Game crashes after launch

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by fart11eleven, Jun 13, 2016.

1. fart11eleven

Click P22 launcher, hit play. Affter 90 - 100% loaded it just exited without error. I tried more than 5 times. Then i did a mistake and searched for a fix. For some reason i went to steam, right clicked on ps2 in the games tab, and hit "validate cache" or something, now it wants to download the whole game for me again, which takes around 5 hours.

The problem occured, i think, when i tried to log out. I played normally just like everyday, but this time the logout did not bring me to the character selection menu, it simply crashed without any message.

Thanks for attention, i think this will remain an unssolved mysterie *plays Akte X in the background*
  2. Wonderfool

There's a note in the forum index site saying this: "Status: 6/13/2016 17:43 PDT - We are currently investigating a potential issue with network connectivity to the game." So probably they're going to solve this in a couple of hours or at least give us further notes when they know more of it. I'm experiencing the exact same problem as you are.
  3. Kalashar

Same thing happened yesterday. Everything seems fine until we hit the big new splash screen...scroll bar in upper left then goes to about 90% and hangs...then after 10 seconds or so crashes....over and over... This is for PC PS2. Validating Assets should not make you reload the whole game. Sounds like a problem with the authentication server rather than network connectivity. If it were the latter, the launcher would not connect at all--I have noticed that the news is slow to load on the launcher. Hope this helps.
  4. Zen_Master

DDoS attack or service outage likely in progress.
  5. fart11eleven

Alright, i saw the "We are currently investigating a potential issue with network connectivity to the game.", it might be exactly what happend to me, but in my panic i hit the "validate cache" thing on steam (see my #1) and now it tries to redownload the whole game again. Any clue how i can stop this? I have the download on pause now.

EDIT in steam i went to library, right click on planetside 2 -> properties -> local files tab, and there "verify integrity of game cache", which now causes to redownload the whole game :/
  6. DeadAlive99

I've been having an awful time with it for the last few hours, but I thought it was on my end because yesterday I started having issues with DNS and web surfing stalling out, and my ISP detected signal issues and scheduled a tech to come out.

So, I guess it's just a coincidence having both problems at the same time.

FTR, I cannot make it to the char. login screen at the moment.
  7. DeadAlive99

This is a known Steam design quirk. Even if there's a single file missing or that needs updating, it will sometimes display the progress such that you think it's going to redownload the whole thing, but it won't. It will run for a bit, get the new stuff, and then make a huge leap to the end of the progress bar.

I can't absolutely guarantee this will be the case for you, but I've experienced this multiple times. It's just more sloppy coding on the part of 'kompewtohr eggspurtz'.
  8. fart11eleven

Well it was a nice calmer for that day, but today i actually tried and i am now 3 hours into the download. I have to redownload 10 Gigs (8 of 10 aleardy done). Don't know if that is the whole game, but sure enough, just for the simple reason i hit "verify integrity of game cache" during the occurence of this problem.

Any future suggestions? Never hit that button again probably :) But sure thing, that was annoying, if this wasn't PS2 and i liked it, i wouldn't have bothered.

Hope devs are aware of this issue, because i can't imagine i was the only fool hitting that button during login issues ^^
  9. DeadAlive99

Wow, that definitely sucks.. :(