Lets buff some stuff

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CMDante, Nov 27, 2017.

1. CMDante

I know, I know, the META is just screaming for everything in the game to be repeatedly nerfed until we're running around with water pistols and wifflebats, but I don't subscribe to that.

Here's what I think needs some lovin' in this game and why, feel free to post your own **** and be attacked by everyone that thinks differently.

Basilisk- This weapon has seen some serious ups and downs. It needs less bullet drop, the velocity is more or less fine but the shots drop like stones after a few dozen meters, not a good look. I'd also like to see a tighter cone of fire by a smidge. It's just too ineffective past close range.

C75 Viper- HYSTERICALLY inaccurate at any range, it's minimum CoF is so bad that tap-fire is ineffective at any range that full auto is ineffective. I'd also like to see less drop on this supposed autocannon. Damage is right where it should be I think but it desperately needs to be able to get that power down a bit better. Halve the CoF and see how she behaves.

Ranger- Ha! No, kidding.

HEAT(Lightning/Prowler)- any tank cannon that can't one-shot infantry is garbage, this actually goes double for the Prowler HEAT as it's the only MBT cannon incapable of getting a kill.

Hellion G20- this just flat doesn't hit hard enough. The spin-up is painful, the ammo reserve is wanting, the damage drop is too severe for a flying weapon, most especially one on something as fragile as the Valkyrie.

Pelter Rocket Pod- ^

Liberator- just kinda too squishy over all in my opinion. Drastically less surviveability than an ESF or Valkyrie simply because it's not fast enough or hard enough to hit. Needs a bit more health so it can loiter better. A BIT more health. No flying death machine of days gone by please.

High-caliber shells- By which I mean tank cannons and Lib belly guns. They all seem to have a weird button-hook motion where they begin to veer off course after a certain distance. In the Liberator this can mean aiming straight down from a stationary vehicle and not hit something directly under you. In a tank this can mean having to adjust for non-existent windage. Get rid of that ****.

Marauder- .5m damage range on a supposed AI weapon is pathetic, get ******* real.

Gatekeeper- I know it's bad, you know it's bad, DBG knows it's bad. Turn it back to full-auto instead of your ridiculous burst-thing and we're back in business.

Probably more stuff, but this is bound to be enough to start a fight on this forum.
    • Up x 3
  2. Icehole1999

Buff shotguns. They're supposed to kill not tickle.

Buff splash damage on all explosives. Especially tank rounds. I was cloaked and standing maybe 2-3m from a guy who took a direct hit and died. I took zero damage.

Buff the MAX's ram resistance against the Flash so that the Power Wrels ATV can't indiscriminately roadkill hulking Armored powered exo suits with no ill effect.

Buff everyone's default dumbfire launcher. Damage is ok now but velocity sucks ***.

Buff Spear AV phalanx turrets so that they have a decent blast radius but make each shot cost the same nanites as C4.

Buff the battle rifle's bullet velocity or something so you don't have to arc it like a grenade launcher.
    • Up x 2
  3. Campagne

Phoenix! Jackhammer!

Magscatter too, for funnsies.
    • Up x 2
  4. freeAmerish

It´s called Crititical Mess Update or so...

This guy hit the nail.
    • Up x 1
  5. CMDante

Yeah, this patch actually made coming back pretty hard, a huge aspect of the game was just gutted. But they won't know we aren't pleased if we don't ***** about it
  6. Bansheedragon75

The impression I get from this suggestion is that you never really had much time with the Skyguard or the Walker.
    I had extensive time with both, but no experience with the ranger so cannot comment on that.
    But even so no air unit is supposed to be able to linger as you say when under AA fire, the whole purpose of AA weapons is to take out or at the very least drive away air units, so if you want to linger you should be have to take out the AA units first..
    As it stands all a Liberator(or any air unit for that matter) need to do is fly above effective range of any of the AA weapons and they can takeout any ground unit with impunity, especially the Liberator with the Dalton.

The Lliberator with a Dalton on it can 1 shot a lightning, while the lightning skyguard requires more than a full clip to take down a Liberator, 2 clips minimum if the liberator is fully upgraded with armor and now you want to buff it even more?
    The increased COF for the Skygaurd and increased damage for the Dalton that came with the 22/11 update, has made the Skyguard practically useless at anything but point blank range and Liberators able to 1 shot said skyguard.

