[Vehicle] How about turbo for valkyrie?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mockabacka, Mar 12, 2017.

1. LordKrelas

You know what's a better "bandaid". if we truly at that point?
    Removing the ESF's turbo perhaps, if due to it having it, a multi-player craft that acts as a flying respawn point apparently needs the ability warp across the map out of, and into any fight.

Next it'll be the Galaxy needs the Turbo, so the massive 11-seater can deliver the troops across the map, and escape before any missile can even begin to lock on.
  2. adamts01

I don't think you can read.
  3. LordKrelas

I did read it.
    I just don't believe you truly want it gone.

After all, if you did, why in blazes would you be fine with another vehicle getting turbo.
    One that is mystically hard to kill without an escape button, at that. (Though, that's props to the pilots & crew really)

As if render range is why you have a problem with boost:
    You have no problem with an instant escape button only available to aircraft.
    And if it exists on one problematic craft, more are fine...?

Like what Logic is this?
    This is why I don't believe you.
    Hence my bloody comment; Since with your Logic, You will be fine with the Galaxy getting it next.
  4. adamts01

Plenty of ground vehicles have turbo..... It's an effective escape button for the Magrider and Harasser. Either way, I don't blame turbos for air getting away, I blame no-skill, deterrent AA, but that's for another thread.

Half of OP's point was that increasing the Valks speed would give a reason to transport with it versus the Gal. I think Gals are just fine where they're at. Scratch that, I don't know if they've done it yet, but they need the proximity repair to other Gals nerfed the way Sundies were nerfed.
  5. LordKrelas

How exactly is plenty, the Harasser, the VS, and the darn ATV we call a flash?
    ( Also, that's literally showing VS's mobility advantage right there)

The glorious difference between air turbo, and ground turbo: Is shockingly enough, the whole Terrain bit that restricts any and all land movement, even for VS Magriders.

I blame both.
    Why? Less time exposed, less time before engagement range, less time in engagement range.
    But yes, a matter for a different thread, so I shouldn't go off around on that.

I agree on the Gal nerf to prox repair.
    I don't see why Valks need turbo, speed perhaps, just not bloody Turbo.
  6. Mockabacka

The valk doesnt need turbo. It is merely a fun addition to the game. I hardly think ground will suffer at all from this though. The ones that will suffer from a valk turbo is aircraft because the valk now can catch up with the much faster liberator and esf (but only for a short amount of time)

The reason I dont want increased speed is because it is god damn boring compared to turbo :D
  7. Klabauter8

With an ESF you have to fly high in order to kill targets with it. You have to make dive attacks from above. This means you expose yourself much more to enemy fire. With a Valk you can fly very low when attacking, because you have a gunner who can aim in all directions on the ground.

Valks are not for "neat maneuvers", like ESFs. They are for stealthy play with smart positioning.
  8. Demigan

Theres more to it though. The aircraft, as usual, also have faster recharge rates and larger capacities than ground vehicles, because why not eh?
  9. Mockabacka

That apply for every single vehicle. Bad positioning and no stealth will kill any driver. Sure heavy tanks can be on the frontline shooting at the other tanks, but that isnt even close to be as effective as a tank that goes behind enemy lines. And flying high to kill targets isnt correct. Flying low among trees is far better since lock-ons and flak will have a much harder time.
  10. adamts01

It really is stupid. Not only a better turbo, but a free one. And the most powerful fire suppression in the game, and the only single vehicle with two driver controlled guns. On top of all of that you get free auto repair. What the devs were thinking is beyond me.
  11. Demigan

And in the meantime vehicle seat-switching was nerfed to prevent players using the top and main gun solo, and aircraft get a free nanite-repair if they use Engineer, the aircraft weapons are still more powerful than their ground variants (Rocketpods vs any HE weapon including the Viper: No contest. Even the nerfed Hornets still out-perform the Vanguard) and the list goes on I've written it so many times by now...
  12. Klabauter8

Of course stealth is also a part of other vehicles, but a Valkyrie is better at stealth than any other aircraft. You can hover low on a point with them, and shoot targets much better than with an ESF, because of the nose gun which is not fixed like on ESFs. This allows for much better positioning and using cover.
  13. Mockabacka

So far, how many are for or against turbo on valkyrie? I am obviously for it. My reasons for it is because turbo is fun and I really don't think the flow for ground troops will get hurt. In contrary I think it can be better since alot of valkyries have wyvern as the gun. Putting a turbo on will allow valks to catch up with the true ruiners of ground gameplay: ESF and libs.

