Everythign wrong with construction, in one SS !

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hoothers, May 1, 2016.

1. Hoothers

As you can see from the image bellow...a large amount of forces, and NO FIGHTING.
    Everyone waiting behind a wall, or a turret made by them! Camping like never before, for an enemy that most of the time wont bother to go there, because they are also busy camping their own bases.
    Where is the fighting ! The HUGE battles promised ?
    This update is still fresh, but as the time goes by, lack of action will drive players away.
    [IMG]

Is this the gameplay you had in mind , when you praised the update? Sitting in your own base, doing NOTHING , like in the ss presented?
    This goes for all 3 factions.
    • Up x 4
  2. HadesR

Been playing for 2 hours ish and have had nothing but 48+ Static Dev made Base fights ..
    • Up x 4
  3. Hoothers

All i could find were some 12/24 skirmishes here and there, mostly at Crown. But the rest of the continent is pretty much everyone behind his turret, camping, wasting time.
    Pulling the graph for xp/hour clearly shows a decrease .
    This will not end well. There is another thing here to comment, ppl build their base , they take quite a while to be build up, and when such base gets destroyed, half of the platoon logs off.
    Like , at once, all together.
    • Up x 2
  4. FateJH

I think the important question is whether all of those other players that you are describing are enjoying what they are currently doing.

(I admit more proactive approaches towards each others' enemy bases might be beneficial to gameplay. You start that rally cry in your squad's or platoon's chat. Or, rally people to ignore the enemy fortifications, where possible, and push the lane. The concept of building groups should be to get like-minded people together to accomplish a goal, because that's what they want to do.)
    • Up x 1
  5. JobiWan

It needs time. The other night me and a friend spent about 2 hours just messing about with Ants and building stuff, just to see what it was like, I'm sure others are doing the same.

That being said, I've had no problems finding a fight on a regular base.

Personally I think the construction system is a good thing overall but it's more weighed towards larger organised squads/outfits who can team together and build something, and not so much for small squads or lone wolf players.
  6. toast2250

Your exaggerating. Give it some time, this already is and will be even more awesome when it gets fine tuned and settles in.

[IMG]
  7. Lemposs

Oh no, people are playing with the new toys! :rolleyes:

Urgh... It is like the people that complained about the harasser and Valkyrie, being overused and not achieving enough... Both of those found their place (RIP Valkyrie), and the game went on.

It is not like base building magically removed the rest of the game, people will return to that when they don't find the base building/defending interesting enough, and base building will be left to those that have a clear idea what to do with it and might just spice up the game from time to time.
    • Up x 1
  8. Movoza

DOOOOOOOM! DOOOOOOOM!

....or just wait until people had their fun and know how to use it. You saw drops in XP/hour and a loooooot of Valkyries with the Valkyrie update. They also acted counter beneficial for the team, often just flying into danger and not contributing to fights they where at. Same is happening here. So give it time!
    • Up x 1
  9. DeadAlive99

You have valid concerns OP. It does need time to settle in though, and the Devs need time to tweak it, and there are tweaks coming.

Regarding the xp gain rate, there's no doubt in my mind that working these new bases will kill the xp gain. What little experience I've had so far has netted me virtually nothing. In fact, my best xp gains have been had by finding an abandoned base and blowing it all up myself, about 5-10 certs. /bigwhoop

What I ended up doing yesterday and today, was farming some big lattice battles to get 1000 cp, and then buying a base turret. I imagine that's what I'll have to do for all of the new gear.

I would like to see the new system tied in better with the old system somehow, so it doesn't end up being two games in one.
  10. IcEzEbRa

It's like a picnic, ants everywhere.
    • Up x 3
  11. Scr1nRusher

IS ******* SERVER SMASH

Server smash =/= Live.
  12. Moridin6

ive found lots of batles, they even came to me a few times after we built some stuff.

drove around today with Maggy, took out a lot of turrets and spider tankd for shots on repair nodes, killed all the ANTs we came across and had some "normal" tank battles near Mao trying to gain ter to build on.

ended the day pos 20 kills and around 22k xp an hour, and thats With all the dicking around we do goofing off and bathroom/beer/blunt breaks

getgud
  13. zaspacer

If PS2 Devs want to insert Tower Defense into their game, then they should also insert specialized Siege Tools/Weapons that players can use to crack the Tower Defense.

Right now players just have pre-existing Tools and Tactics to address the Constructed Bases. Plus the constructed bases are still being tuned themselves. We also see various battlefield conventions being warped by the new system. This could be a painful beta process.

1) Give each Unit/Class a way to participate in common Siege Engagements
    2) Multilayered gameplay: give Constructed Bases specific structures to "slow down"/soft counter the effectiveness of standard tactics that develop to crack them. (and then develop weaknesses in these defenses that attackers can target to counter them)
    3) Make it compelling or make it optional

I think little changes for now can go a long way. Things like AV Turret Construct Change: Easier to blow up Turret, Turret be hacked, But Turret Tower is Tougher to kill and Turret itself can be repaired.
    • Up x 1
  14. Taemien

The OP is added to the list:

BamaRage
    BakaRaymoo
    Hoothers

Of players who are salty because their 'friends' found new toys to play with. The issue they have isn't one of where they like or dislike the update. They're all rather indifferent. But they feel jilted by their fellow players. They believe that their faction has somehow 'lost their way'. To put it shortly, they're made because players are having fun doing what those individual players want to do. Not what the OP and other's like them want these individual players to do.

Its play their way or be ridiculed for it.

As many of you know, I don't have much of an opinion of Lone Wolves. I really don't. However.. I have NEVER made a single thread saying that the game should change to push them out or into playing the way I prefer to play. They play how they wish to play. They're free to do so. I'll disagree with them when they say things that hurts group play (just like the OP and those two others want to hurt construction play). But never have I made a thread saying they are wrong.

People like the OP and those two others want us to play the game the way they do. Not the way we want to.
    • Up x 5
  15. Demigan

All I see is a screenshot of a HIVE that just went live.

Also, shall we look at the previous system? How about we dig up some pictures of uncontested Zergs, now those were the days eh...? Filthy hypocrite.
    • Up x 2
  16. xxx-reaper

The problem is it's not worth attacking a base without superior numbers. There's nothing solo players can contribute easily in any deep seeded base and platoons need either absolute coordination or overwhelming numbers to be any use.
  17. DeadAlive99

EDIT: I can't read today.....ignore lol I broke rule #1: Never get involved in a technical discussion 10 minutes after you wake up!
  18. Neo3602

I think you are confusing XP with certs.
  19. DeadAlive99

Yeah, lol I'm still asleep. :)
  20. Moridin6

quote me then delete it or forum trippin? lol WHATCUTALKNBOUTWILLIS