How often do you communicate with your team?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ZDarkShadowsZ, Aug 22, 2017.

1. ZDarkShadowsZ

I'm not a very social person in online multiplayer games but if I see something that needs pointing out to the rest of the team in a specific area I'll do it. Usually I'll point out when there's a galaxy drop, or if enemy vehicles are trying to flank us from a particular location in the hopes people notice and help take them out.

Otherwise I don't usually bother. Responding to people has often lead to a worse off experience and trying to respond politely to rage tells is pointless. Sometimes I consider messaging obvious newbies but then I tend to worry if they'd care to listen to my advice anyway so I never bother.
  2. Insignus

Ballparking:

As PL, at least once every 45 seconds.

When SL, at least once every minute or so

When doing recon, usually twice in 3 minutes.

When just doing regular infantryman stuff, at least once in 30 minutes.
  3. Ziggurat8

Outfit chat is crazy. It's like a social club of depraved lunatics in my outfit. There is always something to talk about. Platoon or Squad is pretty busy for me. I'm always calling out enemy's locations.

Outside of that just depends. If I'm feeling like tactics i'll issue orders and request help in command chat. I'll use region chat for trying to get the berry's on target.

Yell chat I Troll. A lot.

Nothing makes the game more interesting than getting other faction players riled up and then meeting them in battle.

Seriously, without that kind of "nemesis" situation killing anonymous enemies is like playing single player. Seeing someone I "know" because they talked **** to me in /Yell gets my pulse pounding like nothing else in the game. Killing them is awesome, dying to them makes it even sweeter when I get revenge. Some people get too upset. It's just a game after all. I remind them /ignore add Ziggurat8 shuts me up. Cause nothing else will. Lol.

Games more fun if you socialize imo.
  4. pnkdth

Don't pay attention to the chat and have in-game VIOP muted. When getting a rage-tell I just shrug and move on(if they get too annoying there is always ignore). Used to roll all out tryhard with both sort-of milsim comms and more competitive structured teams. So while silent and deaf I understand the game good enough to fill in the blanks.
  5. Sil4ntChaozz

Never as i have speech issues, at least typically. Doesn't stop me from trolling squad and proxi chat lol.
  6. Towie

In general, my personal enjoyment of a session is directly proportional to the amount of (useful) communication.

Squad and Platoon leaders really value information on what bases are being capped, where there's a Gal drop, when a max crash is forming, enemy Sunderers / tanks etc. etc. - the leaders are often involved in the action and can't have eyes everywhere.

Also good to have a laugh occasionally.

I don't like - a totally silent outfit, or someone who doesn't shut up spouting all sorts of drivel and of course the worst of all - griefers. I don't think DBG does enough to address them - I had a guy team-kill my Magrider the other night, I asked why, he said 'because I Magburned in front of him'. You gotta be kidding. I then searched on his name and there were youtube videos sharing his atrocious attitude - he would no doubt have been reported for harassment from multiple people for several years yet he still plays today.

So yes - more useful / constructive / positive communication and Planetside would be a happier place for all.
  7. Okaydan

Usually I play this game with a friend with continuous VoIP like Skype or Discord. Then we're talking pretty much 24/7.
    But to other people, I don't use voice chat. The only thing I will do occasionally, is shout out in Region where a Sunderer is or ask for AA/AV support. Usually to no avail, so it's become quite rare for me to do so.

And obligatory rhetoric question in YELL why NC/TR is zerging again :rolleyes:
  8. OldMaster80

I never do it. I don't play in an outfit, in squads nor platoons because it's just a big waste of time. Since the game is not focused on objectives and most of casual players only go for kills, communication is often unnecessary.

Once you know macros to ask for ammo, and how to redeploy, you have everything you need.
    I wish things were different, but that's reality.
  9. LtBomber1

...less than i should. Half of the players seem to be blind, cowards, unclever or worse.
  10. PlanetBound

Hardly ever since my mic doesn't work. But I agree with Ziggurat8 about the social slant. Don't remember the name of the outfit but it's a bunch of guys carrying on in fake accents, making fey jokes and so on; all the while kicking serious A$$.
    The self proclaimed "party bus" folks wear off some of the grind that builds up.