor grant resistance to C4.

IMO, MAX punch should be buffed to Honestly, MAX punch should be changed to 1315 knife damage type. (enough to kill infantry that wear NW armor and auxiliary shield) and its damage type changed to galting gun (more damage than HMG against ground vehicles).
    • Up x 2
  12. Luicanus

My thinking was for a dedicated CQC weapons slot, made empire specific by selecting from the options I listed Sword/Frist/Claw etc that would have mildly greater reach than the regular MAX punch, it restricts the MAX to only one gun but makes it VERY powerful when it closes on armour.

I'd actually have no real issue with seeing 2 CQC MAX units having a go at each other, there could be balancing done to ensure they can't OHK each other but it'd be similar to a knife duel between any two Planetmans.

I also wasn't meaning for it to actually use the C4 damage profile, rather it should be comparable in how much damage it causes (although slightly weaker than C4 would be best). Although that being said letting Flanker armour resist it would probably be a good thing since almost everyone runs Stealth these days, it'd make Flanker more competitive.
    • Up x 1
  13. LordKrelas

As long as that doesn't mean a Shotgun Max is basically screwed against TR & VS Maxes with Melee.
    As that kills off NC's entire AI capability, the moment an Enemy Max pops up, as you can bet it will to massacre the NC maxes.

As well, if it does end up like that... NC AI will likely be NC Melee at doors instead.
  14. chamks

yes my wish list is:
    -max with no flack armor will have his hp down to 25% when being hit by c4 and 50% with flack armor.
    -max an option to zoom with mouse wheel.
    -maxes can combine abilities like es ability and flack armor or es ability and nanoweave armor or nanoweave and falck armor.
  15. chamks

im sorry, i meant auto repair instead of the es ability. and two ability too like the suit slots
  16. Luicanus

The MAX that could close the gap fastest would be a ZOE but the negative of the reduced damage resistance should make it balanced on the push. I honestly don't know how good NC shotgun MAXes are against other MAX units but a workaround would be to equip one arm with the shotty and the other with the CQC option not ideal for veterans I'm sure but if married with another suggestion earlier...

...then the result should be NC less dominant in close quarters but also more capable at range.

But it would still not be making MAXes all the same especially with the addition of ES melee arms.
  17. LordKrelas

...Zoe has an off switch, so when they reach the target, they'd not be affected by the damage resistance issue.
    As well, it means if the NC Max Can't get shots on it, the NC max is crewed.

NC shotgun maxes need Face-kissing distance, and only with the full clips, to kill.. with the other max doesn't move away.
    .. And you should know better: A max with one-gun rather than both paired, is so damn incapable.
    And since it's an NC max with RNG shotguns, it's left with half a mag, and half the damage..
    So it's dead to rights.

Well, if you don't mention to that guy, I will say it here:
    Longer the range, the higher the spread, the less likely the shotgun is to hit..
    Range with a shotgun, without increasing the pellets to cover the increased radius, not only defeats the goal of the shotgun, also makes it less capable where it should be... just to attempt hits where it shouldn't.
    NC needs proper ranged weaponry that aren't RNG shotguns for the Max units.
    We have railguns everywhere but the damn heavy battlesuits & vehicles...
    We have them for Sniper rifles, and Gauss on infantry, yet not FOR THE LARGER VEHICLES...

Madness.
    Straight damn madness.
  18. Sazukata

What if all MAX weapons were buffed a great deal, but can't have two weapons of the same role? As in, you can't have two Bursters, or in the case of multiple choices; no Falcon + Raven, or Mercy + Onslaught at the same time. This solves the issue of balancing MAX weapons around having two of them.

I think we'd see more Burster MAXes if they could remain effective at AA while also carrying an AI gun. I know I'd run it more.
  19. Halkesh

At least 2 people already proposed this on the thread. ;)
  20. Sazukata

I keep up with all posts in Gameplay Discussion and somehow I missed that. It's possible I glossed over it when I do my late-night reading and I'm burnt out from the day.

But yes, I think it's a better idea than adding tertiary weapons (shoulder mounted), as it only requires adding a fitting restriction and tweaking existing weapon stats.