Squad-Color not configurable?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Anthony Nelson, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Anthony Nelson

I'm not color-blind, but color weak. When I am in a squad I don't see any difference between the color of squad-members and enemies. The symbol in front of the name is too small to identify in distance. Tried different color-combinations, no success. Any workaround here? Which colors should I choose for the fractions, to identify friend and enemy? So many updates the last years, but squad-color still not configurable?
  2. FateJH

Go to the Social/Platoon tab. Click on the individual names of the squads (or an icon on that squad's column) to change the basic color attached to the squad. That affects names and doritos over the players' heads, the list at the base of the screen, and waypoints.
    [IMG]
    Helpful image from Google.

You can also go through the UserOptions.ini file, "[UI]" section.
    • Up x 1
  3. Anthony Nelson

Nice, thank you! :) That is perfectly hidden ...
  4. DeadlyOmen

It's very well hidden.

Call me lazy, but I color all squads the same color.
  5. Anthony Nelson

Hm, okay, now I realize, that only PLATOON-Squad-Colors are configurable. If there is no platoon on a continent, the colors of the squads there are not configurable! :(
  6. FateJH

I apologize for the unintentional misdirection. Yes, platoon colors only.
    Having said that ...
    You have (non-Vanu) enemies set to green?
  7. FieldMarshall

Thanks for this. I rarely squad nowdays, but when i do i usually have problems not shooting Charlie squad when i play TR/NC.
    Time to make everyone different shades of green.
  8. Wafflepancake

9. Anthony Nelson

No, to yellow.
    The more I try, the less I understand. Sometimes I don't see ANY name or color above the avatars at all.