It would be fun if the turbo was actually mounted on the vertical thrust thing. Then circuling around libs would be much easier and would increase the chance of killing it instead of them killing you. It would also be one of a kind and make the game more interesting.
  14. LordKrelas

From the posts:
    At least 2 against, 2-3 for.

Have you ever been engaged by a True Valk pilot & crew?
    They fly around tanking rockets, and gunfire literally for hours, while firing light machine guns.
    I rarely see Valks engaging the Flying Tanks of the Sky, I usually see them engage infantry or dropping off infantry.

With Turbo, A valk could near instantly achieve the max height, or enter range to drop off Light Assaults over your tanks, sunderers, or just the roof top of your base, and fly off.... then fly back, do it again, all before you even got the near pointless rocket hits on them.

IE your ability to react to a Valk Drop would be near zero, as you would have at best seconds to locate, and shoot it down.. which isn't bloody easy.
    Not to mention, that said valks could have engineers dropping tank mines, head back to warpgate or the nearest base, pick up different engineers, and drop more without it taking more than 3 minutes.

While having to target the Immortal Valks, who would now have the ability to eliminate their exposure time to enemy weapons fire.
    Which already had a hard time killing them in the first place.
  15. Klabauter8

What Valks really need is getting rid of the rumble seats and giving them rockets for the pilot instead.
    The main problem with this vehicle is just simply the amount of teamplay you need for it.
  16. Mockabacka

That sound really cool too but I don't think that will ever happen sadly ;( It would be like a mini liberator then.

Apperently not... Honestly, I cant recall ever being engaged by a fully loaded valkyrie. Driver and gunner - yes, but never a valk with four rocket launchers and all that. There are simply better vehicles to kick *** with with six people.

Without bragging, I consider myself a true valk/liberator pilot that have mastered the mentioned vehicles. I can make drops without dying easily, so turbo wont matter on that part. The only problem I really have is batteling liberators/esf. Either they outrun me or outgun me.
  17. LordKrelas

That was the kinda my point.
    You already can do the above, Turbo would as I said, just make it easier, and nearly impossible to stop.

As well, the Liberators are Flying Tanks, the ESFs are air superiority fighters.
    You are flying a Valk, an air transport, with respawn capabilities.
    Aka a mini Galaxy, for smaller squad operations: If You could outgun the literal Offense-type aircraft with a small Support-Type without having a hard time, Everyone should be concerned.
  18. Mockabacka

Maybe I made it sound like turbo will solve all flaws of the valkyrie - it will not. My main reason to have turbo is actually to have fun with it and make the chase of esfs a little longer. They will still easily outrun a valk, but it will be slighly harder. It will never outgun a liberator, with or without turbo.
  19. adamts01

This is an infantry-only point of view. Friendly air should be your primary air defense. Though I do think G2A is pathetic and inadequate.

The Valk has a couple broken things that would need to change before it gets any buffs.
    • Passenger repair: Any kind of balanced combat in the Valk will be broken with 4 engineers in the rumble seats.
    • LA spam: This is the sole reason the Valk has any competitive use. It's not because the Valk is good, it's because never-ending LA spam is OP.
    Once those two things are tamed, then the Valk can be re-purposed, but until then, we're stuck with a worse Gal who's only competitive job is a Fairy puking machien.
  20. LordKrelas

The day I have friendly air defending me from aircraft, is when Friendly air isn't off slaughtering the other side's undefended ground units; This is from an infantry & Tank driver.
    Anti-Air Weaponry should be the Primary Air defense... Not bloody other air.
    After all, your Aircraft have anti-armor weaponry, and anti-infantry weaponry to deal with those target types.

I don't see pilots expecting ground forces to be their defense from the bloody ground.

So let's not even try to bring in that crap into why the Immortal Valk needs Turbo rather than speed.

The rest: Yeah, that repair is annoying, as is LA spam; But don't forget falling tank mines.
    • Up x 1