Should the phaseshift get the ballistics computer?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cyiko, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Cyiko

Should it? Considering its charge time and the semi auto functionality. It's mucn harder to use than a normal bolt action. Basically useless
  2. Daigons

At least give us the option to purchase it. It's not a bolt action so I don't see why not.
  3. Metalsheep

The only real thing the Phaseshift needs imo, is access to low magnification scopes. Its sort of a jack of all trades rifle, but it is shut out of being super useful in semi-auto by limiting it to high mag scopes.
    • Up x 2
  4. LaughingDead

All ES unique snipers should get it :p
  5. BartasRS

Phaseshift is a kinda special. For me it is a love&hate. I don't have much problems with scope sway (especially with hold breath implant) but this charging up mechanic is killing me. I get the feeling I am exposed for too long before I can actually fire. The only thing I can think of the ballistic computer could help Phasehift is with leading the target (while charging). IMO Phaseshift would benefit more with bullet velocity buff and 2 separate fire modes (semi-auto and 2 shot per "mag" without charging) than ballistic computer.
  6. Mirta00

It needs more stability when firing faster in CQC, which almost demands access to shorter range scopes. Surely an easy fix.

As for other issues, those tend to be trade offs for the mechanic sure - but its certainly punishing on exposure time vs other snipers. Its an awkward weapon at times, not one for the easily dissuaded. Needs looking at.
  7. EPIC389

Of all the es sniper rifles, the only one I feel is in a decent spot Is the railjack.

I'd like to see the phaseshift be changed a bit. I did make a thread about it a while back and you can check out the ideas I made instead of me explaining here(cos im lazy)
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...hanges-to-the-phaseshift-sniper-rifle.240790/
    I'd like to add giving the phaseshift lower level scopes and also question my original idea of allowing the phaseshift to charge while cloaked.

I personally feel the trap shouldn't be a sniper rifle at all. It should be an es scout rifle(we need those) and something else given entirely. I'd like to see a TR BASR with the ability to change scopes on the battlefield(versatility) without having to go to a console
  8. FateJH

Versatility is the VS hat.

(It's actually a metal pot that the VS keep calling a hat, except when it's convenient to say "it's a pot" and demand they get a buff because it's not a hat.)
    • Up x 2
  9. Mefi

It will be still awful to use in SA mode thanks to Charge mechanic.
    PS SA mode stats are nowhere near "super useful" in first place, and Charge ruins its RoF and responsiveness even more.