Totally unplayable server pings

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Harassment, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Harassment

I doubt it's just me thats having issues with this on connery, but it's getting bloody painful to play this game with the server pings going up to 30000 or more. meanwhile my network ping is only 70. instantly tanks and players start flying through the air and through mountains (no not as in hacks) and it makes it IMPOSSIBLE to even play the game at that point. and i know im new to PS2 on the PC but between PC and ps4 iv spent a fair amount of money on a game only to find out 75% of the time its going to be a horrible laggy experiance. i'v grown to love the game, but its starting to remind me of a bad devorice and shes gonna take my house. so my question is, how meny other people are suffering from this, and does DBG actually care enough to find a solution
    • Up x 2
  2. adamts01

Connery is bad. So many high latency players seem to really tax the server. But this sounds like it could be on your end. If you have a low ping and high server latency then you might have inadequate bandwidth. Go to speedtest and make sure you're getting at least a stable 2 or 3 mbps. Daybreak recommends 4. Larger fights require more bandwidth, so you might just have to avoid those till your connection is better.
  3. Harassment

my internet speeds not an issue. i get between 8 and 10mbps download. And big fights iv got no issue with been in plenty of large fights(i had some bad FPS for a bit but sorted that out), but i have noticed a common denominator of when a specific outfit show up to a fight. thats when the server pings go crazy
  4. DIGGSAN0

What the heck?!?

Dude i have a Ping of 50ms-100ms with a bandwith of 40 mbit/s
    I remember times whenmy ping was around 30ms
  5. adamts01

So your ping fluctuates from 50ms - 100ms? If so that's a problem. Bottom line is that if a few players are warping around here and there, it's them, if everything is warping around, it's your connection. Do a speed test and make sure your connection is stable and doesn't fluctuate, then do a tracert to the server and make sure your signal isn't going somewhere crazy, sometimes they'll re-rout your information if a line is down or a new subdivision needs more bandwidth. Finally ping an address in the same city as your PS2 server, this doesn't work with theirs, "ping address -n100" to see if you're getting any packet loss. It could have just been a problem with the server at the time, but if it's reoccurring then it's likely you.

Edit: This was meant for OP. I don't have any idea what your post is about, or how it relates.
  6. OgreMarkX

OP:

I am no techy, I fell behind the tech curve years ago. But here is what works for me: I unplug my modem's power cord, let it sit, replug. Clears up the huge ping issue everytime.

And my ping issues are: Surges up to the 1000's (2K and higher). Action delays are nearly a minute. People and objects float thru the air...server ping is off the charts.
  7. LtBomber1

Feed the Hamster!
  8. OgreMarkX

Di...did...did you just assume the server power source's species????

****TRIGGERED****
    • Up x 2
  9. Corporate Thug

I think the server was a little borked last night. It took me forever to get a stable connection to even play this game. I kept getting disconnected each time I entered game. I tried around 5 times, then when I finally was able to enter the game I experienced more instant deaths than normal. However, I did notice a ton of new characters, and "funny" names. I don't know if more foreigners were crapping up the connection to Emerald, or if it was patch day blues. Either way, it was awful.
  10. Harassment

ya that would help, but like i had said before its not my network having the issue. My network ping is atmost 80ms, but the server latency at the same time is up anywhere from 12,000 to 30,000 meaning this issue is not on my end. quote from a reddit post explaining this alittle more indepth.

I can play for hours in 100+ vs.100+ with absolutly no issue. the issues pop up when multiple YLBT members show up, maybe a coincidence or could be the common denominator. And i have done alot of reading up on other people having the same issues asking people ingame while this is happening and its not just me. iv also read alot of it has to do with when they are using bad VPN's that are putting alot of stress on the servers, maybe that information is wrong maybe its not. but i can totally understand how playing over sea's on a north american server can cause alot of issues with the servers them self
  11. OgreMarkX

Ok, your issue is exactly like mine then. My network ping is fine but server ping is off the charts.

Connery. Usually happens in big fights (48+/48+), and I play TR. YLBT Outfit plays Connery TR so I am around them a lot--Chinese outfit.

The unplug method works for me though---but no other game or internet issue is the same as this one in Planetside 2.

So something ain't right.
  12. Oleker2

My ping was always around 120~140ms, got back to the game a month ago and my ping never got bellow 200ms. At least i'm not getting massive teleports like in the first week. My internet is the same as before, no change what so ever.
  13. OgreMarkX

Maybe your settings changed? I recall that when patches occur, some things get reset (mouse input, screen res, etc).

Maybe tweak your settings again.
  14. Humoreske

Use "pingplotter". it is a shareware but you can try it for 14days.
    It is recommended because it is easy to understand visually. gl
  15. Bansheedragon75

I have been having the same problems as the OP today.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/latency-problems.247279/

I tried unplugging my router and restarted my computer but it did not help.
    I had server latency hit as high as 9000 ms as often as twice a minute.
    The more thats happening in an area the worse it gets, and its been getting steadily worse all day.

I also tried doing a quality check of my line(speed, latency and ping) and it told me everything was fine.
    I was also on discord with a friend and we had no problems talking there, combine this with other reports such as the OP I cant draw any other conclusion than that the servers are having problems.
  16. WarpGuN

get of dat potato ip
  17. Bansheedragon75

Why do some people always assume its on the users end no matter what?

I played PS2 for 2 years and not had any problems like this.
    I also play plenty of other online games so if the problem was on my end then I would have the same problem in those game, but none of them have the problems I'm encountering in PS2 here.
    I also noticed when logging on today that the problem is still there.
  18. Bansheedragon75

Update to this problem.
    As mentioned above this problem persists today, and after playing in a platoon for a while I noticed that the ingame voice chat is working fine.
    There are no lag or other issues with the voice chat, its only the gameplay itself thats having this issue.

That suggests to me that the voice chat is on a different server and that its the actual game server thats having issues.
    If it was a connection issue then the voice chat should have been affected as well.