Launcher Silent DEATH!!!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Solderpro_1, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Solderpro_1

Hi my launcher will silently crash after just seconds of opening it i am using the STEAM version of planetside 2 and this happened only seconds after the new update i think this is something to do with BATTLE EYE im using windows 10
  2. Eternaloptimist

I'm on Windows 10 and I play through Steam. I've had no problems so far (only played an hour or so though). In fact gameplay has been exactly the same since pre BattlEye for me, including the 5-10 second lag hitches I get from time to time since a) construction was introduced and b) I converted to Windows 10 (not sure which of these might be related to the hitching problem).
  3. Solderpro_1

well i cant even open the launcher which is the sad thing i was going to get some Daybreak cash to get some helmets but ill just wait on that until we get a solution to this problem
  4. Nintyuk

Same here, it gets about part way through patching and then closes
  5. Beerbeerbeer

I would just uninstall it or delete it through steam, then redownload the steam client of planetside.

I haven't uninstalled a steam game yet so I'm not sure what's involved.

If that doesn't work, uninstall it through steam then try the client from DB's website. You can then manually add this client to steam after the fact.
  6. Zeewulf

Same problem but mine isn't on steam, also using windows 10. Game patches about 15% and then launcher closes itself every time. It's taking me ages to update the game.
    • Up x 1
  7. ukiri

Similar problem here ,I can update it in 5 Mb chunks, got to constantly restart the launcher
  8. Beerbeerbeer

Try right clicking and run the install.exe as an admin?
  9. DJStacy

Mine does the same when updating even running as admin...??
    Checked all my net permissions planetside should have no problems with access.
    • Up x 1
  10. Beerbeerbeer

Well other than uninstall > fresh client from DB, I have no clue.
  11. Thunder33

That didnt work for me, now the client start i need to input my username and password then the client start for a few seconds and then close itself again.
  12. Beerbeerbeer

Try running the exe install as an admin? Right click then run the install client as an admin? Also grant the install client AV privileges prior to starting it?
  13. Thunder33

I tried to run it as a admin and even turned my AV off but still the client crash when it shall start to download.
    All exe files is allowed in the firewall. Idk what's wrong :(
  14. Beerbeerbeer

Well, try scanning your computer for viruses. There are some good scanners out there, but be careful which site you download from as some of these are in fact malware

Malwarebytes is probably the most well known. I know Microsoft itself used to have an online windows defender scanner as well.

You can also check running processes in task manager and shutoff anything not important prior to installing the game. Just be careful in what you end. Google it before ending the process.
  15. Luke_Nadewalker

16. Luke_Nadewalker

i guess we have to wait till someone comes up with a fix......... anyone?
  17. Beerbeerbeer

Your computer is probably infected or BE doesn't like something. And yes you could be infected not even know about it

If none of the above works, the only suggestion I have left is to format, reinstall windows then install Planetside. Drastic measures, but I'm sure it will work if you do it in that order. Well maybe do windows update then install.
  18. Licurici

Same problem with my launcher but more , after i manage to enter the game in few minutes the game crashes. Validation of files founds lots of crc missmatch , all in assets ( \Resources\Assets\assets_xxx.pack), tryes to download the corrupted files but it crashes in the middle of it. I start again the launcher it finishes, game starts but it crashes in minutes, and the process starts all over again.
    Founded here on forums a 2013 launcher problem and tryed that:
    1) delete folder [LaunchPad.Cache]
    2) i put all the exe files in firewall exception.
    3) i checked disk for errors,
    4)i used planetsid2 setup.exe ..... all in vail.
    Battle eye doesnt seem to work.

Im running windows 7 ultimate sp1 x64 , planetside 2 without steam, avast antivirus
    cpu amd phenom II x6 1055T
    16GB ram
    video msi gtx 970 with driver 373.06

Please help
  19. Beerbeerbeer

Uninstall any planetside addons like recursion. Kill every process that isn't important.

Heck I don't know.

You're going to waste more time troubleshooting then if you just format your PC and start over.
  20. Luke_Nadewalker

formatting my computer is not an option. it is also not a solution to a problem may people are obviously having. Dont keep suggesting virus infection / formatting. 100% guaranteed im not infected,

spybot, malwarebytes, rootkit scans all clear, comodo antivirus also updated and scans clear.

Win 7 64 updated
    c++ libraries all upto date
    .Net framework all upto date
    Nvidia drivers updated
    game updated but broken, deleted local files, re-installed game , still broken

hex core Intel i7
    18gb ram
    GTX580 OC KFA2

Game has worked until a week or so ago without major problems.
    My other half's computer also has this problem. except hers started about a month ago.
    intel quad core
    8gb ram
    GTX460