What's your best purchase ever?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Eternaloptimist, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Sil4ntChaozz

Crossbow (its a freakin crossbow)
    GSD (nothing says bold like a few glowing Harassers charging the gates. Mines ruin it tho :()
    Auto scout rifles & semis (it screams infil and. Has. DECENT. RANGE!)
    Hacking maxed (second you click your done)
    Racer chasis w/ blockade armor (its a train)
  2. TR5L4Y3R

Hunter + explosivebolts just simply nice to have as sidearm against infantry and maxes especialy it's more designed about not having to care about accuracy too much cause just 1.5 hs multiplyer instead of 2 but still does enough dmg for 2 shoting basic infantry..reload and equiptime can be a bit of a problem but depending what you run as primary this weapon gives a nice ammount of flexibility to a loadout..

emmisary while not the best option against infantry is a good suplement to nicheloadouts or if you need a weapon that still allows you to dmg infantry despite not being a good shot

so for me these two are nice to have as a more supportive player ...
  3. Metalsheep

For DBC the best purchase is either the Commissioner or the NS7-PDW. Both can be used on all classes (Sans MAX) and can be used across all factions. As far as bang for your buck goes, cant beat em'.

My worst DBC purchase is probably one of the Anniversary packs, whichever came with the Golden StrikerAE. The Striker used to lock on and be really awesome, then they changed it to maintain lock, then to the coyote mechanic we have now. I think it also had the Hardlight knives, none of which got made into Power Knives, which was also kind of a jip. Paid like $50 for those packs.

For Certs? The Rez grenade is pretty awesome.

Worst Certs: Thermals for pretty much any vehicle weapon since the change.
  4. Rydenan

NS7-PDW is seriously underrated IMO.

It has the mobility (0.75x ADS, fast equip time) and super-tight hipfire of an SMG, good DPS (for an NS weapon), great accuracy (making up for the DPS), a 40-round extended magazine, and surprisingly long effective range. In other words, an exceedingly versatile weapon.

Not only that, but It can be used by every class. And if you buy it with DBC, you unlock it on all three factions.

Excellent value, if you ask me.
  5. Cymric

The 6 month XP and resource boost is for EVERY new character created on the account, which is an amazing boost when leveling up new alts.
  6. Okaydan

Commissioner, hands down. I was so glad I could ditch the Beamer and Manticore for a decent pistol.

Other honorable mentions include:
    (pre-nerf) AV turret
    T3 BASR
    Magrider Saron
  7. StaHoo33

NS15 for heavy and Orange glowing chassie for Swagrider!
  8. Xada

The longshot by a longshot, working on getting my moonshot, 1 more rifle to go (bolt driver).
  9. Sarmane

Everything Cosmetic! Planetside has great looking armours and aesthetics if you mix and match. Specific helmets listed in the description under the video.

10. Masyaka

Flare, EM6, skyguard, any max anti-vehicle guns

only things i can name that are worth spending certs
  11. PlanetBound

An annoying horn for the Valkyrie.
  12. Ximinetto

Naginata for the heavy assault class.
  13. DarkStarAnubis

What do you think about the Naginata? I have a kind of love/hate relationship with it... Very precise and stable in terms of horizontal recoil, high vertical recoil (but predictable hence manageable) but meh dmg model and RoF
  14. Ximinetto

Aim to the head.
  15. Corezer

black flames
  16. oTec

This is a superb advise. Normal sunderers easily get c4'd and newer players might be deterred from pulling sundies if they get destroyed with such low effort. This fixes that for a very low cost.
    • Up x 1
  17. CaptCran

Favorite unlock is the NSX FUJIN. Haven't bought anything yet.....
  18. Ximinetto

Whoot? I never heard that weapon...
  19. The Shady Engineer

AV turret and dual Walkers for Sundies. Makes making engies on new factions so much better.

Edit: Purchase with DBC. :D
  20. OgreMarkX

Atlas Shrugged.