VS nerfes..

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Orakel, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Orakel

Hey Daybreak, why you just dont patch VS out of the game, since every single item is nerfed and absolut no balance anymore vs the 2 other faction. I could start now serious thread about the balance, but i guess you know about it since you ****** up VS gameplay so hard ..
  2. Demigan

In that serious thread of yours, will youbpay attention to things like "justified nerfs"? Or will it be similar piss like you write above where you just feel Hurt and have no shred of relativation?
    • Up x 3
  3. FateJH

If you're giving us permission to nerf the VS, I'm sure there are many players who would want to jump on the opportunity ...
    • Up x 2
  4. Newlife1025

I'm down
    • Up x 1
  5. Liewec123

i'm curious, what has sparked this new bout of VS victim complex? XD
    there are currently several threads on the first page by different people, eluding to VS somehow being bad...
    • Up x 3
  6. Valenz

VS' equipment is already kinda crappy compared to NC/TR hence why they rarely break 30% global pop. At least in Emerald.
    But what they're probably referring to is that the Butcher and the GODSAW are getting buffed while the Beetlegeuse (sp?) is getting nerfed.
    Also, add on top of this the sundy rear weapons and the Aurora being the worst out of the three in pretty much every aspect.
  7. FateJH

Betelgeuse. 't' left by one drop the third 'e' and you're good.
    • Up x 1
  8. Campagne

It's certainly quite fair for players to be unhappy about the potential changes on the PTS, but these things have been on there for quite a while now. Some things never make it through at all.

In my opinion making threads complaining about current faction balance isn't really justified based on highly subject-to-change possible additions that may or may not even end up as the versions on the PTS. :eek:

(I'd also trade you a firing-delay for a burst fire.)
  9. Rydenan

Um, good?
    It needs it.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 5
  10. GuhMaster2512

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the only reason the Betelgeuse is getting nerfed is to place it in line with the minimum damage range nerfs with the rest of the non close range assault rifles and lmgs?
    • Up x 2
  11. Mojo_man

That and also the fact that it outperforms the GodSaw and Butcher by a little less than 50%.
    • Up x 2
  12. Necron

Great idea, +1 for a good Forumside 2 post.
    • Up x 1
  13. Eternaloptimist

I have also noticed an increase in VS complaints just recently and was wondering what they were all about.

I play infantry in all factions and I don't see any major issues with VS infantry stuff compared to the others. Is this really all about a change to one directive weapon, which is already widely recognised as performing way above the others in its class?

Just wait until the grief starts about the new ammo replicator implant undermining the heat mechanic on BG more than other directive weapons (assuming it makes the cut after PTS).
    • Up x 2
  14. asmodraxus

The issue with the over/under performance of the betelgeuse is that it's based off of the Orion which is a cqc lmg unlike the other two which are based off the respective starter lmgs which most definitely aren't cqc
  15. Drag0

VS on Emerald drive around in repair sundee caravans and harassers with halberds - soon we will all be using NS weapons if you keep on nerfing VS...
  16. Orakel

Im pretty tired of nerfing VS + im pretty tired from closing and merging server w/o checking server population before (less then 30% mostly ) !! Im paying my monthly membership and DB put tons of russian lagwizard from Asia ( not even european ) to our server ..
  17. No0T

The only thing I see nerfed that is important is the spiker. all other stuff is so tight vvith each other only crybabys talk about it.
  18. Valenz

Thank you.

Well to be fair I only tried to provide an explanation, based on what I witness, as to why threads like this keep popping up. I'm also aware the changes have there for quite some time and I do have my opinions about the changes but I haven't voiced any of them so far.
  19. Demigan

Except ofcourse the biggest advantage isnt umlimited ammo, but the ability to "reload" and interrupt it at any time without penalties, meaning the player is almost never caught when its inconvenient. Add the fact that every. Single. Weapon. That combines accuracy, consistency at range, ROF and ease-of-use has been OP in ps2 and you see instantly that the betelgeuse and orion fit the bill.

Just look at every weapon or ability that has been nerfed for blatant OPness in ps2, and an easy 80% of them will fit that model.
    • Up x 1
  20. Campagne

Fair enough.

Though what I meant to say is that the PTS changes are sort of "old news;" they've been discussed and thought over but (as far as I'm aware) nothing has really changed to warrant further discussion.

I'll tell you my thoughts right now: I don't like any of 'em. :p