CONTROLS: Where are mouse axis setting for aircraft?

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by warmachine1, Mar 9, 2014.

1. warmachine1

Cause other forum sections are systematically being ignored, im going to post a few links here:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/2014-still-no-mouse-yaw-for-aircraft.176911
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/wait-i-roll-how-esf-controls.166358
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/reminder-rebind-yaw-on-mouse_x.128345
    It has been suggested since beta & never got any official answer.
    Not all problems of PS2 are visible in server stats & spreadsheets
    • Up x 14
  2. MistaN

Exactly...
    We've been BEGGING & BEGGING for this since early beta. They've told us time and time again that they'd go ahead and throw it in since all the whiners were begging for it. Smedley himself said that they would go ahead and add it in when he had a livestream right before the game went from beta to live.

They already mentioned that it would take next to no work so I'm still not sure why we dont have it. Very hard to aim precisely with YAW on the keyboard
    • Up x 6
  3. Prudentia

Guys, you can't change that because there are only 2 movement axis that give even fast enough momentum that you don't have to drag the mouse 10 times over your keyboard for a 90° turn.

Just learn to turn by moving right/left and then up, it's not that hard. and the Key aim IS PRECISE because it moves so slow.
    • Up x 1
  4. warmachine1

BF4 Yaw is even lower (about half on jets) & it is still better for me to keep yaw on mouse.
    We will not use yaw to turn 90°, but to make fast small corrections when strafing targets.
    • Up x 7
  5. warmachine1

*bumpd
    • Up x 3
  6. JudgeNu

Like infantry? lol
  7. iccle

Axis settings definitely need a rework, my flight stick is near unusable in planetside2 because its just too damn sensitive, the minimum deadzone/sensitivity just do not go low enough in game.
    • Up x 2
  8. DeadliestMoon

From what I know, Kevmo handles all vehicle combat related stuff but he never checks his twitter so I dont know who to try to talk to about this.
    • Up x 1
  9. Goretzu

Using a joystick in PS2 must be a similar experience to trying to fly after 20 pints of Guniness. :D
    • Up x 2
  10. Ziogatto89

Do you do 90° turns with yaw???? Eitherway nobody stops you from setting extra key commands to turn yaw digitally. I currently use both the 3 and 4 keys as well as the mouse for pitching, when I need to pitch a lot and quickly I press the keys otherwise I use the mouse. There's pros and cons to both methods hence allowing us to CUSTOMIZE controls is only a good thing and if you don't care about it good for you, doesn't mean the rest of us have to adapt to the way you play.

........and the dogfighting airframe gets penalized because it increases yaw so much it becomes hard to precisely use it, not to mention if we had analogic control the faster yaw rates would be so much of an advantage instead of the stupid disadvantage they are right now!

I can't even remember the last time i ran dogfighting airframe to dogfight anymore... it's always hover stability because of this stupid control limitation.
    • Up x 3
  11. xxx-reaper

That's not an excuse to not have the option. There are people with ball mouses, and all you have to do is set it up to a slow drag so the sensitivity of the mouse is relevant to the ship and it buffers the mouse movement into the current move status so you only have to move your mouse left a certain amount and it will start moving that amount for you still retaining your ability to move up and down or re-designate your movement by moving right again. It's actually a simple program, I've worked on one before.

Some people have different preferences for how they handle their controls, it's nice to have the option, even if only 1% of 1% of people us it.
    • Up x 2
  12. WarmasterRaptor

OP, get ready to be flamed by people telling you you don't know what's best for you and your gameplay.
    • Up x 4
  13. Nalothisal

How many times must we scream SOE? Do we have to go to Las Vegas and picket your SOE Live program with "Mouse Axis in PS2 NOW!"?... actually that's not a bad idea. =P
    • Up x 2
  14. WarmasterRaptor

You need to photobomb all the pictures they take and be in every background when they film! :p
    • Up x 1
  15. Runegrace

I'd also like analog v-thrust put back in. Plus the ability to set different sensitivities while using an optic. Good luck to the PS4 players if the air controls remain as-is.
  16. Tanelorn

Bump
    • Up x 1
  17. tijolo

Why insist? They do worse than deny the request. They will simply ignore it again. Like they have. For years. They don't give a **** about what we want or say. How much community interaction from the devs do you see going on around here? This forum is a way for the community to communicate amongst itself. And we are all well aware of this yaw issue. Seriously, check the staff post tracker and 99% of what you'll see is "let's close this one up" and patch notes.
  18. DirArtillerySupport

Without mouse yaw I will NEVER fly. The air game is dead to me.

Mouse yaw remains for me the canary in the coal mine. It sums up everything I feel about future development of this game.
    • Up x 1
  19. FunBotan

I wonder if anyone demanding mouse yaw has ever played actual sims.
    For me it's hard to live without analog yaw of a flightstick tho (because my flightstick is totally useless in PS2 - even if the game allowed me to bind everything correctly, ESFs are simply not planes).
  20. DirArtillerySupport

Ok I'll bite...my first flight sim was Flight Simulator II for the C64 back in the early 80's. ;-)