What class has best k/d?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mambakiller, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Devrailis

Redeploying out of a fight is completely legit. Especially when you`re behind enemy lines and out in the open. If they can`t even HIT you within the 9 seconds it takes to complete a redeploy, you`ve earned that escape,
    • Up x 1
  2. Chiss

Stop caring about KD.

However, if you want to KD *****, play infiltrator, and just hide in some really obscure place that no one goes, and pick someone off once an hour. You'll have a great KD!
  3. Anubis77

Nah I'm not saying that, I use redeploy in poor situations and such just like everyone else. It would make more sense if the timers scaled depending on where you are (like Ps1 did) 30 sec for enemy territory, 20 for neutral, 10 for friendly. That'd be fair. I mean, if I play infiltrator I can cloak and redeploy and the redeploy will go through before I am visible again... that's kind of cheap though I admittedly do it sometimes.

The core problem I'm getting at is that EVERYONE in the game can pilot any vehicle at any time, and certed into the timers can continuously use them. I liked PS1's cert structure a lot better, you had to actually specialize into something. For some reason, I'm far less offended by a "dedicated tank driver" in PS1 (being a team playeR) than PS2 where I feel like that's just an excuse to farm people in the easiest possible way (personal cert gain).

Anyway, you are definitely right about logout needing a timer. As much as I like being able to just click it off when I'm done with a session, I do feel like it could be exploited (and probably is by a few people).

Also, I'm not opposed to decon on vehicles, it just needs a timer that resets from damage. Not sure why they haven't added this back in yet, it can't possibly be that difficult to put in since the mechanic is already in place..
  4. Phrygen

it is. on the top 3 players is a guy named Daddy. he is notorious for bailing from his Mossie and logging out before he hits the ground and dies. He used to decon while he did it as well. his k/d is over 40

I have "rage" logged in the past and ended my session.... and i will admit there have been a few times i have logged out when some ******-bag esf pilot instagibs my tank and then flies around my head for 30 seconds trying to kill me in the plains of Esamir while I, as an Engi, have zero means to defend myself.... but thats as far as i like to take the logout "abuse". The issue is that as much as i prefer to use redeploy, even if the situation is completely safe for me, logging out and logging in takes about 25 seconds less time to do.... Sometimes i just don't feel like waiting for no reason.
  5. Bloodmyth

It's not too hard to come away with 20+ kills from a good fight without dying as an Inf if you find a good spot at long range, even playing at medium range jumping to fights as they appear at bases and playing aggressively can get you around 5 KDR. I don't seem to do quite so well CQC as some do but it's still fun and can get 2+ KDR, so I say Inf but its certainly not a class for everyone
  6. Technologist

Old thread but before the Thermal Patch using a lightning tank with the stock viper and thermal was great for high K/D. Best for Beginner. I have 4 characters that have a lifetime 25:1 - 30:1 K/D ratio. You drive around as Infil and bail when the tank health is too low. Also Reaver Air Hammer with Thermal was also great for high K/D. Here's two video's showing 80:0+ K/D runs.

Probably boring but you get the idea.

Air Hammer 84:0 run. I've done a 167:1 run once with the reaver.

Lightning. 83:0 run I've done a 300:1 run once. This was my first time using the HE
  7. FieldMarshall

Sniper Infiltrator
  8. IcEzEbRa

9. Moz

IMO HA is by far the easiest class to pad you KD with, then probs a ranged Infil.
  10. Daigons

Ones that fly or drive.
  11. WaffleMonster

HA is class that is completely at the whim of maxes, vehicles and grenades. Both infil and LA can easily get out of dodgy situations whilst heavy is stuck. As an infil with a bolt, you can stay out of danger almost entirely whilst picking up kills.
  12. Moz

Oh i know bud, got many hours bolting. With the HA however i find that i can play in a defensive manner hanging around back lines picking people off etc and score more kills / kd.

Its a tough one for me to call really.

It really all comes down to how you play i guess.
  13. Rydenan

Best solo KD is easily long-range sniper. You don't even have to be good. There is very low threat of death while doing it, so even if you miss 70% of your shots, your KD will just go up and up.

Of course, there's also fun to consider. As foreign of a concept as that may be for some players.
  14. johnway

I concur with most people here. A sniper infiltrator is the most effective. get a high powered rifle, cloak watch where to see where everyone else is and pick an easy target, namely engineers and other snipers. Aquire target. Fire and move onto the next one.

Of course this all takes practice. If you can't shoot properly you're in for a rough time. But that said, during the heat of the fight. there are plenty of stationary targets to pick out.
  15. DeadlyOmen

The best K/D is the one that moves the needle for your team. That K/D may be 100.0, or .0001.

The most important thing is that your team is meeting the objective requirements.