Welcome To All New Players

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ChUnKiFieR, Feb 14, 2017.

1. ChUnKiFieR

Welcome to the most amazing game in FPSMMO history. Tired of fighting the same 32 guys on a server over and over? Well those days are gone! Now that you are joining our little family, you will never want to go back to a 64 person server again. So here's a few basic things you'll need to know.

#1. Almost everything will look like cheating at first. RELAX!

#2. There are so many bullets flying around you will be team killed from time to time.

#3. This game has the highest learning curve (years) of any game I've ever seen so be patient.

#4. Don't buy every weapon that comes out. Many weapons are similar with very slight differences.

#5. Use a microphone. The fun and difference in gameplay multiplies exponentially if you do.

There are many many other things to learn as you play this game, far too many to write them all down but look at it this way, if we did write them all down, we would be cheating you out of half of the fun.

SOLDIER UP, LOCK AND LOAD!
    • Up x 11
  2. Ragnarox

You forgot:

#6. Your worst enemy is server performance (lags, hitboxes, hitching...), If you manage to beat it nothing can stand in your way, ....... bahahaha just kidding nothing beats the server.
    • Up x 2
  3. FateJH

The feeling of positivity didn't even last one reply.
    • Up x 11
  4. MaDiv

Wrong: [IMG]
    • Up x 6
  5. cobaltlightning

#7: That guy with the jetpack, flying above you? Yeah, the guy that's not your team color? He's here to **** you, plain and simple, with a high explosive package. No need to strip out of your armor, either.
    Bite the pillow, that c4's going in dry.

#8: You. Will. DIE. Like, a lot.
    • Up x 4
  6. Eternaloptimist

Excellent post, plus:
    • Never stop moving
    • join squads and find a decent, helpful outfit if you can
    • use this forum to ask questions (you will get at least some helpful answers)
    • Up x 1
  7. SeniorChief

Get in an Outfit one that's willing to help and welcomes new players most have rules to keep the game going andbest for there style of play
  8. DeadAlive99

#99 Low pop continents are a great way to have more relaxed fun with small to very small skirmishes, as well as solo stuff.

While the game initially was never intended to have super low pop continents, it has turned out that way, and a sizeable group of players enjoy the benefits of it. I myself used to hate it, but eventually learned to love it as a nice break. I switch back and forth between high action high pop conts, and low action and solo work low pop conts.

Low pop conts. are especially good for learning how to fly and practicing getting in and out of tight spots. Solo capping with an ESF can be extremely rewarding. It's just good clean fun and not too stressfull. It's almost like a kid's adventure game in that respect, with just a few bad guys here and there, and the rest is driving or flying.

All in all, even though I feel this game could be much improved, it does offer a huge variety of gameplay and whenever you get bored with something, there's plenty of other stuff to do. It really deserves to be around for another decade or more.
  9. Shocky

you also forgot that this is like the dark souls of FPS games it is ruthless in how many ways you will die and die often.

sarcasm: "new players who want to be pro need to play heavy on VS and have commissioner"

in all seriousness though this game is hard to play with vets. enjoy new player island while you can.
  10. Moz

6. YOU WILL DIE A LOT - But its totally worth it.
    • Up x 2
  11. Giligan96

Excellent post!

**Learn to forget about KDR(kill to death ratio) and focus on having FUN!! There are MANY ways to play the game and support your teammates.
    Have fun with it!:)
  12. JonnyBlue

Just have fun if you take it to seriously it will become a chore.
  13. Daigons

My advice to new players is to try everything. Every faction, every class, every weapon and vehicle. Before deciding upon a main faction, observe the faction population during different times over the week. Make the VR area the first place that you visit when you logon to the game to practice and try out other classes, weapons and vehicles.
  14. DeadAlive99

And the easy solution to that is simply to stay off the front line and play in the 'secondary', and gradually work your way up.
    • Up x 1
  15. pnkdth

#? : You will end up being outnumbered. When this happens you make the opposing faction pay as much as you can. Essentially treat it as playing horde mode.

#banana : Ignore the forumside crybabies. They are pitiable creatures whose sole aim is you make you feel helpless. Typically they will be unhelpful, bitter, and generally will attempt to derail any thread they post in. They often talk warmly of other games which any self-respecting FPS player should play instead. They should probably take a break from PS2, due to burn out, but this is not a rational creature and they would rather prefer to drag you right down with them.

#brony : Reflect on why you died, where you were, and what you were doing. This game is as much about reading battles and terrain as it is personal skill. You will face many moments of "WTF just killed me!!?!?!?!?!?" Don't get worked up over this.

#doge : Default weapons are competitive weapons which are good to gauge what kind of player you are.