Heavy assault nanite mesh shield blocks reflex sight picture

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by L00seCann0n, Sep 9, 2016.

1. L00seCann0n

Just played as NC heavy assault and I've noticed after latest update my sight picture becomes completely obscured when aim down my 2x reflex sight with heavy assault nanite mesh shield activated. The visual effect of the nanite mesh shield appears to have been extended to the weapon sights after the latest update, although it seems to only affect reflex sights. Iron sights are still working fine but graphically the front sight looks off the centre but thats another story for another day. I've also tested the resist shield which turns out to have a more subtle visual effect and doesn't obscure the sight picture like the nanite mesh shield does.

Anyhow is this a bug? It's definitely ruining my day because my heavy assault is now consistently being gunned down by VS and TR heavy assaults as I'm not able to shoot with my nanite shield activated. Haven't tested this as TR or VS heavy assault yet but someone ingame jokingly said it's clearly an intended feature because 'NC are op'. *face palm*
  2. Pat22

It's a bug that is only affecting NC heavies.
    Until they hotfix it, consider playing another class or using an HS/NV scope
  3. CrazyFrog

yea the heavy shields block most of the down sight view when aiming when you have them turned on,its annoying I know xD
  4. Halkesh

I profit of this threat to say that VS heavy have this kind of bug with the S1 : when aiming down sight the overshield block the view.
    This bug was here before the 7/09/16 patch.
  5. KnightCole

Who in the actual **** thought that was a good idea!? yikes.
  6. Gundem

Is this specific to both x2 reflex and NMG?

I played a good bit of NC HA and had no such issues, though I was using Resist and a x1 reflex.
  7. ButterNutts

I don't consider it a bug.

It's ****** immersive don't you think?
  8. LaughingDead

Damn, we need to add gun jamming and actual laser beams travelling at the speed of light next. Also tank shells should go faster than a fuggin bullet, hell why do we have lock on launchers but not long range missiles? Why can't we utilize drop pods without a beacon?! Why do tanks flip on pebbles, how exactly do tanks die to two small bricks of explosives around 2 feet away from them and yet if you drop it on infantry he simply falls asleep til prince medic wakes him? Why can you even revive maxes when the important components are obviously destroyed? And anchor, how the **** does making a tank stand still increase it's projectile velocity? With maxes it could make some sense if the projectile was on a specialized platform for a increase in power supply to improve the weapon capabilities but tanks do not do that, at all. And zealot overdrive system...what? How does making energy flow better or increasing it make you more vulnerable to damage? Maxes obviously do not have a shield, so why would energy fluctuations such a massive armor failure? Also why do tanks take **** tons more damage in the *** but the sunderer in the front doesn't? I mean it would make sense if the engie was being destroyed but the sunderers engie is in the front, why else would you have exhaust vents there? How about why infiltrators can't have base turrets made by players? If it's connected to a main base structure with hackable recognition technology then why not player bases? Are players smarter than base designers? How bout why tech plants with no clear way to mass produce or even manipulate nanites, yet control whether or not you can spawn an MBT? Why is this just for the MBT as well? Liberators seem like a similar combat weapons platform, hell even harder to produce than a tank. But maybe the technology specific to a faction is in question here, but then why do you need no tech plant to spawn an ESF?

Heh. Gun jamming would piss TR off sooooo much. I don't even think lasers could jam, unsure about guass guns.
  9. MurgNC

It's not just the NMG.

I have the same problem with my NC Heavy's Resist Shield.
  10. FIN Faravid

Not true, after latest patch it has also happened to TR.
  11. FailasaurusRex

This happens on all my 6 characters (emerald and connery) that can use a 2x sight regardless of class.
    Have logged in but havent played ,for time, since then.
  12. Mirta00

Your non-HA classes have NMG equipped? :eek:
  13. FailasaurusRex

Should have been more clear.
    On low settings across all my chars using a 2x sight. When i get hit the majority of my screen goes from normal to a gray-ish opaque. This happens every time i take a hit. So mid fight the bulk of my screen is clear then opaque, again and again and again. Especially when i ADS. If i hip fire its not nearly as noticeable. Primarily i play engi and heavy. So i know its not NMG / heavy only.
    Gonna up my quality settings and see how it goes this afternoon.
    I dont have super high hopes this will get fixed as there hasnt been much chatter about this. So my lack of care came through in my above post.
  14. Lord_Avatar

No moving parts - no jamming, but - lasers could overheat and explode, killing the wielder instantly. :rolleyes:

Plasma containment failures, critical meltdowns, VS tears... One can only dream.
  15. Mirta00

Oh well thats a little more ..balanced lol.

I haven't had that experience myself in the past playing on low settings though. Is that another bug instead, just of a similar fashion maybe?

I suppose its hard to tell with varying hardware interacting with the game in so many peculiar ways.
  16. L00seCann0n

I thought TR guns fire caseless ammo, assuming thats true then by all means they shouldn't jam as often as our 21st century guns, but when they do they must be more difficult to fix.. like maybe field disassembly will be required. As for Gauss guns, shouldn't they require both battery and ammo?
  17. L00seCann0n

Might I add tanks should have stabilizers fitted on their main guns to allow firing on the move, and also laser distance measurer to allow accurate calculation of gun elevation required for each shot. Actually, gun elevation should be calculated by computer. Snipers are getting ballistic computers now so why not tanks too? These are 1970s technology afterall, and now even Chinese tanks have access to these things, so how come the people of the future somehow forgot about them all?

Edit: forgot to mention, I've played both the Battlefield series and Planetside and a few other games in between, and the only game that comes close to presenting modern armor warfare as it is is probably Project Reality mod for Battlefield 2
  18. Gundem

Nah, TR still use cartridges. You are thinking of the NC, who use a combination of caseless ammo and gauss propulsion in their weapons.
  19. Kdog559

It's also with VS shields as well. I tried using my s1 rocket launcher and the iron sights with the shield on is totally blocking my damn view. they need to fix that ****.
  20. customer548

This bug also affects NC Infi. Shield overcomes weapon sight when taking damages. It's barely playable.
    At first, I thought it was a new feature. :eek: (But I find it interesting. It adds more immersion in small fights.)
    It doesn't seem to affect VS Infi.
    I didn't try TR.
    There is a strange delay on Infi since the last patch : going out of cloak in order to open fire takes more time, sometimes you are able to shoot, sometimes you click as hell and your weapon takes way too long to fire a single bullet.