If anything needs a buff its the ground based AA weapons, including turrets, because as it stands they can barely hit at medium range and long range you can just forget about, you would be lucky to hit with 1 in 10 shots.
  7. CMDante

Actually it comes from time spent in both. I'm far more of a ground-pounder than a flyboy. And the ability of a single skyguard to stop a Liberator from doing anything in the area is kind of absurd. Killing happens only rarely but they can not linger in the area.

Also Iunno why you say a Dalton can one-shot a lightning, but it certainly does not.
  8. Luicanus

I'm not 100% certain on this but I noticed the AP Lightning failing to get OHKs against infantry twice recently. Someone suggested that Flak Armour might be enough to prevent the single shot kill even from AP rounds.
  9. CMDante

Yeah max flak will save you from tank OHK in general as far as I know.
    • Up x 1
  10. Luicanus

It's not just tanking, I am was a fairly avid base builder but now there's no point. Hives are useless after 25k refined and OS can't target jack and is lucky to get more than a handful of kills per shot.

I get that they're trying to integrate vehicle play into infantry play a bit more with Vehicle capture points but they also need to buff the OS and adjust Hives to make them more relevant to the gameplay.

On OS

On Hives
  11. Bansheedragon75

If the Dalton can not one shot a lightning then somebody is cheating.
    Every time I get hit by a Dalton I get killed in 1 shot when in a Lightning.
    Keep in mind that the Dalton got a 500 damage boost with the last update from 1000 to 1500
  12. Luicanus

Not tested it recently but it might require the Dalton to land on the rear armour? Alternatively, there was a bug where damage and explosions didn't register until you suddenly died, a serious pain in the rear.
  13. Oleker2

Basilisk - Agree... right know it's just too underwhelming to shoot at anything. Dmg output in general feels weak.

Viper - Could't agree more... The previous version was completely fine, but they "felt the need" to change it for some weird reason. It also has spread even on the first shot, and that spread alone is enough to make you miss.

HEAT - Don't play on TR anymore to speak for prowler, but on lighting is true. Not one-shoting just renders it useless overall.

Problem here is the shotgun mechanic. The game places one pellet randomly in the circle and spread the others around this pellet. So 100% of the time we have the pellets concentrated in one side. If the target is not fully inside the circle you are bound to miss half of the pellets. It would be better to have the "first pellet" dead on the center and an even spread across the circle. It would make shotguns more reliable and less RNG dependent.
    • Up x 3
  14. adamts01

The Walker needs a decent damage buff, the Ranger needs a damage decrease, the Skyguard is just about right with damage. But all flak needs a serious accuracy buff, velocity buff, and reduction of explosion size to compensate. That solves the long range Dalton vs Skyguard dilemma. Sure, it takes lots of Skyguard ammo, but at render range you can also dodge the Dalton pretty easily, but he can't dodge you.
    • Up x 1
  15. Humoreske

It is strange that Flash can roadkill MAX without being damaged...
    Flash should rather be destroyed by MAX.
  16. Eternaloptimist

Didn't they do something to improve ADS effectiveness as well though, to encourage change of tactics when using shotties beyond point blank? Genuine question as I'm not a frequent user of shotguns.
    • Up x 1
  17. freeAmerish

Well in an unbiased balanced game...
    In the future, noone should expect anything good will happen to MAXes.
    • Up x 1
  18. pnkdth

1. Remove the "you gotta stand still to fire accurately" from the SAW. Have the compensator built-in and remove the downsides from having a compensator. Remove ADV. Foward Grip and improve horizontal recoil. Add normal grip. Remove HVA and have the increased bullet velocity as standard. In other words, make it more accurate and mobile and remove the ridiculous cert investment for new players. (Ideally it should be switched out for another default but since that won't happen this seems like the best alternative).

2. Add slugs as a fire mode for NC MAX units or give them back the MAX charge as a faction ability.

3. Increase bullet velocity on semi-auto scout/sniper rifles so they become competitive at range. i.e. their "optimal" range.
  19. CMDante

Not sure I agree with buffing the SAW, it is the most killed-with weapon in the game. But I definitely agree it's oddly specialized for a default weapon, which should probably be the SAW S or the EM6.

Slugs as a fire mode for shotguns period would be amazing.

I think bullets drop a little too hard for most weapons, even if velocity remains the same so you still have to lead a bit.
  20. MonnyMoony

ZOE - make it actually useful (or even useable). I cant remember the last time I saw a ZOE max.
    • Up x 1