[Video] Low settings (no particles) versus high - competetion & inclusion

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Razeroth, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Razeroth

Thought it was an interesting topic highlighted recently, PS4 lot don't need to worry about it though :p
    • Up x 7
  2. Liewec123

i think low is pretty much mandatory, the bloom, fog, mist and general darkness of night makes ultra a severe handicap.
    i usually run on "overall low" preset which gets rid of mist and i set everything maxed (like texture and land detail)

also a great tip: if you have a good comp, set "render quality" to 2.0 in the ini, it pretty much doubles the crispness of everything. :D

i wouldn't turn the particle effects off to get rid of smoke,
    there are so many advantages of having particles, and smoke spammers aren't too frequent anyway :)
    • Up x 1
  3. Invictorum

I'm definately a graphics guy. I cant stand having everything looking terrible just to give myself a little bit of an advantage.

Plus, it makes me feel sneakier if I'm an infiltrator skulking around in the shadows >.>
    • Up x 5
  4. ViksVs

I wish we could have potato graphic on PS4, and be able to fight over 25 fps :(
  5. DirArtillerySupport

WOW....what a difference. Any other tips for maximizing eye candy?
  6. Pfundi

Yeah, you can set most settings to 0 or 5 (0 or 5 is the maximum, it varies from setting to setting (although 4 could be the max as well, Im not certain)), the game sets it to 3 when put on Ultra.
    A quick google search for something like "Planetside 2 true ultra" should bring up further information.
    • Up x 1
  7. DirArtillerySupport

Well that's the trick...finding something decent to reference that's still valid and recognized as accurate. For now I'll try the settings in Baxter's guide but he uses 1.4 for renderquality. It would be great to find a regularly updated source for details such as limits for each setting.

I guess I have to set the file for read-only or follow a simple rule or routine after making the changes to stop the game from resetting it after I exit?
  8. Pelojian

just take flora off, shadows, fog. flora for infiltration since others will turn it off to reduce your cover so they can find you easier so you don't end up hiding in something that they may not even see, turn off fog for hossin for the same reason, you don't want to think you are safe from view with fog on when someone kills you that you couldn't even see because you had fog on and they didn't.
  9. Azawarau

Oh Hey an LA taking advantage of their jetpack in a base in a way no other class can

Thats not supposed to happen

I have my settings on low because everything else makes me throw up
  10. Radko

Ps4 Masterrace.

No options, no worries. ;)
  11. Zap97

Really now? Since when having optionals is a bad thing, my dear console peasant ;)
  12. FieldMarshall

North Korea masterrace.

No options, no worries.
    • Up x 5
  13. Pelojian

who needs options when the government decides for you! even your own name, because apparently you can't have the same name as their glorious leader!
  14. haldolium

RenderQuality is downsampling and changes the internal resolution.

So f.e. if you play in 1920x1080 and set "RenderQuality=2" the game then will be rendered in 3840x2160 and rescaled to your native resolution, eliminating aliasing in the process.
    • Up x 2
  15. Radko

In case people didn't notice, that was satire.
    But for me, there is some truth to it.

I don't want to fiddle half an hour on the options, getting everything as good as possible for my rig before I can even begin playing. That's why I play more on console nowadays.

Do I miss out on a couple of frames or ultra quality graphics? Sure. But for me couch co-op and a convenient experience is by far more important. The only thing I miss on console is the more outgoing communities pc has. And that is not something you can get by having a fantastic rig.
  16. Liewec123

yep! it makes everything look amazing :D

nope sorry XD
    i'd love to have the game look as good as it did in 2014 though :D
    things like motion blur were removed
  17. AxiomInsanity87

Arma 3 has done it right where people can potato their graphics all they want, it will just look crap.

As far as i know anyway and i'll be ignoring anything that tries to say otherwise lol.
    • Up x 1
  18. Pikachu

I wish it was possible to turn off the bullsh*t chromatic aberration and dirt on lense. Also it seems like things are darker near the edge of the screen, another BS camera artifact that devs think is cool. Soon they might as well add colorblindness, everyting being blue and yellow.
  19. Razeroth

You sound like you are talking about camera lenses. Watching too much digitalrev atm :/
    • Up x 1
  20. Savadrin

Lol I tend to forget that CA and vignetting isn't something everyone just intrinsically knows about.

That's cool, I will still be able to shoot NC :D
    • Up x 1