[Suggestion] My personal ideas for the game...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jake the Dog, May 31, 2016.

1. Jake the Dog

Wall of text incoming, but please read, I insist.

1st off instroduce the Collossus.

2. MBTs represent heavy armor, its time they actually represent armor. all HMGs do no damage vs tanks and any light grenades will do even less damage. Lightnings have increased resistance to HMG fire and grenade esque weapons.

3. Rockets do more damage to vehicle, Rockets now take up the primary weapon slot on the heavy. buff damage accordingly.

4. Create an ES highspeed bomber. With varying payloads, Anti armor rounds and HE.

5. Introduce more Anti-MBT specific weaponry.

6. Tank lethality buff that was promised ages ago...

7. Introduce more cannons for lightning and MBTs
    -Lightnings would get a lighter version of the MBT with a L-"X" designation.
    -VS Persistent beam weapon
    -TR Rapid fire Auto cannon High dps, low alpha, has bloom.
    -NC RAILGUN (for christ's sake give them a railgun already)

8. IFV style NS vehicle, room for 4 passengers, 1 driver, 1 primary gunner, 1 secondary.
    -Primary weapon would be similar to the TR Autocannon, more accurate, less damage/dps, high gun elevation.
    -Secondary would be a basilisk to start with the unique option of having a G2G lock-on missile launcher, a wire guided launcher, with some of the NS standard options to boot.
    - Can serve as a squad spawn.
    - Less armor than a MBT, weak to AP rounds and suffers more damage from HEAT, (having an armor penetrator with high explosive explode within a troop transport...)

9. Add two more tech plants to esamir.

10. Change tech plant bonus to a small HP regen for ALL vehicles including aircraft.

11. Bases
    - make MBTs pullable from ONLY major bases and player made bases for a cortium and nanite cost, you pay the nanites the base suffers a cortium penalty which leads to my next point..
    - vehicles can be pulled from player bases.
    - Stealth generator high cortum consumption rate, stealths vehicles and infantry.
    - Base artillery, to defeat ridiculous zergs and stupid av positions.
    - A base owner can lock his base to his own, or too only his squad/platoon

12. "X" vehicle ace title, with banner to match upon completing ARX.

13. Trying something new (ie a weapon class/class/vehicle) you don't have alot of kills with or used alot will yield a higher XP bonus.

14. Buying a vehicle name you can slap on your tank that is unique to your vehicles. IE: i like to call my prowler the Bruce Lee. (that would be taken so quickly sadly as would "Maggie") This would appear on the barrel of the prowler/vanguard and on the side of the magrider.

15. MBT turret cosmetic, magrider would get an extra cosmetic that can stack over the current one, similar to the ESFs being able to have cockpits that are basically an extra cosmetic plating.

Yes its alot of text, and could be wishful thinking. These are ideas that I personally think would make the game better.

You have a sick idea you'd like added? Post it here! I'll be here... waiting for the 41gig DL of Witcher III to finish...
    • Up x 2
  2. BurntMyWater

2) MBT's feeling like real tanks would be nice, but I don't want to see the Basilisk HMG becoming obsolete. Many people run Basilisks solely because of their versatility.

3) I didn't think I would agree with this, but I can actually see this working. Splitting the roles between AI Heavy and AV Heavy could be interesting.

7) YES
  3. Mezinov

It sounds like this is what you are looking for;
    http://wiki.planetsidesyndicate.com/index.php?title=Deliverer

or This, This and This.

My point is there is already a PS1 precedent, and I will avoid jumping up on my soap box about how PS2 should have launched with a minimum of a PS2-ified version of everything in PS1.
    • Up x 1
  4. LaughingDead

I want my railgun :(
  5. BurntMyWater

You'll take your shotgun and you'll like it.
  6. CommanderC2121

1: what is that?
    2:ehh, maybe, but then things like sunderers stand no chance unless they spec to be anti tank
    3: part 1, yes. Part 2.......no. That sounds like a horrible way to set a class up.
    4:sure
    5:yes
    6:yes
    7:YES
    8:Yes please
    9:yep
    10: i could see that as ok, but that kimda ruins the medic class, just like imo having a biolab reduces the medic to a revive slave. The difference is engineers cant revive vehicles
    11: on ps4, idk how contrusction works yet, but sounds fine.
    12:sure
    13:sure
    14:yes please
    15:sure.
  7. LaughingDead

NO! I HAVE A THREE BURST SHOTGUN, A SHOTGUN ON MY TANK, A SHOTGUN ON MY PLANE, A SHOTGUN ON TOP OF MY OTHER SHOTGUN WITH A SHOTGUN SECONDARY, A SHOTGUN JEEP A SHOTGUN ATV, ENUF SHOTGUNS, I WANT A RAILGUN!
    • Up x 1
  8. Jake the Dog

