If the Engineer had an alternative to the repair tool...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SlugSniper, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Skooma Lord

I wish we could use certs to upgrade to this:[IMG]
    This would make repairing more interesting and give engineers a way to defend themselves while repairing without switching to a weapon. Also it could maybe have a cert upgrade to mine consortium.
  2. thebigbortishbort

unsure about the cortium part but this whole idea thus far , i can barely hold all of my yes.
  3. Ziggurat8

Are you sure those MAX arms made for repairs?
  4. Halkesh

I think all engineer should have the ability to give ammo and repair so all my idea have an alternate mode were the tool allow a slow repair.

Bait tool :
    This tool create a beam of nanite that create a iron bait with the same shape of a MAX.
    The bait have some HP witch decay rapidly. Creating a baiting MAX immediately overheat the tool.
    Alternate fire : you can repair things like with a normal tool (rank 1), but the cooldown is ~30 sec

EMP tool :
    Throw EMP bolt on single target. You can throw a few bolt before the tool overheat. Ranks increase the number of bolt, but not the repair rate.
    Alternate fire : repair thing at half the speed of a rank 1 repair tool.

Long range repair tool :
    Same as a standard repair tool but with an extended range at the cost of the repair speed. (maybe SlugSniper's ranged repair tool can fit this role.)

Shield tool :
    Deploy a shield structure on the ground witch can be used as cover. The shield HP will decay if you are not repairing it. (you can see the shield status on the shield structure) You can't shot through this shield. There is a 5 sec delay between the time you place the shield structure and the shield activate (to prevent abuse).
    Alternate fire : repair thing at half the speed of standard repair tool but it witch half cooldown. Structure shield are repaired 3 time faster by Shield tool.