WHY NOT A SPITFIRE AUTO TURRET FOR MAIN BATTLE TANKS

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nefaris, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Daigons

Does the OP realize that C4 can be dropped way out of the range of any deployed spitfire turret? Maybe if the OP would drift a mile in the shoes of a LA, they'll see how dumb some tanker are and maybe learn something along the way.
  2. FeralBoy

Translation = I want to sit at range in an armored weapons platform and one-shot farm soft targets that for the most part have inadequate or no means of fighting back. I also want to remove both of the only two 1shot methods they have of doing to me exactly what I do to them. Even though their risk is far more exceptional. I basically don't want to be responsible for my own awareness while I try to farm the other unawares and would like their counters to my farming them removed.
  3. MihaiMadrid

What if they put C4 on Stalker Infiltrator ??? ******* suicide bombers
  4. cobaltlightning

Honestly, I'd be down for the idea.
    Spitfire are absolute crap, but no one wants to gun my Basilisks.

the C4 Fairies would still have themselves a target, they just gotta work a little harder to kill it, is all. And there's another way to kill vehicles with C4, like a pseudo-manually controlled AV Mine, or simply using cover.

The Spitfire Turret for Tanks probably shouldn't beep or give you hit markers, so there's no way of knowing if it detects that Medic Flanking you.

Someone else in the thread said it would also benefit the 'in your face' style of Tank gameplay, which is my favourite kind for the Magrider.
  5. FeralBoy

Can you blame them? Why would any semi competent gunner want to gun a Basilisk on a MBT when they can just wait for another tanker that actually spent a few certs to get a much more viable secondary? :confused:
    Yes, because C4ing tanks as a LA is already so low risk and easy... :rolleyes:
    It doesn't need to, it already did it's most basic and critical job by simply firing, so that even the thickest headed of tankers could probably figure out that moving is a good idea.
    You can call it in-your-face or aggressive, I'll call it reckless and careless. Either way I don't know why you would ever reward players who admit that they don't like to pay attention by giving them tools that would only encourage them to be even less aware, that in turn would directly punish the efforts of players who actually Do care about being aware.

If you want to throw away your nanite cost prohibitive MBT as quickly as you can than it only stands to reason that others should also have the ability to flush it down the toilet just as quickly as you do.
  6. Juunro

MBT's already have access to an anti-C4 faerie weapon though; proximity radar + a Kobalt w/ thermals. Or in the NC's case, the Canister. The Marauder and PPA are harder to hit a flying target with, I'll grant...
  7. ColonelChingles

Instead of a Spitfire turret, it should be some sort of Active Protection System.

[IMG]

It would automatically target incoming medium projectiles (like rockets) and other hostile objects (like infantry) in a 10m radius (upgradable), destroying these targets before they could become a threat.

The downside would be that it would require 60 seconds to recharge (upgradable) and would only destroy one target before it had to recharge (upgradable). The tactic to overwhelm the APS would be to launch multiple projectiles in a short time frame to deplete the APS, or to launch a coordinated infantry charge instead of lone-wolfing it.

It would also replace the secondary weapon, meaning significantly reduced effectiveness against other vehicles, aircraft, and infantry at range.

There would be a visually obvious tower with flashly lights to tell you if the vehicle was equipped with APS and if it was still effective. Not unlike the BF series.

[IMG]

Finally it would not be effective against projectiles of 75mm and over, meaning that a tank with an APS would be especially vulnerable to other tanks.
    • Up x 1
  8. dugital

i would love that, would make tank zerg fights interesting
  9. Devilllike

it would make tanks in general far more interesting
    • Up x 1