Why is Vanu Significantly Underpop?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ridicOne, Feb 15, 2017.

1. ridicOne

You are fairly alone in the defense of yourself... and as I've stated all the factions have had there bias. The point I was making is your making complaints about things that happened before you even joined the game... I can't help your feelings towards your opinions but as I've stated put some proof in the pudding or your a lone man walking a lonely path.
    • Up x 1
  2. TheMish

The post is about why they're under popped today, and part of my theory is that the toxic old VS left after the nerfs because it wasn't easy mode anymore. Hell I was around when it happened, when they finally started nerfing the VS, I saw less and less VS over the course of months.

And no I'm not talking like it's fresh problem, I just told another guy earlier in this thread , that's YOUR perception. You and the other 2 keep coming back to me to keep it going, so I'm going to respond, except Colin because of his whining about the NC.

I know other faction loyalists whine, but the pre-nerf VS community is especially bad. Why do you people CONSTANTLY try to redirect it towards other factions? The topic is about the VS, I was talking about the pre-nerf VS community.

It almost reminds me of how when you see arguments between political sides, how they constantly try to just say "WELL WHAT ABOUT HIS HUH!?!?!"

Enough of that. It'd be more civil if you people weren't trying make sad attempts at redirecting the conversation away from the VS.

The question was asked, why is the VS under popped now more often? My answer is the pre-nerf VS community, the cancer of the game left with the nerfs, or joined other factions.
  3. TheMish

Idk I seem to be the one getting likes, and you seem to be the dinosaur community I'm talking about, in other words, the problem.

No one is denying that faction loyalists have biases, I'm talking about the behavior of them.

And undoubtedly, except to you, and the other 2, the pre-nerf VS community was notoriously bad.

So as I told the other guy, enough with your nonsense "WHAT ABOUT HIS HUH?!?!" attempt at redirecting it.

I think I stayed fairly well on the issue.

And it's not exactly rare that your kind swarms one guy at a time, it really isn't. In fact it reminds me of how it was back then.

And stop talking about proof Mr Arbiter, you're not exactly doing science yourself. This was all opinion, and ironically, you're the ones who created friction.

Remember, this is what I originally said

"Considering what whiny people the VS community was before the VS was hit hard with nerfs, I wouldn't surprise me if they quit the game or started playing other factions.

I still remember the horror that was WDS on Mattherson, Vanu would absolutely obliterate everyone like it was nothing, no one could touch the VS on Mattherson, and for a short time on Emerald.

Then they nerfed the faster ADS movement speed the VS had, then rebalanced alot of weapons.

Suddenly what was a faction running around with 40% of the pop nonstop, dropped to around 28% for us on Emerald.

So basically VS is no longer game breakingly OP, and so people left what used to be the easy mode faction."

And I'm supported by the fact, that the VS were nerfed heavily several times. Their lmgs, their PPA, their Magrider, their ZOE, and more I've probably not heard of. So that's that. I'm going to save myself the energy, because you 3 are the problem, not me. If anything, at this point I'm betting you're the dinosaurs from that community, and that's why you're defending the old VS so strongly.

The best part being that you can't really get me for faction bias, because I'm starting to main VS again. I left the VS to main TR BECAUSE of how bad the old VS community was.

I'm done here with you, go have your circle jerk about how everyone else is bad. I'm gonna go have fun doing something else, I've done my part.
  4. Okaydan

Lol I thought your name read bramblef**k. :confused:

That's what I get for scanning names instead of reading properly.

Again, I'm not taking sides here. I'm trying to convey two points:
    1. The way you are reasoning and talking is negative and toxic. Please stop doing that.
    2. Please be moderate in the accusations. Use some nuance. You're not convincing anyone by being extremely black and white.
  5. ridicOne

I don't even need many words to create the taste of bitterness in your writing :)
    • Up x 1
  6. TheMish

No you're not. You're really not. You might think you are, but you're clearly not. I can read other comments you've made here, I know you're coming from a VS-centered opinion. Which is somewhat fine, we've all got our favorites, in my case it is the VS as well, I only mained the TR because I hated the old VS community, and the TR look really cool. But I don't defend a notoriously poor behaved community. Which was the pre-nerf VS.

But I see now you're switching up the way you're talking, now you're trying to be more proper to win points eh?
  7. TheMish

It's exceedingly hard not to be with people like you.
  8. HisokaTheRed

Maybe people are just roleplaying with the lore ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  9. BrbImAFK

Frankly, I've been here since beta as well, and I don't remember this "toxic VS community" that people seem to be talking about.... I surely do remember a toxic portion of the community, but they were cross-empire, so Imma chalk this up to bias, I think.
  10. MavCooL

Don't know bout the underpop... but I think its because VS is weak at the moment... maybe...
    Personal experience is VS is fun to play against... their tank fight is fun ( fun as is we fight normally... and doesn't shoot at a tank sitting on the mountain raining tank shells )... Their max fight also fun ( fun as is we don't get spam by grenade launcher which can kill infantry, max and has splash like no tomorrow )...
    Fighting against VS infantry is also fun... We kill each other normally ( as in sometimes I die, sometimes they die... and not like they are using "aimbot" or maybe OP weapon to kill us almost instantly )
  11. Cryosin

Because I'm not here to provide free unpaid developer labor to fix the Vs again.
  12. ridicOne

People like you? That sounds kinda racist. Are you even reading this tread?

It's ok, I'm not soft. Words are just words, especially on a forum. If you need someone to talk to to let it all out I'll be around. My bias isn't to solely specific to one, your bias reeks of hatred towards some group you have apparently facilitated in your imagination.

