Construction system blatantly highlights how VS and TR don't fight each other.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by orangejedi829, Apr 28, 2016.

1. orangejedi829

One of the more interesting features of the new construction system is that it makes it blatantly clear that both the TR and VS fight NC almost exclusively.
    Previously this claim has been met with naysayers who say it's just NC's perception.
    But yesterday, we had a 100% full continent, yet there was somehow not a single VP base, or fight larger than 1-12, along the TR-VS border.
    [IMG]
    Unsuprisingly, despite having the highest global and continent population at 34%, the NC was crushed as usual and had the least territory and fewest VPs when Indar finally locked.

But sure, it's probably just "NC victim complex", or because NC is just bad, or something.

Even though all three factions had almost even populations, NC was still outpopped 2:1 on every front. Which shows that the '3-way balance' that this game tries to achieve is simply not possible.
    • Up x 2
  2. QQmore

This must be Emerald last night. Yeah it's no secret that the TR and VS don't fight each other anymore. For months virtually every alert TR throws by zerging NC exclusively for hours. VS essentially does the same thing with vehicle zergs that just roll down a lane until stopped by tower/biolab but win because they can take as much TR territory as they want and AoD simply will not fight the VS, AoD being the majority of the TR at this point. I've literally heard more than one TR PL say in voice that they hate fighting the VS. Every time I log into my NC during prime time I notice that the NC is outnumbered at EVERY available fight and any even fight that does arise in NC's favor is immediately crushed by the DA, OO, redeploy sh!tters.
    • Up x 3
  3. CrazyMike

Duh, however I do love the constant fighting. If you like crazy battles all day, NC is where it's at. Plus we have the best infantry weapons in the game. Maxes need more survive ability. (Across all factions)
  4. FLHuk

The only time I was ever aware of two factions teaming on the remaining was Lithcorp early days NC/TR > VS

And that was only as all the best, most team orientated players randomly joined VS :p
  5. FieldMarshall

During even pops, whoever has the top WG on Indar usually gets to choose who to "gang up" on,
    while the two bottom factions fight eachother.

Its pretty common no matter what faction you are.
    • Up x 1
  6. XanIves

Emerald at about 2 PM EST was getting dually hammered by NC and TR for several hours until they locked Indar
  7. ThreePi

This will probably be common. The Prowler's long range DPS will be a huge advantage in taking down fortifications and the Magrider being able to spidertank their way up hills means they have a better chance of getting firing angles around walls. The Vanguard, whose only real advantage is 1v1, close range tank fights, is just going to struggle taking down player-built bases.

Alert victories are already heavily skewed towards VS and TR (ever since the Gatekeeper came out, VS and TR have been basically equal in Alert performance), the NC will undoubtedly fall further and further behind. Wouldn't expect Daybreak to do anything about it since the forums will just complain about "leadership" and "teamwork."
    • Up x 2
  8. Trudriban

And as the prophecy foretold, I ascend from the depths of hell so I may share my tale of woe to my fellow Auraxians

I main NC, have done so since the days of the Enclave, and it kind of sort of really is leadership and teamwork. When I hop on my TR, even in A-holes on Demand platoons there's strategy and thinking involved even if it takes half a fargin hour for the boss to explain something that would otherwise take 10 words. When I'm on my NC, my one toon actually in an outfit, my one toon with the most access to teamwork, all there is is lone wolves. Yes, some weapons might have something to do with many people not caring as much, but at least to me the VS and TR weapons feel like toys when the NC guns feel like actual proper weapons. I feel like a knight with a claymore fighting goblins with wood sticks. The problem is that the goblins have a general, and all my other knights are seeking personal glory rather than fighting for the kingdom they swore loyalty to

Yes I just called the TR and VS armies of goblins. Filthy techno/communist goblins

Not to say, however, that the NC is entirely to blame for being double-teamed. It shows that we all chase cheap victories in the end, since TR and VS won't fight themselves for a hard-earned victory or a glorious defeat. After all, why harm your precious K/D and spend hours on something that can end in defeat when there's an army in blue practically jumping in front of your bullets, giving you victories and certs with little to no effort?
  9. Scr1nRusher

NC is just clinically stupid for the most part.
  10. TheMightyGomora

Yeah Emerald alerts usually end with NC being hit from both fronts and the TR/VS borders being hardly touched. The only times I have seen NC win is almost always when either the TR or VS FINALLY decide to take on the other. I am honestly curious if anyone would ever try doing a study about how the alerts on each server ends up being like.
  11. ThreePi

The only thing that's stupid is believing that across all the servers, NC are all equally less organized than the other two factions. Unless you also believe that the VS were more organized than the TR, but somehow got less organized when the Gatekeeper came out because prior to the Gatekeeper the VS was noticeably better performing in Alerts than the TR was.
  12. Scr1nRusher

Its possible.

NC is just a rag tag group of people for the most part.

Some good & some really fail.
  13. Moridin6

psh, we fight whoever.. ive seen the 2 v 1 with all factions in the different roles. we threw up a base next to the TR warpgate on hossin yesterday, where were you? personally id Rather fight TR as they cant spam guided rockets at me from the spawn room ;)
  14. orangejedi829

Wait, people play on Hossin? 0_o

Sarcasm aside, my point was that, if there were no bias, than surely with a full continent of players (like Indar was), there would be at least some fighting between TR and VS. Hossin, at that time, was no where near full, so I wouldn't really count it as an accurate sample.
  15. DeadAlive99

I'm going to have to fire up my NC char. I haven't played NC or TR since beta.

But check out these pics I just took (Connery). TR has all 7 active Hives, and this is not the first, or second, or third time I've seen this. Also, NC is getting clobbered on the territory.

This is the 2nd night, and for the most part, TR has been the dominant faction when it comes to active Hives. There are times when it's more balanced, but it was very common last night and now tonight to see TR rocking the Hive action.

At the time I took these, TR had 0 / 2 active Hives on Amerish, but that could change real fast.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  16. Xuare

This has been happening since Planetside 1, though it was usually the TR being teamed up on because eventually everyone joined TR (at least by the time Emerald became merged into Gemani). Further, you do realize that this happens at the high command level (also from PS1) with people knowingly setting alliances for set amounts of time?

Be proactive and make those tacit agreements (outfit to other-empire-outfit) before primetime hits. Based on everything that is in the construction update ("Blueprints" "constructions") Daybreak may be moving towards CCP's economy model (which could be really cool if done right). There's nothing preventing you from doing this other than any walls you have set upon yourself.
  17. _itg

The fundamental problem here is that construction strongly encourages ganging up on the weakling at the moment. It happens to be NC in the picture, but it could easily be any team. If two teams attack the third, the victim can't respond to either threat effectively, so the bully factions are guaranteed to get free VP cores. Of course, the same is basically true with taking territories, but the victim at least gets a break there when the lattice forces a fight on a hyper-defensible base, or when one of the bullies realizes they have to take territory from the other to win the alert.