Make all vehicles reload ammo and grenades.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by No0T, Sep 23, 2017.

1. No0T

Make all vehicles reload ammo and grenades. Like all military vehicles do in real life.
  2. Pikachu

I was beginning to miss your threads.
    • Up x 1
  3. Necron

BUT... THEY... ALREADY... DO...
    • Up x 1
  4. Sirygba

NO because of that
  5. Movoza

Save the unicorns! Every time someone brings RL to a game forum in a suggestion a unicorn dies! (Except Fred. Fred the unicorn will always live).

Stop posting ideas from RL on game forums!
    • Up x 1
  6. LordKrelas

Unless every vehicle's stockpile, is also limited, and vulnerable to detonation from RPGs, causing an internal explosion killing the occupants, then it won't be like real-life.
    The vehicles, that pack any munitions, also have the risk of those munitions detonating from inside.
    And that's in addition to the limited supply of those munitions being carried.

That in of itself, isn't mentioning the ease of buying a flash, and tossing grenade after grenade into a place by entering & exiting.
    Nor the issue of nanite depletion by merely entering a vehicle.
    Nor the ease of using a Flash, to unload C-4 onto a target repeatedly, with no travel time or similar, due to having an ATV
    Which can not possibly hold such explosives nor ammo, without it being able to be detonated easily by a bullet.

But hey, lets' also let you shoot the enemy's grenades on their person.
    As that's also real-life.
    Lets also allow you to fire a bullet into the slot on the vehicle's front, or through the windshield.
    As yeah, that ain't as armored as the rest.
    • Up x 1
  7. adamts01

Nah, but I do think that ammo and rep sunderer skills should be combined. Same with the Gal. Also, it would be cool to be able to deploy a gal like you do a sunderer. Give it a minor tank resist shield so they don't insta-die.
  8. Pelojian

i say let us stockpile a limited amount of consumables and one vehicle, then you can make an utility resupply slot item for the ANT that resupplies infantry ammo and grenades (if you have grenades in stockpile, but not C4 or mines)

combining repair and resupply in one is a bad idea and just dumbs the game down some more.
    • Up x 1
  9. adamts01

This game is what it is, and I think it would fit the level of cohesiveness that this playerbase has. And if that's making the game more simple, so is adding your Sundy-Ant instead of just bringing along a Sundy with Ant convoy. It's simplifying a support role that most players would rather not play. You could argue that we should have different medics, a gynaecologist for that Vanu booty, or an optometrist to treat soldiers who suffered a flash bang or a laser pointer to the eye, or a chiropractor from HAs carrying around an LMG, Crossbow, Rocket Launcher with 5+ rockets, and C4, and Grenades..... Arma has ACE medical, with 4 different types of bandages and 4 different injections as well as blood, plasma and saline. That works for Arma, but it's not for PS2. I think that combining sundy support roles would just let PS2 players do more of what they like to do.
    • Up x 2
  10. Sil4ntChaozz

11. LordKrelas

A Galaxy, has many more times the health of a Sunderer, 5 guns, to the Sunderer's 2, and the mobility of air (sluggish mind you)
    Allowing it to deploy, with a Shield at that, means the Galaxy that lands becomes a near fortress capable of retreating back to sky-limit at any moment.
    If it has the sunderer's AMS system, not stuck to local squad spawn, it also would be superior to the Sunderer in all but size.

Should be more worried about twin galaxies in the sky repairing themselves & supplying ammo.
    Full repairs & ammo, from just two of the aircraft.

As well, it means support Sunderers, just became incredibly universal.
    From two sunderers to defend, to singular units, which also means replacement became cheaper.
    Nor would the ability to focus down the repair sunderer or shatter the ammo sunderers to remove the influence of one, be a thing.
    The enemy has one Sunderer, they have repairs & ammo; They need only defend 1 sunderer, any more are identical spares.

Mind you, I find an issue with granting the cloak-able construction vehicle, the ability to stock pile ammunition, from bullets to rockets, to grenades as well.
    That thing already has the ability to manufacture ammo towers by itself.
    Running around in an armored cloaking vehicle, with all the grenades & rockets you'd ever want, is asking for hellish ant-squads to be amplified.
  12. adamts01

Don't Gals have a weakness to MBT rounds, similar to the Lib? Or is it Sunderers that have a resistance? I fly a battlle Gal every once and a while and tanks are its worst enemy. C4 apparently still wrecks them, much faster than a blockade Sundy.

I don't think they'd be noticeably worse than flying dual rep gals, it's backing off to repair that limits those things, not ammo. But you do have a point, they might be deserving in the same sort of proximity repair that Sundys got.

Ammo sundys aren't fun, you just sit there and put up with it because someone needs to bring ammo or you're just too drunk to shoot and collecitng easy certs. That's all similar to the problem I have with dedicated AA that's only needed and useful for a 1/10 of the time you're using it. I think the game would be better with one more participating vehicle or foot soldier. I think that logistics is important, but bringing ammo is like drawing the short straw. Yeah, you wouldn't be able to focus down a unit that could potentially weaken the front, but just like the medic example, are we worse off because we can't snipe all the optometrist medics and keep the enemy blinded? Or maybe we could have a new masseuse soldier, who goes around rubbing feet so infantry could run faster, that would be just bout as fun as an ammo sundy.
  13. LordKrelas

Don't recall Galaxies having a vulnerability to tank rounds, mind you the ease of putting a Galaxy on the roof of a building where engineers can further improve the durability via repairs, in addition to the limited elevation limits, those tanks have to land the hits while also being engaged by 2-4 guns rather than 2.
    Being able to shield the Galaxy upon landing, would literally grant the durable beast the ability to further shrug off damage.
    While still being able to quickly fall back to the sky-limit, while still raining down soldiers.

