CONTROLS: Where are mouse axis setting for aircraft?

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by warmachine1, Mar 9, 2014.

1. BioBrain

BUMP
    • Up x 1
  2. AZAN

It should be added, however I personally am not a fan of having lots of different control schemes in a game. There are built in advantages and disadvantages to different controls and I don't think that should be the case ideally.

For instance I would suspect that while the current key control for yaw is much better at general flight, the mouse yaw would be better at aiming. Not sure whether I would switch if I had the choice.
  3. xxx-reaper

That's not the point, there are pilots that would use it still and adjust the settings as needed. The point is that some people WILL use the option and that option should be made available, even if the majority doesn't care. It has no negative impact, no on'es gonna force you to use it.
    • Up x 3
  4. Nakor

+1 to this, I love flying in pretty much every combined arms game I've played, except this one. The inability to rebind the mouse for pitch AND yaw is absolutely terrible and it's a damn shame because I would have a TON of fun in the air if I could use the control scheme I wanted.
    • Up x 1
  5. Khodexus

I've been wanting mouse yaw for a very long time, even if it's very slow. It's not like the pitch isn't slow too.

I use a [IMG] Logitech G13 game pad, which works fine for infantry and ground vehicles. I use the analog stick for roll and pitch in aircraft since that is the most intuitive/natural when it comes to flight controls with an analog, and just want to use the mouse for aiming, but in the current state of the game this is impossible.

There's basically no point trying to learn a sub-optimal control scheme for me, that I will have to unlearn at a later date, and so I will simply wait until they fix this. If they ever do.
    • Up x 2
  6. DirArtillerySupport

Direct all your sub-optimal control rage into shooting down anything that flies. If we can't fly..why should they?
    • Up x 1
  7. Nalothisal

Max Stealth + Max Racer + Skyguard Lightning = Sweet Pilot Tears. :p
  8. xxx-reaper

9. Thurwell

Amusing that people will spend 3 years complaining about this rather than 20 minutes in VR learning to fly with the current controls. Keep it up!
  10. taod3mon

As amusing as wasting time on a game that can't get basic control options sorted for 3 years when there are other games that get it right?
    • Up x 3
  11. Gremmel

spent hours in VR flying, it's still ****
    • Up x 2
  12. TR5L4Y3R

old post is old .. and scrap aircraftcontrols are still scrap aircraftcontrols ...
    • Up x 1
  13. tgreg

have you ever tried aiming with the A and D keys? it's awful

I'm probably leaving this game because of that
    • Up x 1
  14. Oleker2

The lack of this option is what stopped me from using ESF... the controls are simply not intuitive to me and there is no option to change them to something more natural to my brain.
  15. JD93

This post was removed because it has non relevancy whith this topic.