1. Collossus is a Super heavy NS tank.

3. Giving a Light machine gun and a rocket launcher too the same class makes more sense?
    10. It would be a small regen to vehicles and trust me that wouldn't mean people will stop repping. When i had NAR on my tank I still would get out and rep and this would be less than NAR. Its just a minor buff to increase the sustainment of the vehicles over long distance, would suffer the same problem NAR does with a 12s restart time after damage is taken.
  9. PatateMystere

HMG in this game are 20-30mm caliber guns. They do damage armor. They do.
    A HEAT round doesn't work like this at all. It's an explosive formed very high speed projectile. Not an explosive penetrator.
  10. Jake the Dog

Not really... You're probably thinking of the GAU-8, yes? The reason the 30mm chain gun on the A-10 punctures armor is that it has so MANY MANY MANY rounds impacting over a small area, otherwise no, to my knowledge a 20-30mm will not penetrate modern MBT armor, the cold war was the end of things like anti-tank rifles. Sorry Archer, but in a real Auraxian war you're useless vs. armor...

The Basi does not have the ROF to get this effect...
  11. PatateMystere

No, I'm thinking about usual 20-40mm guns, like the 30-40mm from ATK, can auto or burst 5 rounds in a 30cm circle at 1000m.
    Depend on the ammunition but, if you shoot enough you will get through. That's exactly what is happening in the game when you empty 150 basilisk ammo in the MBT. (takes about 150 bullets at close range side armor)
    Caliber is only secondary in ballistics, all matters is the ammunition. 30-40mm APFSDS are commons. APFSDS are long rod penetrators, roughly the deph of penetration of this kind of projectile in steel is about the lengh of the rod. A 30 mm ammo carry roughly a 15-20 cm long dart. 30 x 173 APFSDS are the mendatory ammunitions for STANAG lvl 6 protection.
    GAU-8 ammunitions penetrate armor from the top. I already told you, the top armor is weaker on armored vehicules. (basicly on most APC, 7.62 WC core or higher (12.7 AP, or 14.5 AP like ) can penetrate the top armor like butter.)
  12. Halkesh

This is NS colossus tank, announced 1 (or 2 year ago).
    The goal was to make a squad manned tank or something like that (you couldn't control it if you're alone or only 2)
    [IMG]
  13. Demigan

Naturally.

Not a fan. MBT's don't need even more protection. You can make them more tanky with new sweet abilities though. Rather than just shield, anchor and magburn you could give each MBT an ES ability. One for defense, one for offense, one for mobility. Update the current one's so they are equally matched to each other and equally wanted with the new abilities.
    Besides that, they can get things like co-ax guns, other extra weapons mounted on the chassis and new primary canons to expand their lethality and options.

Not a fan. I would rather add new utility weapons for the Heavy, this would quell the complaints that Heavies can kill vehicles for free. Just imagine equipping a few LAW's that cost resources, have a lot lower downtime and allow a small group of infantry to better engage vehicles, but at the cost of resources.

It's called "give ESF some bomb-bay secondaries". Preferably while removing their extremely accurate secondaries like the rocketpod and hornet. These weapons can be installed on a combat variant of the Valkyrie. The Valkyrie might have more health, but the lack of afterburner and a better eye for when it becomes dangerous help balance it out.

Yes please. Especially infantry could gain from a slew of non-lethal weaponry to give them defensive options when attacked by vehicles.

Rather than a direct buff (how can you buff the OHK weapons anyway without simply adding lethal AOE's?) I would add things like varying co-ax canons and/or a tertiary top-mounted canon that can be used as light AA.
    Maybe also things like an explosion around your vehicle to damage and kill infantry that are too close, would help tremendously when you are driving through infantry if you can hit them with a clientside weapon rather than praying they happen to walk on your path on their screen.

Eh, Lightnings already have an AP, HE and HEAT version, and then some more. So what do you mean with that?

VS weapon would probably become a chain-Lancer in visuals (not damage, it's so sad that I have to actually mention that alongside or people might not understand), not a fan of that idea.
    Actually, they pull it off with the medic-beam, so if it works something like that... Yeah why not.

TR Autocanon should be an AI weapon that each faction has access too, ES of course. This adds an AI canon not based on AOE but on skill, and with proper shell velocity and accuracy one of these could be the answer against AV nests in high places where AOE becomes useless anyway.

Railgun, sure.

I think you need to explain more than that. Right now it looks like a Sunderer with less capacity and a gimmicky weapon, and a Sunderer is a damn well armored vehicle with lots of abilities and dirt cheap.
    How fast is it? What are defining characteristics that really set it apart from the Sunderer? Maybe give it rumble seats?

Maybe, not sure.

Maybe, not sure.

A base owner can already do that can't he?