The Ammo allows it to never run low on shells, allowing an extended engagement, while still conferring full repairs.
    Considering how hard it is to kill a Massive sky whale in the sky, with a second whale both repairing each other? Very much so.
    If nothing else, the ease of ramming without it being near fatal, with quick repairs also makes it worse.

I often have run ammo sunderers.
    Unlike AA,it provides steady certs, and if you aren't the sundy itself, but on the enemy side, you can actually see a target that could result in a tactical hindrance if destroyed.
    Repairs are fine in all, but ammo is what keeps an engagement live - No ammo, no ability to return fire, nor push.
    Repairs keep the guns alive, Ammo keeps them firing.

With both in one vehicle, you double the cert income for those sunderers, and make it near impossible for anything larger than 3 vehicles to not have full repairs & infinite ammo.
    By that, I mean if you want that, you need 2 sunderers at least.
    If you didn't, with the smallest number of people, you now have a Gunned sunderer, with the need to only keep one in range & gunned, in addition, any additional sunderers can be it, providing both bonuses making position of each in relation to allies pointless.
    As long as any Non-stealth or deploy-shield sundy is nearby, Full repairs, Full ammo.

If your ammo Sundy ain't in the combat zone, you aren't really helping.
    As those repair sunderers are in the thick of it, yet for some reason, an ammo sunderer isn't?
    Hell, if I have ammo, every bloody tank in the region is happy to have me, and it don't matter if in the middle of combat.
    As unlike repairs, I ain't cutting into their EXP, I'm just giving them more ammo to let them get more EXP.
    They take notice of an Ammo sundy, if driving around - As it's less time than the ammo tower a hex or more back.
    - They also don't lose their spot as easily.

AA duty.
    You literally are waiting for the fastest most dangerous targets, which can melt your face, from any direction.
    Your weapon's firing sound, calls every single AV , AI, or similar weapon to your position, as that is the sound of an easy kill.
    Allies barely give a damn, due to AA usually scratching the enemy aircraft after already killing someone.
    As well, every AA user is forced into groups, or scattered, all barely earning EXP, and not providing any bonus to allies.

Ammo sundy?
    Free ammo, EXP for providing ammo to vehicles, Direct bonus to allies, Incentive to use & be near.
    Incentive to protect.
    Isn't calling up the most dangerous targets by using their vehicle.
    And the grandest bit, if there isn't a better sunderer, or none nearby... you can deploy for more EXP, providing a spawn point for allies.
    A second bonus to allied forces, a second incentive to protect & near it.

If you didn't get the hint, I'm used to running support operations.
    I like certs & allies with motive to keep me alive, go figure.

AA drew the real short stick.
    Screwed in every way possible.
  14. Insignus

Hello! You've been issued a Heresy Citation for:

Class A (Promotion of ****tery)
    Sub 14 - 30 Tokens - N00T N00T

Thank you,
    Have a Nice Day,
    ShadowInsignus, Fylkir, Connery
  15. No0T

sorry, but I had promise to shut up for ever if they at least made a good pistol. And they did. I am a man of my word.
  16. No0T

haha the guy is an *** hole but you have to give him one cookie for being such a nice boy with all his policeman report stile. To bad that without **** tons of propaganda police wouldn't last 1 minute on the street otherwise I would have some respect for them...

I almost like the pseudo bureaucratic way with wich he hides his own ignorance of what ****** originally meant.
  17. Insignus

Hello! In Response to your Inquiry:

Class A Citations are issued for specific heretical beliefs that are defined as promoting ****tery within the Planetside 2 Community, including, but not limited to, In-Game Actions and Statements of Belief in both the Forums and Reddit, in ways that have been deemed injurious under the remit of the Falkyrate.

Specifically, the Great Holy Spreadsheet entry for Sub 14 reads as follows:

"Posting nonsensical shower thoughts continuously with little or no forethought, afterthought, or general thought, and then relentlessly spamming people childishly with "NO UR WRONG UR IGNORANT" while not having a spell checker, all while insistently abusing your own keyboard so you can appear edgy, and generally not contributing anything to an actual debate."

Re-iterating upon Section 3 of the Code:

"Heresy Citations should not be regarded or rendered unto individual persons or outfits [I.E. Heretics] as personal attacks, indictments of base attributes, character, or values, merely as a means of remonstrating for actions and beliefs that are deemed injurious to the community. When citation categories are defined or modified within the code, they should endeavor to be moderately applicable in scope, yet fairly specific in description, unless the nature of the heresy creates an exception in which it can only be occupied by a singular person, outfit, or condition (See N00T's Corollary, Section 4)."

N00T's Corollary (Section 4.2)

Citations under Class A, Sub 14 cannot be used as Casus Belli for the invocation of Great Holy Wars, due to the potential unnecessary and redundant effort and expense of tracking multiple ongoing wars, citations, and invocations, instead, merely issue an additional citation per response, limited at one per diem, using Form A.

Ergo, per 4.2,

Hello! You've been issued a Heresy Citation for:

Class A (Promotion of ****tery)
    Sub 14 - 30 Tokens - N00T N00T

Class A Citations are issued for specific heretical beliefs that are defined as promoting ****tery within the Planetside 2 Community, including, but not limited to, In-Game Actions, Statements of Belief in both Forum and Reddit, in ways that have been deemed injurious under the remit of the Falkyrate.

If you feel you have received this citation in error, please contact the Directorate of Ecumenical Relations & Protocols, at (ERROR: NUMBER OUT OF SERVICE).

Thank You,
    Have a Nice Day!
    ShadowInsignus, Fylkir, Connery
    • Up x 2