[Vehicle] How about turbo for valkyrie?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mockabacka, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Mockabacka

Turbo is mandatory on everything in planetside. Maggies magburn is no brainer, same on ESF. Should I also say that turbo is best on liberator? The one vehicle that would love some turbo is valk now, so can you add it in the game?

Observe that this is a whine-thread where I will complain that valks doesnt have turbo.
    • Up x 3
  2. zeroxpain

Yeah shoud have a option for a turbo and i dont get why you cant chose a speed frame shoud probly have been added before but i dont see daybreak adding them they hate air in infrentryside
  3. Mockabacka

But valkyries doesn't mess with infantry nearly as much as other vehicles. I want turbo for it because of two things.
    1. Fun.
    2. Turbo means status.
    Getting turbo on a vehicle means that you are very good with it, and many want to be in it.
    • Up x 2
  4. Liewec123

signed, there is no reason why valk (and i'll throw flash in there too) doesn't have turbo as a default feature,
    its pretty much like the Harasser of the air, and as a lightly armoured transport vehicle its whole purpose is to move quickly between places.
  5. Mockabacka

I am not necessarily asking for it to be default, but rather to have an option for it at least. (Having it as a passive is prefered though)
  6. CrimsonEclipse5

Wat.
  7. TR5L4Y3R

yes for valkturbo .. HELL NO !! on libs ..
  8. Eternaloptimist

Assuming that isn't the name of a new outfit I'd say yes, of course us infantry hate air.

I personally also hate tanks, Maxes, AI mines, mana turrets, enemies who shoot better than me..............i.e. anyone or anything that has a better chance of killing me than of me killing them, however legit.

Just fo the record I also hate TKers, snipers, crossbow wielding stalkers, lucky people, being run over, Hossin, the other faction, high BRs................

However, I have nothing specific against Valks. They, along with esfs are my biggest G2A prey. Mostly I kill Valks who seem to be wallowing around over a battle area not seeming to know why they are there. I've nothing against them being a bit faster, by whatever means, even though they are a bit more resistant than esfs.

Lobbing four rockets into a Lib without it even starting to smoke is a PITA though (did that the other night to a particularly dumb pilot).

PS, I like dumb pilots.
  9. Mockabacka

Turbo seems to be very wanted here. Make it happen daybreak, or you break my day.
  10. Mockabacka

While we are at it, it would also be really cool if every faction had their own ability. Just some extra stuff to distinguish them a little bit. And with abilities I dont mean cooldown abilities, but toggle ones. Cooldowns are just so annoying. For example VS could have their max ability on valk, TR could increase the weapon rof and nc have a incoming damage reducer shield. Any thoughts on this?
  11. BrbImAFK

I have nothing against the idea of vehicles having their own faction-specific abilities. That said, I would expect those abilities to be better balanced than the ones currently around the game.

MBT's
    • Vanguard Shield - Excellent, and useful in several ways in combat.
    • Anchoring is more situational, but quite powerful under the right circumstances.
    • Magburner...... eh. Nearly useless, imo. Can get into some wierd places with it, but that's about it. It's not available enough to chase down faster vehicles (which is nearly all of them), nor will it allow you to escape them (which it simultaneously requires you to present your huge f'n rear to them to be shot at to use it!).
    NC are the clear winners here, with TR in a reasonable second. VS just get screwed.

MAX's
    • Aegis Shield - Useful at stopping damage, covers you while you reload or advance (or retreat). Can't fire while using, so somewhat situational.
    • Lockdown - increased DPS while anchored. Yeah. Like standing still when you're a huge fat target is a good idea. Lockdown is basically a "shoot me now" ability. Could potentially be useful for AA with Bursters except that it locks you down into a fixed firing arc as well. Know what doesn't stick to a narrow arc? That's right... aircraft.
    • And new-ZOE? How does a "die faster, nothing else" mode sound to you? Good, right?
    Once again NC are good, while TR are sub-meh and VS are just screwed.

To apply these to the Valk, NC would get an ability that makes them live longer, TR gets an ability that lets them waste more ammo (most Valk weapons problem is primarily, imo, accuracy rather than RoF), while VS get an ability that will turn an already easily killable vehicle into an even easier kill? No thank you.
  12. JohnGalt36

The Vanguard is statistically the worst-performing MBT. I don't understand how other factions continually call it OP when it gets out-DPS'd by Prowlers and out-maneuvered by Magriders. Every tanker knows this is absurd, but every forumsider seems to be an expert on the subject.

Show me data that shows the Vanguard is better than other tanks, because I can show you a ton of data that shows it getting smoked by the other factions' vehicles.
    • Up x 1
  13. BrbImAFK

At no point did I comment on the Vanguard tank in any way. All I commented on here was the Vanguard Shield and, by any measure, it's probably the best MBT ability. Be honest now... if you could put Anchored mode or Magburner on your Vanguard (with all their limitations intact) would you really select one of those over the Shield, like, ever? Especially for vehicle to vehicle combat (I don't count camping on a hill, with no enemy vehicles in sight, shelling a spawn while hoping somebody pokes his nose out long enough to die to be a particularly useful timesink).
  14. LordKrelas

Well considering the firing speed of the Vanguard, think for a brief moment... some would love Anchor Mode.
    Magburner? The Vanguard is slow as sin.

But most wouldn't use them, due to the fact that without the shield, the Vanguard Loses.
    And Loses Hard.

A Prowler or Magrider can use other slot abilities, without it basically being the near end of the tank.
    The Vanguard actually needs the Shield, which says a lot.

But I have to agree on ZOE; that needs a repair or update, severely.
  15. Klabauter8

Sounds like you didn't spend much time in Valks yet. Valks are actually the best vehicle to kill infantry with. They can fly, have excellent maneuvering and hovering, are very stealthy, have the most precision at mid range, and don't take as much damage as ESFs.

The reason why Valks don't have an afterburner I think is, because they are meant to be support vehicles. They are not meant to be flying at high altitude like ESFs or Libs, they are meant to fly very low and support your ground troups there.

It would be like giving a helicopter the same speed as a fighter or bomber. It just doesn't fit the role of the vehicle.
  16. Mockabacka

How are they the best vehicle to kill infantry? I mean first it require two people in it, and if you do some neat maneuvers the gunner will rarely ensure more than one kill even with a skilled gunner and explosive gun. (at least my best gunner) You really don't want to sit still and get hit by maggie or vanguard. Compare this to a banshee or even two to match the people required and it is complete dust.
  17. Demigan

A higher max speed, yes.
    More maneuverability for even more accurate drops, sure.
    Exchanging 2 or more rumble seats+Squad spawn for side-mounted weapons, definitely.
    Adding another instant-escape button to an aircraft, hell no.
    • Up x 1
  18. adamts01

I actually want to see all these air turbos gone too, but for a different reason. With render ranges as awful as they are I think ESF are too fast with boost. But as long as ESF have it I'm fine with the Valk getting it too.
  19. LordKrelas

So as long as ESF's can escape from any battle, the immortal Valks should be able to as well? This is the logic?
    As well, can you imagine even faster air travel, IE even harder to hit Valks dropping off Light Assaults?

Without Turbo, ESF's are still capable of targeting, killing, hunting and retreating faster than any anti-air platform or ground platform.
    In fact, nearly every air vehicle is capable of outrunning ground vehicles without Turbo, beyond maybe a Harasser...
    Assuming the terrain that affects movement only for land vehicles allows it.
  20. adamts01

Pretty much. I know it's a bandaid, but honestly, this game is only getting bandaids at this point.