Anyway, stealth generator aside I think it's a good idea. Just imagine some anchored Prowlers with repair/ammo Sunderers on a hill... stealth! They can wait somewhere for you to pass, then blow you to bits before you can react or even see where you are.

Yes.

Yes.

If they can manage that, sure. I just forsee a way for people to show their "funny" side and write all the words for insults and genitals. Somehow there's a humor content in there above the 5-year-old idea that it gets them a strong reaction, I just have to find it.

Sure.

Meh, wasn't that much. It was short and to the point, I could learn from that XD.

I'll come back to you on that.
  14. ColonelChingles

You're forgetting that in the future almost everything has been "upgraded" in terms of calibre. Probably because armour has simply gotten thicker.

In PS2, Kobalts are 12.7mm LMGs. Today, a 12.7mm weapon would be considered a HMG.
    In PS2, Basilisks are 20mm HMGs. Today, a 20mm weapon would be an autocannon.

It would make logical sense that as armour has progressed, weapons have been downgraded over time. It's why an 85mm tank gun is no longer effective for anti-tank work and has been relegated (in the few militaries that still employ them) as an assault/infantry support gun. It's why near-future tanks are possibly getting 140mm guns over the 120/125mm ones we currently use.

So I think having the Basilisk rounds bounce off of a future tank is pretty fair. I mean these are the same 20mm Basilisk rounds that fail to penetrate personal infantry armour, right? :p If it's not going through squishy infantry, it's certainly not going through tank armour.

As for PS2's 30mm Vulcan/Tank Buster weapons... a single look at those eeny, teeny barrels and the lackluster velocity would suggest that pelting the roof of a 21st century MBT would result in next to no damage. :D
  15. PatateMystere

Like I said, everything is about the ammunition. You can make HEAT 20mm rounds. It would perform better than basic metal rounds.
    Let's said, they are APFSDS rounds or AP rounds (as the penetrator of a 20mm AP round is about 10 cm long, it's still a long rod penetrator as APFSDS). Deph of penetration is driven by density of the penetrator and velocity.
    Like I demonstrate in a previous thread, the velocities in the game are reflecting real velocity but in a game distance range. As the game engagement distances are smaller by a factor 4 (roughly), vehicules weapon do have muzzle velocity reduce by the same factor. It's a matter of scale. So apply this scale to weapons data and you will see that velocities are consistents with real ammunition velocities ( but for velocity at range, thanks to nanites, volocity of projectiles in the game are not affected by air resistance and it stays constant)
    So velocities are ok. Maybe density? We dont know. We dont have a clue on the material of the projectile and it's density. It might even be a nanite projectile that "eat" the target on impact !! The bigger round, the more nanaites it can carry and the more armor it can eat??

Why do we have a caliber increase in real life armored vehicule? It's because of armor improvement yes, but not only. You will defeat anay armor with 20-40mm gun, but it will takes time. In real life we want a one shot- one kill weapon. Dead ennemy do not fight back. This is why, we can see an increase of the gun caliber. Mostly because the heat round of a 140mm gun is bigger than a 105mm and it can penetrate more armor. Also, because APFSDS round can have more speed (more powder). But bigger guns carry, bigger problems (some recoil, but more concerns about size, it take a lot of volume in the vehicule, and weight)

One shot kills dont applies to this game when it comes to armor fights. So, it's a matter of balance. Maybe it's not really accurate according to reality but in it's scale it's ok, quite realistic and a lot more fun to play.
  16. WeRelic

Took me a couple sessions, but I read everything (I have the attention span of a fly). Great ideas!
  17. Demigan

Finally some sense! Yes that's exactly it!

I've told Chingles before, we can't use modern-day armor and penetration to compare the PS2 battlefield. These tanks are build in less than a second, they don't require maintenance or fuel and as evidenced by the aircraft, ammo can be stored in nanite form and be re-created on the hardpoints after firing. The vehicles can also be repaired by a small stream of nanites out of a gun...
    So the ammo we fire does not destroy based on kinetics, but either on chemicals or the nanites themselves. These nanites can recreate themselves in the form of a hornet missile, it's not unthinkable that these nanites are still active. Since these nanites can build a tank in seconds it's much easier to build a less advanced nanite (IE one that doesn't cost nanites so dirt cheap are they) that simply deconstructs whatever it comes in contact with.
    The AOE's we see are relatively small and always the same size because upon impact, the nanites are set at a specific rate of deconstruction. The slower the rate, the farther they disperse before their energy runs out and the larger the AOE. That's why an HE shell deals less damage than an AP shell: It has a much less concentrated deconstruction. It also explains weapon-specific damage ratio's: the nanites were slightly specialized to deconstruct that type of armor.

