Can I use 3 click mouse macro?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Granathar, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Granathar

I have A4 Tech X7 mouse which has built-in 3 click macro button. I have never used it before, because - well, it's not legal in nearly any FPS game. But I did some testing on VR training and this macro seriously improves burst control. I actually now nearly understand where chained headshots come from (Look at this thread: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...matrix-juke-moves-and-chain-headshots.241936/ ).

But question remains unchanged - is it legal to use this built in mouse macro in game? It's hardware macro, but well, it's macro.
  2. Ximaster

Why its not legal???? U have an incredible mouse!!! Use the for...mouse Luke!!!
  3. Granathar

Well, in Counter Strike I would definitely get banned for using my little red button of **** ****.
  4. Ximaster

In counter strike there is a function called espectator,where the dead can see ur actions,maybe people put his cam on u and they see ur weapon doing bursts all the time...maybe they think thet u are cheating. And i think that if u explain this to the devs who banned u,they can understand or say u that is already illegal.

Try to use on Planetside 2 or say this on other forums like reddit,maybe a dev can answer ur question better than me.
  5. AxiomInsanity87

My gaming mouses ui allows macros and I used them no problem on any pc game, legal or not.
  6. Archiadus

Seriously? o_O
  7. Taemien

1. Daybreak-wide policy on Macros is that you must be present at your computer when you use them. No unattended play. Thank Multi-boxing in EQ/EQ2 for this one.
    2. Planetside 2 policy is nothing that allows you to statpad, aka auto shooting a second account over and over.

Sounds like you're in the clear. One of the most common macros is one that will switch to the health kit, uses it, and switches back to the primary in one click. Your idea sounds benign in comparison.
  8. Liewec123

i wouldn't recommend rapid click macros with Battleeye getting silently implemented in the near future,
    we've all already signed the Battleye EULA so you could press the button and get instantly banned :p
  9. TheFlamingLemon

No, this would not, likely be legal. It is a macro that gives you an advantage over other players. That is cheating.
    • Up x 1
  10. Granathar

Is there a macro that is not giving advantage over other players?
  11. ObiVanuKenobi

You definitely wouldn't get banned because that macro is built in your mouse so there's no way to detect it and it doesn't really give any advantage, holding down for 1 sec or tapping your mouse button 3 times isn't hard at all.
  12. brruno

A macro gives you an advantage ? yes, maybe..
    Do you know what else gives you and advantage ?
    - higher res screen
    - higher refresh rate screen
    - lower latency screen
    - more powerful graphics ( more fps)
    - lower latency mouse and keyboard
    - better Internet connection
    - joystick to control aircraft ( mouse control is complete crap; and the worst, its on propose )

when are we gonna start checking for those too ?
  13. Granathar

It saves me some work with spamming LMB. And saves my mouse from destruction coming from this ;) But really, when I click 3 shot button 3 times, TR Repeater suddenly becomes a shotgun. Do it with Inquisitor (even in semi auto mode) and you have SMG. Also battle rifle becomes a little better with this, because you can basically burst fire with it. Can you do this manually? Of course, but you will destroy your mouse a little sooner than you would like to. Still - it's artificial help for me. But crosshair overlays are legal (and they are even more artificial) so I don't know why 3 click mouse button shouldn't be.
  14. FieldMarshall

Short answer is no you cant use it. Its not allowed.

They have said multiple times that its only allowed as long as one click = one action, then its fine.
    This is from 2012 but (most likely) still relevant since i havent heard them change their stance on macros:

• Up x 2
  15. Halsoy

This is a truth with modifications. ALL guns in PS2 have a cycle time. It doesn't matter if you have a macro to click at 1ms intervals, a gun can only cycle as fast as its programmed to. So no, it's not such a massive improvement as you make it out to be. If you actually experience such a drastic difference it's just because you have a terrible slow click rate in the first place.
  16. Gundem

Not completely true. As especially the higher RoF Semi-auto weapons, we can often oversample them and effectively lower your RoF in consequence.

The ability to spam clicks 1ms apart would absolutely ensure you get the highest possible RoF on them, though it is not as significant of an advantage as some might believe...

Unless of course you are using the Beamer. ****** 9 clicks per second baloney.
  17. Halsoy

That's kinda why I said that to notice a drastic difference you need to be a slow clicker in the first place. I'm not specifically a fast clicker, but I get anywhere between 6.5 and 7.5 clicks/s. The problem is more related to mouse control while clicking, not the actual click speed itself. And stuff like the Beamer is the exception and far from the rule.
  18. Gundem

Uh... Oversampling is the result of clicking too fast or too slow, you know that?

Just to make sure we are on the same page here.
  19. Halsoy

Yes.

Again, the point of me saying "if you are a slow clicker" is to emphasize that any increased actual rate of fire is probably due to your clicking pattern being off, not that the macro is actually making the gun fire faster than it previously could. There's only 2 or 3 guns that have a sample rate above that of what I can click (to my memory anyway). There's other factors as well, such as button latency, monitor and sound latency (if you go by cues instead of just spamming) or simply just you mistiming it while actually having a perfect rhythm. Point being, if you had a decent click pattern in the first place, a macro wouldn't make a difference on anything but a very, very, very few number of guns.
  20. Diggsano

The Developer said that ALL Macros are allowed as long they do not move the mouse.

Here you go.

Have Fun.