What faction won the majority of the MLG? Server Smashes? At a time of perceived VS OP.

Go back through the thread and pick out all the times I said improve this or fix that for Vanu.

I've stated my opinions, but I've also posted some proof to your outrageousness. You've yet to come back with something of substance other then your thoughts and beliefs.

I'm ok buddy, are you?
    • Up x 1
  13. Colinljx

Not replying specific to TheMish, but I should point out that there is no dislike or downvote button on this forum, unlike redditside.:D

Anyway, a brief Planetside 2 history lesson to get back to the origional topic: SOE nerfed a lot of things since launch to balance faction pops, mostly using Connery pop numbers for "faction balancing" because the developers played there (all as NC except one), which was not the brightest idea because Connery NC was notoriously bad (and still is to some extend). The lack of organized outfits/leaders created a vicious circle that drove more and more good players to TR/VS, which lead to many TR/VS nerfs that made things worthless, while NC weaponry were allowed to outperform much more than its TR & VS counterpart (e.g. raven). Of course, developers favoring a certain faction didn't lead to said faction attracting more of the intended good players... To this day, it's still quite common to log on to NC and see squads camping in the spawn room, unwilling to risk their digital lives in a fire fight, whereas TR & VS soldiers would have surely charged right into the hell of battle against all odds to defend a base.

Now that SOE has became DBG, a lot of the people on the developing team have been fired, including the ones that were responsible for the wrong approach of balancing games, and the new team has made some amends. The TR striker is, at last, useful again after getting years of dust. Infantry shotguns have been changed to have its DPS more in line with other guns, very recently. The highly controversial Orion ADS is also removed, though it didn't make as much of an impact as some people thought it would. Fortunately/Unfortunately, depending on your favorite faction, most of DBG's focus lately after balancing TR and NC have been introducing new NS weapons for cash, and VS is kinda left behind and forgotten about, despite having things that need buffs. Lack of new content in updates lead to population decline, not past memories or hatred.
  14. Ziggurat8

Purple, spandex, pew pew.

Only die hard underdogs will stick with those 3 ******* ridiculous faction traits when there's no more tactical advantage (OP weapons, vehicles, MAXs) I started off red, cause RED IS THE BEST COLOR. Got sick of easy mode 40% pop (VS has stayed around 25% for most of the year I've played VS on Genudine, we have 30% on really good days.)

Non underdog players will pick red, pants, and dakka or blue, coimbat fatigues and chugga.

VS was the underpop for PS1 the whole time I played. I blame purple for all our faction woes. Who the **** thought purple was a good faction color in a war game...

They should do a case study. Create a brand new server with TR purple VS Blue and NC Red and see how the pop plays out. Change nothing else.

To all my die hard purple VS out there...

FOR SCIENCE!
  15. Colinljx

I would say those three are OK, kinda, though the lack of noticeable default body armor is a huge turnoff to some people for not being "masculine" enough.
  16. Stormsinger

The Circle of Life, as applies to MMOs. I'm considering coming back to the game after about 8 months away - if the VS are the lowest pop faction, its really no surprise to me. The Era of the Vulcan (pre any-nerf) pulled a TON of people to the TR. When it was nerfed, and ZOE was at it's peak power level of "Complete Bullpoo", there was a mass migration to the Vanu. Due to the OMFG Effort, devs were not permitted to make ANY changes other than emergency bug fixes (as far as I recall), 100% of all development hours were put towards increasing performance, reducing bugs / crashes, etc.

With the ZOE in that state, the migration continued, and continued, and continued.... until it was finally flushed down the toilet, where it has been left. The Orion / PPA nerf / Gatekeeper release siphoned a ton of players to other factions, and as is usually the cycle in MMOs, I wouldn't be surprised if the VS have been left with poopy gear, lackluster toys, and a high-skill-floor / ceiling MBT to the point where the faction exodus is continuing.
  17. ModsFreeAreForTV

That's why I stopped playing VS. I used to main it but now I play TR, VS was easy mode and that's what I enjoyed about it. If you take that away from me I'm not gonna play it. Not trolling either I'm dead *** serious.
  18. FieldMarshall

I play all 3 factions and like them all equally in terms of balance, but play VS the least.
    I just cant stand listening to the toxic (mainly DIG) "trashtalk" whenever VS wins a base (no matter what pop they have).
    And its not even normal banter you would expect in a pvp game. Its embarassing to play VS.

In short, dont play VS because of the (Miller VS) community.
    It doesent explain the overall VS pop, but thats why i personally dont play them.
  19. BrbImAFK

Don't they just spam "vanu loves you" or something along those lines in chat? Not particularly toxic or trashtalky. At least, that's how I remember them, but I could be wrong, I guess. Personally, my biggest pet peeve on Miller is fighting the TR, and their hordes of super-laggy russians warping all over the place.
  20. TheMish

VS is easy mode for me purely because they just fit me perfectly. The Magrider, the Lasher, Vortexes, Lancers, all of it.

But for me in the past it was the VS community that made me leave until now, they were absolutely terrible before the nerfs.

If you wanna roflstomp as a VS player again, I recommend Emerald, the Mattherson blood is still really strong here, I'm completely shocked as to how why they're so different from everyone else here.

Like I've never been able to rely on my teammates in any game, or any faction as much as I can on Emerald VS players, they are good, really, really good.

The equipment isn't so easy to use anymore, but the guys here are devastatingly good. Only problem is that at least for the past month that I've been paying attention, their pop is kinda low, like 26-28% whenever I took a look. It shot up to the 31+ for the past few days, hopefully things are changing, but besides that? The VS here are really good.