This explains just about everything: How infantry AV can penetrate and damage vehicles, how HE, HEAT and AP works, why C4, which costs specialized nanites, can be so effective, why the Liberator TB can be so effective (well not quite, but OK).
    • Up x 1
  18. WeRelic

Good post. Thats actually one of the most reasonable explanations I've seen for some of the nonsense in game, despite being a more elaborate "ITS NANITES!" post.
    • Up x 1
  19. Jake the Dog

Going to go paragraph by paragraph in response.
    New ES abilities could go a long way for the MBTs, I also completely forgot about the Co-ax idea (despite showing my support for it on numerous occasions). This would tie into the lethality quite well.
    -Mobility can fall under a defense category technically speaking, since i don't know how you could get a mobility upgrade for the prowler/vanguard... Except... maybe they could take another mobility enhancer like racer or rival... But with diminished gains. Would you take a vanguard that goes 75kph(ish or even more!) and lose your shield?

-This ties into the Anti-MBT lethality. the reasoning behind it is because when a MBT is assaulting a base there are often ALOT of heavies on the other side (and your side as well hopefully), every single one has a rocket launcher, this is made worse with something like the lancer but it makes the tanks life rather short IF the tanker stays to engage enemy infantry for any protracted period of time. But if RLs are buffed to even levels double their current state, these could be made much more lethal! The only thing would be not everyone would have one, and if you focus all of your guys into AV all of the sudden a single infil comes around and you have no mid-long range weapons to use. Ofc everything would be subject to balance, lancer might need much more diminished damage at range (but still significant and more than now). The pheonix would be able to ohk infantry again, however RLs can no longer be fired from spawn... Mana-AV can but not Rls... Partly an improvement on the NC pop that will hide in spawn and just shoot pheonix's at the enemy annoying them, but ultimately accomplishing nothing, it has a time and a place.

-So what I mean by the lighrtning part is this. The prowler gets a single barrel rapid fire AC (autocannon) that does X dmg, the TR lightning would receive the AC-L variant with decreased performance. Similar to harasser secondaries complared to MBT secondaries. The persistant beam weapon would have decreasing performance the farther the target is away, but the closer he is you will be doing MUCH more damage. It would be a dps weapon for brawling, somewhere about within 30m you will outdps a P2-120 AP, but anything past 150m and you'll only be scratching the pain however. <- This could be a nightmare. But thats where our friend rapid fire AC comes in. This gun would have a higher DPS than the P2-120, but with bloom, think a Saron of MBT guns. The NC railgun would be slightly less damage than the titan, but travel at an insane velocity, accuracy wouldn't be a problem, another way you could go with that one is increase its damage to some ridiculously high number like 2500 but give it a dps less the the Titan-AP. <- Everything in this post would be subject to balancing, I cannot stress that enough, I'm no game designer and I just go off what I THINK might be the best route.

A sunderer with a powerful multi-role weapon, with a unique secondary with armor second only to the MBTs. That doesn't need to deploy to be a squad spawn (think ground Valk if the valk was actually lethal). You could go alot of way with this vehicle imho. Also I'd like it to be a tracked vehicle I've seen people with pics of a vehicle on tires... This is a tank/APC not a truck.

A bonus thing I'd like to see is flexible lightning track, make that thing more all-terrain, split the tracks into four part, (think scorpion from halo with more track maneuverability). This make the design to be less rigid and allow for it to traverse terrain without alot of issues. May also breath more life into the lightning.

Hope I hit all the main points you were after.
  20. Sovereign533

1. Hmmm, no. We don't really need it at the moment. In the future, but not yet I think.
    2. I agree kind off. But in a different way. 2x C4 doesn't blow a Sundy, so shouldn't blow an MBT either. A Vanguard weighs about 70t! Make it feel like it. Tracked vehicles should stick to the surface like glue and climb well.
    3. Hmmm, no... That's ok-ish I think
    4. Sure
    5. Well... Do we need that?
    6. Can't comment, was that promised?
    7. Yes please!
    8. Sounds good! :D
    9. Agreed
    10. Could do, forgot what the current Tech Plant bonus does except give the ability to spawn MBT's at those vehicle terminals
    11. Agreed with the vehicle spawning from a player constructed base, but that will come I think. Stealth Generator, why not cloak everything but modules actively doing something (Skyshield as long as shield is up, repair module when its repairing, turrets when shooting, shield modules). Mixed about Artillery though, can't have something that farms infantry without counter (annoys people), but if it only damages structures, sure.
    12. Sounds good
    13. Is that needed?
    14. A decal like that would be nice. Would leave up to abuse though. I wouldn't make the name unique. I think it would be cool as a bonus after auraxiuming the directive for that vehicle (not just MBT's)
    15. Yes please! Lightning turret looks terrible... even if the body looks nice then that small thing on top ruines the look :(