[Suggestion] Nerf C4

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Barbiequeen, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Barbiequeen

Why would anyone use HA for AV if their rocket launchers are superated by LA's C4, killing any vehicles (except shielded sunderers) instantly. That's why I think LA's C4 should have at least 25% less damage than other classes' C4.
  2. stalkish

[IMG]
    You wont find any support for nerfing the answer to everything.
  3. velie12

C4 costs nanites to use
  4. Ziggurat8

Engineers should get drone dropped C4 the drone costs 25 nanites has 200hp can be shot down. HA-sling tossed or launched C4 takes the RL slot costs 50 nanites has the range and velocity of thrown grenades explodes on contact has a 6s reload. Medics get Backpack C4, half priced and they can carry 6 bricks.

It's fair.
    • Up x 1
  5. ZDarkShadowsZ

Not one of these threads again...please...
  6. Halkesh

Yeah and medic should have a C4 that OHK, even glitched Orbital Strike. Because you know, C4 is their only tool against vehicle.
    No, seriously. I can understand people that want to nerf C4 even if I don't agree with them, but I can't understand you who want to nerf C4 for the light assault only.

@Ziggurat8 : it's possible to throw the C4 backpack so all C4 are threw at the same time ?
  7. Ziggurat8

Hmm...maybe dropped at your feet or straight down 2-3m horizontal at most. 6 half priced C4 is still 225 nanites. 2 bricks will kill anything so why toss 6?
  8. stalkish

Insta-kill a shielded sundy?
  9. Ziggurat8

Would it? I thought the shield had crazy resistance and absorbs most of the instantaneous damage which is why 5 mines will barely put a dent in the sunderer through the shield, which is why you drop the shield first. Then kill the sundy.
  10. Ziggurat8

My outfit instantly killed a deployment shield sundy once with a stealth flash. We put 12 bricks on it. No idea how many bricks it takes but 12 and a flash is enough.
    • Up x 1
  11. Pat22

Technically, if you go with an engineer that has the C4 pouch upgrade, you can put 4 on the flash and resupply to have 4 more in your pockets, allowing you to carry 8 C4s and that's more than enough.

Still 650 nanites though.
  12. LaughingDead

How quickly can you really burn through those nanites? I just did a C4 valk, taking out tanks 150 a pop, constantly and I barely ran down the nanites to 500 after the 10th tank.

See previous quote above.
    I can understand nerfing C4 on the light to prevent C4 valks, often the rendering is buggy, there's next to no counter to it except people dedicating AA to kill one valk which costs less than their ESF and rockets won't cure it either because they can just stay at fight ceiling out of air vehicle rendering.
    As for every other class having it, I just feel like it makes C4 less special and lessens class diversity. Although they've already tossed that out the window with implants so go nuts killing everything with a valk and C4 lights.
  13. Eternaloptimist

Could someone just link all the old "nerf C4" threads so we don't have to go to all the trouble of writing out all the arguments for and against all over again? :).

I would do it myself but my CBA has flared up again. :eek:
    • Up x 1
  14. Pat22

Don't really need to kill the valk, a couple sundies or MBTs with Kobalts on them and gunners in them will keep those light assaults away.
  15. Halkesh

IMO, the best way to counter this would be to allow flak detonation to hit everything that fly at more than 8meter from the ground : LA, C4, AV mines, etc.
    • Up x 1
  16. Stormsinger

First time back on the forums in a year or so - thinking of coming back to the game. The VERY FIRST post I see is about C4 nerfs... nice to see things haven't changed much.
    • Up x 1
  17. LaughingDead

By rendering is often buggy I mean infantry don't render fast when dropping from a valk, you can get pop in just from beacons or gal drops, plus even if you get kobalts which lower your AV capacity by the megatons, expecting a gunner to always look up for C4 lights is unfair to the gunner that could be spending his time doing something else for certs, imagine sitting on a control point without getting any points, to keep it from flipping to one stalker cloaker and you forgot your flashlight, well except you still get points for it, we don't exactly have the same thing for gunners that try to keep an eye out for buggy render valks.

I'd upvote the crap out of this, give skyguard an extra role in defending vehicles from air, make rangers slightly more viable considering they're just kinda bad unless paired on a sunderer and with gunners that know how to aim it.

But I doubt devs will go for it because it's an infantry nerf and vehicle buff.
  18. Ziggurat8

Burster MAX vs LA....mm mmm mmmmm. Lol.

There's also another option. C4 that falls further than 75m, that's like dropping it off a 25 storey building, becomes inert upon contact with another object. Reasoning? The acceleration of gravity causes it to reach a fast enough velocity the brick breaks on impact. They can still donate it before it hits.
  19. LaughingDead

Hey, makes about as much sense as vehicles that explode from being flipped over or weigh less than it would being made out of cardboard
  20. Dethonlegs

It's the nonsense that goes on when attaching C4 to friendly vehicles that's the biggest PITA. Can't beat that MBT? Attach C4 to a cloaked flash or on the back of an harasser for a easy kill that's near impossible to counter.